West Ham United 0 Newcastle United 2 (17/09/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

fleetyfoot
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by fleetyfoot »

jacko wrote: He bought two right backs and one of them got injured and mears was sick. How many do you want him to buy?
He only bought one fullback who isn't a squad player.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

just back from the game--- how we got beaten by that shower of ***** i do not know.

the problem is simple...too many people playing not even to half of their ability....konch--distribution worse than ever(if thats possible) carroll-- paper weight....bowyer-what he supposed to be doing ? i'll stop

We'll be ok - pardew needs to get back to basics, tell the players to pass to a bloke with a claret shirt on, and sort a midfield that i) win s the ball ii) retains the ball iii) launches attacking moves....until we have that sorted. there''ll be lots more seats being emptied early( shocking early exit from our "superb" fans again today.....)

bring on citeh!
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Chicken Runner wrote: One mistake from Gabbidon who has been flawless for a season and he should be dropped? Remember he was our best player last year and still had a good game today, you must have a short memory.
And that is why some of you make me spew - that was last season.........some fo you need to move on. If your happy ****ing out money to watch performances like that then you must be hard up for entertainment
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

just back..

konch again had a mare, if we had a back up he would be dropped.
matty did nothing for me, has had his chance but doesnt deserve to be back in the starting 11 yet.
tevez was class for me, shocked he came off (unless he was injured/tired??)
NRC had his usual game, a couple of bursts with the ball but invisible for most of the game.
mears just isnt good enough, he has no confidence and unless there is an easy pass close to him he just hoofs it down the line, the sooner paintsil is back the better.

yossi looked good when he came on though,
marlon seems a lot more up for it when he comes off the bench, hopefully a goal soon will give him a boost in confidence!

for citeh game i would bring collins in at right back, im sure he has played there for wales and does well. cant be worse than mears at the mo, i think he will improve and be a decent back up but he just doesnt cut it for me at the moment
Phobos

Post by Phobos »

Lack of effort (why doesn't every one chase the ball and hastle the opposition - Tevez did)
Bad passing (konch had another terrible game)
Half time talk / tactics..............What a joke.....We fell apart.
Don't blaim Kia or the Argies.... It was the players who were rubbish today. No excuses.
If they don't try harder we'll be looking at the Fizzy Pop again.

Lets hope they can do better and we can get behind them next week......
Claretandblueyank
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Claretandblueyank »

I think people are a bit too worried. It has been a tough week. Two new players, very new, to england and west ham. They don't speak english etc. A tough game midweek where we played well imo a then the game today. This season is going to be tough - boro and bolton proved that last year and they had bigger squads. I thought it was interesting that apart from Anton every player has been criticized in this thread which suggests that the team is not playing well overall. More training will help. The argies will improve as time goes on. Citeh game is good as their form is dire at the moment. Good fixture for us. Hectic two weeks and the squad is a bit nervy...I think time will sort this out. If pardew starts pushing buttons for a quick fix the nerves will continue. Keep the faith lads.
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Bill »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:Pardew doesn't know what the f*ck to do, doesn't know our best XI and hasn't the b*llocks to drop underacheivers - maybe he believes the same hype some of you lot seem to?

We are appalling bad - no ideas, no movement, no urgency and frankly the worst substitutions I've ever seen. Why wait 65 minutes to bring our most effective attacking midfielder on ffs?

Matty is a bottle job, gabbidon needs dropping for Ginge, NRC needs dropping, Zamora isn't a lone striker, Mullins is a poor DM and as a RB wtf? I have to say Carroll doesn't impress me at all - no marshalling of the defence and doesn't command his area.

Don't mind if we lose but I mind if we don't seem to care and frankly at the moment no-one seems to care enough. Last year was a pleasant surprise but we cannot affor to have our heads in the sand and ignore the ***** being served up at the moment.
FWIW I agree with every word. Obviously some will accuse me of being a whinger who should get behind the team, cos everything will sort itself out. :roll: Last game Pards said we were tactically naive (whose tactics?). Now he doesn't know his best 11! Not much point in having a bigger squad then picking NRC every week when the efoort isn't there and he's the captain FFS!
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Carroll - A fairly good game today. Could do nothing about the goals

Mears - when the f*** is Pards going to relise this bloke ain't up to the grade and play Bowyer at right back?

