Manchester City 2 West Ham United 0 (23/09/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 247 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

What a load of **** that was!

No passion, passing awful, Matty has less back bone than a jellyfish, NRC disappeared for long periods, Marlon and Zamora cannot be expected to do anything with endless long punts from defence ffs. Why drop Bowyer when NRC has been as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike this season?

The pattern of our possession.....ball passed around the back a bit......then on to Mascherano who looks up and sees no ****er wanting the ball........passes back to the defence who punt it up hopefully.....we lose possession.

I've always been a Pardew dissenter and today seeing him there, emotionless and arms folded on the touch line really did it for me........and then to blame the lose on Antons injury is laughable.

3 games and I cannot remember a shot the opposition keeper had to save.

Paddy and I told Roy Carroll at the end what we thought...I was shouting that was ****ing ****, and Carroll said I know, Paddy then shouted that we paid good money and we expected more from them. Carroll seemed genuinely embarrassed at the performance and tried to give Paddy his shirt before some snotty nosed little oik grabbed it :lol:

Note to Pardew - having our midfield over run is not a cue to swop the front two out and hope they can deal with long punts better than the original two :evil:
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Chippenhammer wrote:Pardew should cancel their day off and get them all in to talk it through. May them pay for their crappy performances.
Completely agree with this to be honest. I actually think that he should get the whole team together and sort out whatever might be going on behind the scenes. Say for example there is discontent about Tevez / Mascherano, get it all out in the open. Once these grievances get discussed, show them the bloody DVD of last season, show them what they WERE capable of, get some psychology going. Show them that this team is hardly any different from that of 05/06 and get them believing again.

It's not the quality of the players, it's the quality of the mind - their confidence needs a boost and fast.
I am law

Post by I am law »

wow
motd was grief!
city ripped us apart
city?

:twisted:
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Well I have been steering clear of reading this thread or watching a stream etc etc as I was trying to have an enjoyable Saturday, but I have just seen the highlights on MOTD and at the risk of being a stuck record, and based on the fact that Mullins is ****, Etherington is not match-sharp, Reid is inexperienced and Tevez needs to play, the magic words are (again):

Benayoun (LM) - Mascherano (CM) - Bowyer (CM) - Harewood (RM)

To me this is the most rational midfield at the moment. Pardew is currently making a complete cock-up with his feeble and illogical permutations. Sort it aht!

As I said I haven't read this thread and am assuming Mascherano's injury was not serious. I can't bear to read back - too depressing.
D&G

Post by D&G »

Well I've just watched MOTD my first sight at the game. What worries me is that they normally show the best bits and we didn't a shot on goal but we had 45%-55% possession in our favour :? I think the panel agree with us when we say changes have to come QUICK.
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:NRC has been as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike this season?
true :lol: thanks AGxM :thup: made me laugh
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:What a load of **** that was!

No passion, passing awful, Matty has less back bone than a jellyfish, NRC disappeared for long periods, Marlon and Zamora cannot be expected to do anything with endless long punts from defence ffs. Why drop Bowyer when NRC has been as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike this season?

The pattern of our possession.....ball passed around the back a bit......then on to Mascherano who looks up and sees no ****er wanting the ball........passes back to the defence who punt it up hopefully.....we lose possession.

I've always been a Pardew dissenter and today seeing him there, emotionless and arms folded on the touch line really did it for me........and then to blame the lose on Antons injury is laughable.

3 games and I cannot remember a shot the opposition keeper had to save.

Paddy and I told Roy Carroll at the end what we thought...I was shouting that was f*cking sh*t, and Carroll said I know, Paddy then shouted that we paid good money and we expected more from them. Carroll seemed genuinely embarrassed at the performance and tried to give Paddy his shirt before some snotty nosed little oik grabbed it :lol:
I agree that Bowyer should of played over Reo-Coker HOWEVER I can see exactly what Pardew was doing. We needed width so he went for Benayoun and Etherington.

Did you watch Pardew for the whole of the 90 minutes? I bet he was shouting, giving out instructions and showing passion. Also I've read his quotes and I don't see him blaming the loss on Anton's injury. He is saying it was a factor and no doubt it was.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Ironball wrote:Benayoun (LM) - Mascherano (CM) - Bowyer (CM) - Harewood (RM)
Harewood on the right wing?

