UC1a: Palermo 3 West Ham United 0 (28/09/06) UEFA1

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Larry wrote:yes we are playing a seria A side but they are nothing special yes they are solid and technicaly good but the truth is we have let our selves down we have played no where near as good as we can and that's why we are all so frustrated.
Larry - b*llocks. We played very well in the first half and caused them a few problems. Cole was excellent up front. I haven't seen a replay but I'd say the free kick that lead to their goal was debatable (much like their goal in the first leg). Second half we got caught on the counter and our heads dropped.

They are a very good side - make no mistake about that. They'd be more than a match for most of the sides in the Premiership.

We had some good performances - Spector, Collins, Cole. Tevez was hugely disappointed. Cole would have been a certain starter on Sunday and it looked like Spector finished the match with an injury.
Trifecta
Tip top tipster

Post by Trifecta »

Bubbles Bob wrote:I think the thing to remember during this bad patch is that everyone is coming at this with a positive intent - we all want the team and the club to succeed.. Support, encouragement and faith in people is far more likely to get results and then when things do turn around there's a fair chance it'll be paid back in loyalty.
What a load of New Labour "Everybody gets a prize" bull**** :x

I am uncertain whether you have been listening to Alan Postives Pardew or you are just a huge fan of The Office but that is just a waste of bandwidth mate. IMHO of course.
Bubbles Bob
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bubbles Bob »

Trifecta wrote: What a load of New Labour "Everybody gets a prize" bullsh*t :x

I am uncertain whether you have been listening to Alan Postives Pardew or you are just a huge fan of The Office but that is just a waste of bandwidth mate. IMHO of course.
Thanks for your feedback.

Why don't you pick someone in your life and constantly criticise their perfomance despite their best efforts. Then come back and give me the results.
Trifecta
Tip top tipster

Post by Trifecta »

Bubbles Bob wrote:Thanks for your feedback.

Why don't you pick someone in your life and constantly criticise their perfomance despite their best efforts. Then come back and give me the results.

Just because somebody tries hard that does not make them automatically worthy of applause or acknowledgement. You need to try harder son :wink:
Bubbles Bob
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bubbles Bob »

Just because somebody tries hard that does not make them automatically worthy of applause or acknowledgement. You need to try harder son :wink:[/quote]

Is that what I said? Maybe you should re read my post ? :wink:
Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

carnage wrote: is it f*ck.
Why not support Chelsea then?
se28 hammer

Post by se28 hammer »

Did anyone get any pics/clips than?
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Chicken Runner wrote: Why not support Chelsea then?
what sort of a ****ing argument is that? I really fail to see where you are coming from.
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

carnage wrote: is it f*ck.
Chelsea is that way

<---------------------
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Chicken Runner wrote: Why not support Chelsea then?
Why don't you go and support some happy, clappy load of ***** where everyone is happy and no-one moans then?
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

i have never seen such a bollox statement that having good fans is better than having a good team. Quite frankly its cringe worthy.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

I only got back from Italy at 6am and have just got up (went straight to bed).

I'll do a bigger report on the day and the match later on but I've got to say how fantastic we (the fans) were last night. Great day except for the result.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:Why don't you go and support some happy, clappy load of ***** where everyone is happy and no-one moans then?
http://www.harekrishna.com/
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:I only got back from Italy at 6am and have just got up (went straight to bed).

I'll do a bigger report on the day and the match later on but I've got to say how fantastic we (the fans) were last night. Great day except for the result.
:shock: We were absolutely deathly quiet in the second half.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

EvilC wrote: :shock: We were absolutely deathly quiet in the second half.
First-half I thought we was fantastic. Second-half was much worse however I think that was down to being 3-0 down and knowing the game was over. I did kind of mean the day as a whole as well.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

I stopped reading this thread last night due to the attitude of some fans on this site.

I fully respect this is a forum for free speech, and there is nothing wrong with fans questioning player performances and attitude, nor Pardews tactics and formtions. No one can be expected to support the club blindly, nor should they not be able to express their dissapointment.

But some of the hysteria and fickleness at the moment is making me sick.

Last year this manager and group of players stayed up in style and took us to a magnificent cup final. I bet all you moaners were loving everything then. How great was is that Pardew took us to a final, but still put out a strong team to give us the added pleasure of denying the Spuds champions league football.

Now within 6 games the toys have been thrown out the pram by some supporters. It may be a cliche but some of you are reminding me about everything I hate about Spurs fans. Gimme success, change players, and do it now. No faith, no patience.

When the third goal went in people are ****ing all and sundry, and posting Pardew out. I just find it embarrassing how short termist and fickle you are. How can you expect to be taken seriously when we are not even in October yet? It's laughable.

Yesterday we played a team at the top of Seria A and the game swung on three top saves by their keeper. We hit the woodwork and lost more goals chasing the game. It's hardly a disgrace. We had one of the toughest draws in the competiton for fcuks sake. Critise yes, but please be realistic.

Yes we are shaky at the moment but slagging players and a manager you previously trusted is surley a bit premature. Christ if this club changed managers every time we went on a losing slump we would be passing the 1000 manager mark by now.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Christ if this club changed managers every time we went on a losing slump we would be passing the 1000 manager mark by now.
Agree 100 percent with that. I have never known such mood swings when it comes to a run of bad results.
Doubting Tomas

Post by Doubting Tomas »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Christ if this club changed managers every time we went on a losing slump we would be passing the 1000 manager mark by now.

But we just don't know do we ?

If we sacked a few more instead of hanging on in hope/ tightarsedness, we might have found a decent one by now and actually ****ing won something.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Travelling Support

Post by Pop Robson »

(Dazza)

Re: Travelling Support

Post by (Dazza) »