Ferdinand - Good game looked stong but Mears makes him look uneasy at times.

Gabbidon - Another dodgy game. WTF was he doing for their 2nd goal??

Konch - Another very poor performance for him. Needs to be dropped.

Etherington - Not fit yet not the best day for him

Masch - great player. Got in some good tackles. Shame to see him come off

Reo-coker - drop him another bad day at the office and not his first either

Bowyer - tries his best - played well MOM for west ham for me.

Tevez - did well seems to be adapting well to the Prem. Great freekicks. Why was he taken off?

Zamora - Again tries his best I just wish he'd shoot more often.

Pards has got some sorting out to do over the next week. I think he can do it but he needs to work on his subs.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Hammer Laffers wrote: Mears - when the f*ck is Pards going to relise this bloke ain't up to the grade and play Bowyer at right back?
funnily enough i was thinking if that would be an option today...
mears off, bowyer to right back ( i just think he is experienced and commited enough to do a job there if needed like today)
bring yossi on at right mid and bring matty off for c.cole,
bobby could have switched to left mid OR go 3 up front... c.cole must have been wondering what was going on when we need a goal and leave him off but bring on goal machine hayden :lol:
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Hammer Laffers wrote:Carroll - A fairly good game today. Could do nothing about the goals

Mears - when the f*ck is Pards going to relise this bloke ain't up to the grade and play Bowyer at right back?

Ferdinand - Good game looked stong but Mears makes him look uneasy at times.

Gabbidon - Another dodgy game. WTF was he doing for their 2nd goal??

Konch - Another very poor performance for him. Needs to be dropped.

Etherington - Not fit yet not the best day for him

Masch - great player. Got in some good tackles. Shame to see him come off

Reo-coker - drop him another bad day at the office and not his first either

Bowyer - tries his best - played well MOM for west ham for me.

Tevez - did well seems to be adapting well to the Prem. Great freekicks. Why was he taken off?

Zamora - Again tries his best I just wish he'd shoot more often.

Pards has got some sorting out to do over the next week. I think he can do it but he needs to work on his subs.
Largely agree with this - except I did not rate Bowyer's performance much.

Matty was well clattered early on and, as has often been seen before, that affects his confidence and drive. All teams paying us should have a plan to knock him early on.

Pretty much all players were guilty of being caught in possession. Was that just them being slow or lack of movement from team mates to create passing opportunities? Midfielders rarely made themselves available to receive a short ball.

Against Charlton we always tried to play it out from the back. Today it was consistent deep kicks downfield. The odd ones we won just resulted in a header in a random direction. We can only lump it if Ashton is up there.

A lot of passing was poor. A high number of long balls were humped upfield to be easily collected by Toon defenders with no opposition. And a frightening number of short passes went astray. I struggle to understand that. If these guys cannot consistently do a 15 yard pass accurately and appropriately weighted why are they playing?

Minimal number of chances created and few signs that anyone would tuck them away.

Dead balls - corners - little threat going forwards, defending - second to the ball too often (like Villa). Our free kicks - Tevez and the bar - forget the rest.

Overall very disappointed. Poor opposition. Good first game against Charlton, good performance (no luck) against Palermo, not much else to be positive about. Could do with a three week break to work on so many things. Pards must be wondering where to start. Perhaps it just needs some mindgames to get them believing again. Play last seasons DVD?
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

If only.... wrote: Largely agree with this - except I did not rate Bowyer's performance much.

Matty was well clattered early on and, as has often been seen before, that affects his confidence and drive. All teams paying us should have a plan to knock him early on.

Pretty much all players were guilty of being caught in possession. Was that just them being slow or lack of movement from team mates to create passing opportunities? Midfielders rarely made themselves available to receive a short ball.

Against Charlton we always tried to play it out from the back. Today it was consistent deep kicks downfield. The odd ones we won just resulted in a header in a random direction. We can only lump it if Ashton is up there.

