West Ham United 1 Olympiacos 1 (12/08/06) PSF

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5674 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

hammers4life wrote: i'm not writng us off mate as i feel we played quite well especially in the first half but we went a bit off track for the first 20 mins of the second half. but who cares it's only a friendly. what matters is next weeks result. come on you irons !!!
Sorry mate, that was in response to A New Hope's comments rather than yours!
hammers4life

Post by hammers4life »

MB wrote: Sorry mate, that was in response to A New Hope's comments rather than yours!
you better apologise :lol:
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

Just got back from the game and Carlton Cole's miss at th end of the match was criminal.
hammers4life

Post by hammers4life »

The Badger wrote:Just got back from the game and Carlton Cole's miss at th end of the match was criminal.
don't know about that. he shold have scored yes but was carrying an injury and took it just to close to the keeper as he trief to round him. had he been 100% fit i'm certain he would have scored
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 223 likes

Post by k-r-c »

hammers4life wrote: don't know about that. he shold have scored yes but was carrying an injury and took it just to close to the keeper as he trief to round him. had he been 100% fit i'm certain he would have scored
f*** it, ill **** him off next time he plays for that. :roll: :oops:
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

He looked as if he will provide excellent competition for the other strikers. Bowyer lloked up for it. They will only get stronger.
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

What makes Carlton Cole's awful miss even more hard to bare is, I've just seen TV replays of Benni McCarthy's well taken brace for Blackburn today. Did it make me feel sick? You bet it did.. Just think.. for £1m extra we could have had him
Cake

Post by Cake »

The Badger wrote:What makes Carlton Cole's awful miss even more hard to bare is, I've just seen TV replays of Benni McCarthy's well taken brace for Blackburn today. Did it make me feel sick? You bet it did.. Just think.. for £1m extra we could have had him
For f*** sake give the lad a chance. One game - a meaningless friendly no less - and you're breathing down his neck already. Some of you really are fickle assholes that know nothing about the game.
DICKSY'S BOOTS

Post by DICKSY'S BOOTS »

Got home from the game about an hour ago and l think there are some positives to take from the match.
Personally l think Pantsil looked good , very comfortable on the ball.
Deano had a great game as did Marlon.
Bowyer seemed to be working quite hard all the way through the match.

Can't wait for the real football to start.
steve857

Post by steve857 »

I must have had a wee bit too much to drink, as I didn't even know jimmy walker had come on till I just read this thread.

Alright game, I missed our goal as I was just going into the toilet and walking into wanstead (the very nice chap off of here, not actually wanstead) at the same time,

a good excuse to go to the pub without having to explain yourself when you get home really.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Can't see why a few of you thought it was a **** game. :?

We played very well first-half and did alright in the second-half. I thought Ashton looked very good and was out MOTM. Fantastic goal from Harewood. Mullins broke up the play well but played a few passes short and Bowyer was very busy in the midfield. Zamora played well on the left wing as well.

Paintsil showed some nice touches and looked good going forward but got caught time and time again in defence (in other words had a awful game defensively. I would pick Mears (who looked very solid at the back and going forward) next week at right-back. Glad to see Reo-Coker, Anton Ferdinand, Gabs and Carroll all get some playing time under their belts.

Fair result in the end but a decent game.

Caroll 7
Mears 7 (Paintsil 5)
Ferdinand 7 (Gabs 7)
Collins 7 (Tomkins 7)
Konch 7
Reo-Coker 7 (Ephraim 6)
Bowyer 7
Mullins 7
Zamora 8 (Reid 7)
Ashton 8 MOTM (Sheringham 6)
Harewood 7 (Cole 6)
wanstead
Raw Meat
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by wanstead »

steve857 wrote:I must have had a wee bit too much to drink, as I didn't even know jimmy walker had come on till I just read this thread.

Alright game, I missed our goal as I was just going into the toilet and walking into wanstead (the very nice chap off of here, not actually wanstead) at the same time,

a good excuse to go to the pub without having to explain yourself when you get home really.
Good to see you matey.
Like you I did not know that Walker played the second half - probably due to (a) eye sight (b) drink and (c) sitting in the Bobby Moore lower and looking down the other end I could not work out who was in goal .....
Last edited by wanstead on Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DagenhamHammer

Post by DagenhamHammer »

i didnt even know walker was in goal either...

was in BML too though :shock:
wanstead
Raw Meat
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by wanstead »

Obviously a case of mistaken identity - both short keepers and they both wear the same kit....
steve857

Post by steve857 »

wanstead wrote: Good to see you matey.
Like you I need not know that Walker played the second half - probably due to (a) drink (b)eye sight and (c) sitting in the Bobby Moore lower and looking down the other end I could not work out who was in goal .....

likewise mate.

drink is an evil thing and even more evil when mixed with the dodgy view of the third row of the Bobby Moore lower.

I wondered why the fella in front of me gave me a weird look when i shouted unlucky roy when they scored the equalizer.
Etherington12

Post by Etherington12 »

I also didnt realise Jimmy Walker had come on. Thought Ashton looked sharp today, still a bit chunky but had some class touches and in the long term I think we'd do extremely well to keep him here. Reo-Coker and Bowyer seemed off the pace although Nigel did make a few good runs. Mears and Paintsil seemed ok but hard to judge IMO. Good to see Roy between the sticks again but we still need another keeper.
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

Back home after a nice & funny journey :lol:
Not a good match but nice goal from Marlon :)
Deano & Collins were the best WH players IMHO.

A little bit pissed off because I didn't get a shirt from Zewlakow,I met him a short time before the game & said he would give le his shirt afterwards.
He signalled me he would pick it up in the dressing room but the stewards locked the gates and we were trwon out :x :cry:
A pitty....a a little talk to Butina asweel who used to play for Bruges.
(Zewlakow played a year for my Belgian team Beveren :wink: So if you saw a fool walking in a yellow jersey,that was me! :lol: )

It will have to be much better on Sat but you can't say anything about pre season games....we will be there again!
yabush

Post by yabush »

daniel wrote: I thought he was much younger TBH :lol: :wink:
daniel is getting mad,
you keep on joking around today :shock:
Eltham Hammer

Post by Eltham Hammer »

wanstead wrote:Obviously a case of mistaken identity - both short keepers and they both wear the same kit....
Sorry guys - that's not an excuse...

Carroll was wearing a bright yellow top and Walker had a bright orange one - Walker's top looked like a stewards.
SL

Post by SL »

Eltham Hammer wrote: Sorry guys - that's not an excuse...

Carroll was wearing a bright yellow top and Walker had a bright orange one - Walker's top looked like a stewards.
:?

They both wore the bright green keepers kit.