I don't want to see that again (unless we are playing 4-5-1 away from home). Harewood is a striker who likes to use the wide areas. He is not a winger.
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Etherington doesn't give us width if he is playing **** though, does he? Or at least, it is a peculiarly worthless and shitty form of width.

The best type of width we can hope for on players' current form is Yossi on the left and Marlon on the right.

I may have mentioned it before....
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Harewood on the right wing?

I don't want to see that again (unless we are playing 4-5-1 away from home). Harewood is a striker who likes to use the wide areas. He is not a winger.
Did he play there today? Not been plugged in as it were.

As I have said before, I think you are all anti-Marlon on the right based on his disaffected performances there in the Championship. He only played there a couple of times last season and he looked really good each time.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

what a wasted journey to manchester and back again that was!

where was the drive in the 2nd half? no passion at all!

Mascherano cannot play in a 4-4-2 formation you can only accomodate him if you play 5 in the middle, otherwise we go too defensive and NRC gets the strop as he is the middle on his own.

bowyer should be a first team starter, after his MOTM performances!!!

we are trying too hard to accomodate the argies let them have a taste of reserve team football to get them accomodated to our style

the central midfield should now be either noble & bowyer or mullins & bowyer, Pardew take note!!!!!!!!!

our strikers got hardly any service today except for long balls!

how many times did i see our team not moving just standing still, apart from yossi who was trying to find space.

if matty is not 100% match fit put Reid in!

whats wrong with Spector too, i thought he could play right back or left back, Konch has his confidence shot to ribbons!

a very unhappy hammer, argies out! noble back pronto and NRC dropped!
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Ironball wrote: Did he play there today? Not been plugged in as it were.

As I have said before, I think you are all anti-Marlon on the right based on his disaffected performances there in the Championship. He only played there a couple of times last season and he looked really good each time.
I don't think he did play on the right wing today.

I like Harewood as a striker. He is at his best when he is confident and playing upfront. Yeah he can play on the right and it can work well but as a week in week out position? Not for me.

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Did you watch Pardew for the whole of the 90 minutes? I bet he was shouting, giving out instructions and showing passion.
I watched him stupidly for inspiration when we were utter, utter **** - and got none just the crossed arms bemused look
D&G

Post by D&G »

What does Pardew write in that little note pad?

D&G wrote:What does Pardew write in that little note pad?
Love notes to Mullins and NRC - the only explaination why them c**** get a game :lol:
AJ

Post by AJ »

NRC playing s**t

Carroll distributing s**t

Konchesky playing s**t

mascherano too deep

strikers getting no service

matty not match fit

no player movement

no pace and power

.............not much really
Cake

Post by Cake »

Today was without doubt the worst game I've been to since we came up again. The supporters weren't up for it at all, and the team played like a complete bunch of c****.

A day I could have done without!

I'm dreading Reading next week, especially when you consider the Pardew factor that this fixture has attached to it.
AJ

Post by AJ »

Cake wrote:Today was without doubt the worst game I've been to since we came up again. The supporters weren't up for it at all, and the team played like a complete bunch of c****.

A day I could have done without!

I'm dreading Reading next week, especially when you consider the Pardew factor that this fixture has attached to it.
trust me mate i was there i was up for it, but sadly our team gave us nothing to cheer or sing about, and never stepped up a gear when we did sing :cry:
Cake

Post by Cake »

AJ wrote: trust me mate i was there i was up for it, but sadly our team gave us nothing to cheer or sing about, and never stepped up a gear when we did sing :cry:
I was there as well mate, and anytime we tried to get a singsong going, no one budged. Although we did have fun singing "Oh Teddy Teddy!" to the lookalike steward in the away end. :lol:
Tony Mac

Post by Tony Mac »

I can only think that he's been fine-tuning his resignation letter..and then we can get back to playing proper football again.

Ron Greenwood and John Lyall must be turning in their graves.

Even Glenn Roeder moved up a notch in the respect stakes after the Newcastle debacle.