UC1a: Palermo 3 West Ham United 0 (28/09/06) UEFA1

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Italian Hammer
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

Doubting Tomas wrote:

But we just don't know do we ?

If we sacked a few more instead of hanging on in hope/ tightarsedness, we might have found a decent one by now and actually ****ing won something.
I doubt that very much.

Lack of investment e.g. the year after the 85/86 season.

Selling our bright young things - pick any year you like there.

I'd like to know which manager you would have instead of Alan Pardew. A manager who could have got us, a club in disarray and close on financial ruin, promoted back to the premiership with **** all money to spend, into an FA cup final and into Europe (albeit briefly).

Please feel free to enlighten us because i'm sure that that manager would choose Real Madrid, Barcelona or any other of the top teams in Europe over us first.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

great pic! cross hammers marks the spot

http://i9.tinypic.com/4dznlz6.jpg
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Yesterday we played a team at the top of Seria A and the game swung on three top saves by their keeper. We hit the woodwork and lost more goals chasing the game. It's hardly a disgrace. We had one of the toughest draws in the competiton for fcuks sake. Critise yes, but please be realistic.

Yes we are shaky at the moment but slagging players and a manager you previously trusted is surley a bit premature. Christ if this club changed managers every time we went on a losing slump we would be passing the 1000 manager mark by now.
Spot on. :doff:
Kaje
Has liked: 7 likes

Post by Kaje »

EvilC wrote: :shock: We were absolutely deathly quiet in the second half.
agreed
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Doubting Tomas wrote:

But we just don't know do we ?

If we sacked a few more instead of hanging on in hope/ tightarsedness, we might have found a decent one by now and actually ****ing won something.
Yep, just like Newcastle, Wolves......
Kaje
Has liked: 7 likes

Post by Kaje »

Trifecta wrote:
Just because somebody tries hard that does not make them automatically worthy of applause or acknowledgement. You need to try harder son :wink:
Does in my book :!:
F*cking hate watching over paid 'superstar' footballers who cant be bothered to try. I need them to try bloody hard if they try and get beat by the better team what more can you ask of them? Harewood last season deserved applause in my book for running his a*se off.
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

I would say right now our biggest problem is confidence. I still have complete faith in AP and the team, we will be fine.

Its times like these a team really needs the support so hope we are really behind them on Sunday, also can we stop this chanting for whoever is on the bench to come on when we go a goal down…