West Ham United 1 Olympiacos 1 (12/08/06) PSF

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Aris FC

West Ham United 1 Olympiacos 1 (12/08/06) PSF

Post by Aris FC »

Greetings from Thessaloniki

Greek media report today that the friendly match in England between West Ham Utd and Olympiacos is cancelled, after the news that the british police tackled a potent terror attack. Olympiacos has published the following :

"Due to the latest incidents and the special circumstances, the planned friendly match against West Ham in London on Saturday, is cancelled".
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Buggers up our pre-season even more then...super....
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

REFUND, REFUND, REFUND.

Tis a shame.
IRON4EVA

Post by IRON4EVA »

If this is true you'll have one pissed off hammer!
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

Bloody wimps. What sort of message does this send? Other than the fact they were scared of the mighty West Ham & have found a way to chicken out. Would they take the same approach if they were drawn agains a British team in a European competition? No? Thought not?
Aris FC

Post by Aris FC »

IRON4EVA The Official Site of Olympiacos announced it just one hour ago and greek media claim that both teams have made the same announcement (actually I haven't found that in Hammers' Site).

HammerMan2004 :lol: :lol: I could not find what "buggers up" means but I found that just right now :lol: :lol: nobody told it before during my english lessons
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Aris FC wrote:IRON4EVA The Official Site of Olympiacos announced it just one hour ago and greek media claim that both teams have made the same announcement (actually I haven't found that in Hammers' Site).

HammerMan2004 :lol: :lol: I could not find what "buggers up" means but I found that just right now :lol: :lol: nobody told it before during my english lessons
That's because they will wait till 1pm on Saturday.
IRON4EVA

Post by IRON4EVA »

Aris FC wrote:IRON4EVA The Official Site of Olympiacos announced it just one hour ago and greek media claim that both teams have made the same announcement (actually I haven't found that in Hammers' Site).

One word for you mate BOLLOX i'm on the Olympiacos website now and theres nothing plus the event only happened this morning so how could it be in the greek media today, they knew before it happened did they?
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

I hope this isn´t true as I was looking forward to seeing the game over here!!!! :x
Dougles Badder
Location: Finally given up in the british justice system will the last person out please switch the lights off

Post by Dougles Badder »

Does anyone know the sp as i am flying down tomorrow for the game and theres nuffin on offical site :?
Aris FC

Post by Aris FC »

edit : Sorry for not using "Quote" button, the answer is for IRON4EVA

You are right, actually the announcement exists only in greek and when I told about greek media I mean the greek sites involved with sports, but there are only in greek (This is taken from http://www.contra.gr) :

Αναβλήθηκε το φιλικό με Γουέστ Χαμ

Στο μεταξύ, λόγω των τελευταίων γεγονότων στη Μεγάλη Βρετανία, η σαββατιάτικη φιλική αναμέτρηση του Ολυμπιακού με τη Γουέστ Χαμ αναβλήθηκε. Οπως είναι γνωστό, η βρετανική αστυνομία απέτρεψε σχέδιο ανατίναξης αεροσκαφών με αποτέλεσμα από το πρωί της Πέμπτης τα μέτρα ασφαλείας να είναι δρακόντεια.

Οι δύο ομάδες, λοιπόν, εξέδωσαν ανακοίνωση με την οποία γνωστοποιούν πως για λόγους ασφαλείας, η μεταξύ τους αναμέτρηση δεν θα γίνει.

Η σχετική ανακοίνωση του Ολυμπιακού:

"Λόγω των τελευταίων γεγονότων και των ειδικών συνθηκών που έχουν δημιουργηθεί, το προγραμματισμένο για το Σάββατο φιλικό με την Γουέστ Χαμ στο Λονδίνο, αναβάλλεται".

The latter is the Olympiacos announcement

The site of Olympiacos has an error at that moment but I will give you the greek link as soon as possible
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

"Λόγω των τελευταίων γεγονότων και των ειδικών συνθηκών που έχουν δημιουργηθεί, το προγραμματισμένο για το Σάββατο φιλικό με την Γουέστ Χαμ στο Λονδίνο, αναβάλλεται".
Well, IRON4EVA, aren't you going to translate for us? :|
IRON4EVA

Post by IRON4EVA »

York Ham(mer) wrote: Well, IRON4EVA, aren't you going to translate for us? :|
My best guess is "Blah blah blah media talking bollox, we made this up, we are c*nts"
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

I'm sure Aris is reporting in good faith what's on the internet in Greece, why would he bother making it up.
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

IRON4EVA

Post by IRON4EVA »

KIALOS wrote:I'm sure Aris is reporting in good faith what's on the internet in Greece, why would he bother making it up.
I know, sorry to shoot the messenger it's not your fault just the bloody media! :evil:
daniel

Post by daniel »

York Ham(mer) wrote: Well, IRON4EVA, aren't you going to translate for us? :|
It says:
"Ronaldinho, Barcelona's Brazillian playmaker, has agreed terms with West Ham United.
Christian Dailly will make the opposite way, with an additional 12 million fee from Barcelona."
Dougles Badder
Location: Finally given up in the british justice system will the last person out please switch the lights off

Post by Dougles Badder »

Just gave the westham hotel a ding and the bloke said he checked with his manager and the game is ON do you think they just want my hard earned :lol:
Aris FC

Post by Aris FC »

I have already translated that in my first message.

Here is the greek link from the official site of Olympiacos, regarding their announcement:

http://www.olympiacos.org/article.aspx?aid=21274

To be honest, I hate Olympiacos (I am a fan of Aris FC as you can see from my nickname) but no flights to Heathrow, Gatwick and one more have been done from Athens and Thessaloniki today. But, I assume from the news reported in the site of Sportime (the biggest greek newspaper about sports) this is a decision from Olympiacos, they preferred not to travel to England. They could go by ship from France for example, if it was necessary.