A lot of passing was poor. A high number of long balls were humped upfield to be easily collected by Toon defenders with no opposition. And a frightening number of short passes went astray. I struggle to understand that. If these guys cannot consistently do a 15 yard pass accurately and appropriately weighted why are they playing?

Minimal number of chances created and few signs that anyone would tuck them away.

Dead balls - corners - little threat going forwards, defending - second to the ball too often (like Villa). Our free kicks - Tevez and the bar - forget the rest.

Overall very disappointed. Poor opposition. Good first game against Charlton, good performance (no luck) against Palermo, not much else to be positive about. Could do with a three week break to work on so many things. Pards must be wondering where to start. Perhaps it just needs some mindgames to get them believing again. Play last seasons DVD?

Yeah the DVD idea sounds good - I just wonder if teams have sussed out how to play against us e.g. play fizzy pop style football
Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: And that is why some of you make me spew - that was last season.........some fo you need to move on. If your happy ****ing out money to watch performances like that then you must be hard up for entertainment
What about being loyal to players that are very good IMO but make one mistake, all football players make mistakes. Your answer would be to drop our player of the year because of one mistake?

Were still West Ham this season were not Chelsea just because we were lucky last year.

Im happy to fork out to watch West Ham however they play, I did in the Championship and I will do it again if I have to. Don't go if you want to win every game and see 6 goals, theres a club in West London that does that, they will gladly take your money.
sgt_squirrel

Post by sgt_squirrel »

Just got back from the pub after the game, what a shitty 2nd half perfomance, konch was terrible again, i think i counted about 4 completed passes, reo coker yet again did nothing special, tevez was our best player till he was taken off...it was another frustrating game with no real end product again, but chanting, you're reason we went down was quality
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Bet Tevez and Mascherano are over the moon they came to us.

Bext players near enough in our last 2 games, only ones who seemed to br trying and nearly everyone else playing ****.

Not going Man City next week, which is unusual for me to miss a game, but maybe its the best for my health as seeing that shower of ***** again wont make me feel any better.
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

Ok it's our sixth game of the season, we've lost half of them. Performances have dropped from uninspired to bloody awful but it's early days, new players are bedding in, we've got a few injuries, important to keep a sense of perspective. Come on Parrot - pecker up.

- but just so's I know, can someone tell me when it'll be okay to panic so I can try and free up some space in my schedule?
:?
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Chicken Runner wrote: What about being loyal to players that are very good IMO but make one mistake, all football players make mistakes. Your answer would be to drop our player of the year because of one mistake?

Were still West Ham this season were not Chelsea just because we were lucky last year.

Im happy to fork out to watch West Ham however they play, I did in the Championship and I will do it again if I have to. Don't go if you want to win every game and see 6 goals, theres a club in West London that does that, they will gladly take your money.
I too saw us through both Campionship seasons and I don't expect us to score 6 every game - however I DO expect passion, committment, and motivation from the player - Gabbidon has been shakey all of THIS season.

Please remove your 2005/6 glasses and look at what we are doing now ffs - we are passionless, merely going through the motions because we can't possibly be **** as we are Cup runners up and the darlings of the Prem - I do pity you if you think that is good football and that the manager and players are blameless regardless of if they are HOTY or ****ing Pope ****ing Pardew
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: I too saw us through both Campionship seasons and I don't expect us to score 6 every game - however I DO expect passion, committment, and motivation from the player - Gabbidon has been shakey all of THIS season.

Please remove your 2005/6 glasses and look at what we are doing now ffs - we are passionless, merely going through the motions because we can't possibly be sh*t as we are Cup runners up and the darlings of the Prem - I do pity you if you think that is good football and that the manager and players are blameless regardless of if they are HOTY or f*cking Pope f*cking Pardew
Well said.
Dicksie's Right Boot

newcastle game

Post by Dicksie's Right Boot »

:? I'm sorry. I have spent all the time since I got home trying to find a decent explanation for why Tevez was taken off. What was it Pardew said? Did anyone think it was the right decision at that point?
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

k-r-c wrote: Well said.

Agreed - I think people forget we over achieved last year and took teams by supprise but this year we have been found out,,
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

The following have been dire virtually all season:

Coker
Konch
Carroll
Mears
Pardew
Harewood
Gabbidon