West Ham United 0 Reading 1 (04/10/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Andy

West Ham United 0 Reading 1 (04/10/06)

Post by Andy »

I know that we have Palermo on Thursday, but arguably the Reading game on Sunday has taken on a greater deal of significance than just a 'we stole your manager' type banter scenario with the current state of play of the team and the possible forced changes due to injuries. With two games in quick succession, is there any mileage in discussing potential tactics for Reading (other than 'will Dailly be playing?' - which frankly scares the **** out of me)?
PaoloD
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: er.. Official West Ham vs Reading thread?

Post by PaoloD »

Very tough game. As you say, there away end will be rammed out for Pards and there tails will be up because they're playing well. Arguably playing with the same confidence as we were this time last year. Thing will have to turn for us but I'm not convinced it will be this Sunday esp with the journey to Italy 3 days previous. 1-1 :x
Andy

Re: er.. Official West Ham vs Reading thread?

Post by Andy »

PaoloD wrote:Very tough game. As you say, there away end will be rammed out for Pards and there tails will be up because they're playing well. Arguably playing with the same confidence as we were this time last year. Thing will have to turn for us but I'm not convinced it will be this Sunday esp with the journey to Italy 3 days previous. 1-1 :x
I tend to agree. At the moment i would be glad of the draw, despite the fact that on paper we should wipe the floor with them. It would be fantastic for Tevez to gel finally and get a hat trick, but 2-2 is my prediction
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

I need a lift from Brighton desperately for this game. Please someone help me.
antony
Tory boy
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by antony »

I can see this being really tricky.
Reading have a great attack and if we defend like we have done recently Kevin Doyle will have a field day.
Keeping the Faith though"
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes

Post by Ben »

I wonder if thier fans will kick off if pards waves to us :lol:

I think a v.long rendition of alan pardew's claret and blue army should be in order to try and wind them up!
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Alan Pardew's magic,
he wears a magic hat,
and when he saw the West Ham job he said im having that.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
antony
Tory boy
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by antony »

Bloody Hell I'd forgotten about that!
I can't imagine much will have changed from the days in the championship, even though they have done pretty well without him. He will probably get a lot of abuse.
Things haven't really changed for us even though we have done well without roeder so I guess for them its the same thing!
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

A very tricky fixture I think. Reading are full of confidence and playing well too. A lot depends on how we perform on thursday.
I am law

Post by I am law »

I'll take a draw here (obviously a win would be good, but Reading are easily the best of the promoted sides).

In fact a nil - nil might put some confidence back in our defence.
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Reading look a hard team to beat. I'd be pleased with the draw really. Just at least stop the run of defeats.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I am law wrote:I'll take a draw here (obviously a win would be good, but Reading are easily the best of the promoted sides).

In fact a nil - nil might put some confidence back in our defence.
How about some confidence back in our attack though? :?
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

I think we're going to get turned over :cry: but Pards will pull it around eventually.
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

4-0 win to us, they're rubbish. They've still got 8 or 9 of the same team which finished 7th in the Championship when we went up.

It's a case of mind over matter. Who cares if they're above us? Who cares if they're on form? It's still the same side who finished below our crap Championship team 2 years ago.

Green

Spector Collins Gabbidon Konchesky

Yossi Bowyer Mascherano Etherington

Harewood Tevez

SUBS: Carroll Mears Reo-Coker Zamora Cole
Andy

Post by Andy »

A New Hope wrote:4-0 win to us, they're rubbish. They've still got 8 or 9 of the same team which finished 7th in the Championship when we went up.

It's a case of mind over matter. Who cares if they're above us? Who cares if they're on form? It's still the same side who finished below our crap Championship team 2 years ago.

Green

Spector Collins Gabbidon Konchesky

Yossi Bowyer Mascherano Etherington

Harewood Tevez

SUBS: Carroll Mears Reo-Coker Zamora Cole
excellent! A cautious prediction at last!!
nice to see it mate, lets hope you are right :D
BonzosBoots
Has liked: 49 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by BonzosBoots »

One thing i will say to Reading in their favour - they made a hell of a ****ing noise on Saturday vs Man Utd, maybe the best i've heard this season.
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

Yes their drummer is very loud.
Trotsky's Hammer
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Trotsky's Hammer »

hawkins_hammer Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not going up by car, but if you want to travel up on the train together just PM me. :D
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

This fixture couldn't have come at a worse time.

We're on a losing streak and have to travel back from a difficult Europe trip to face a promoted side full of confidence on the back of a draw against one of the strongest teams in the division.

I feel that the part time supporters and "boo-boys" will be out in force for this one to drive the team on with their constant chanting of "Alan Pardew's Claret and Blue army" and get 100% behind the team..... or more likely, they will boo our team sheet as it is read out and scream abuse from the kick off. :evil:

Let's pack the midfield (Mullins, Mascherano, Dailly, Bowyer) and draw their sting and use Tevez and Harewood to run at them and win some free kicks and rattle one in off the crossbar.

We need to stop the rot and digging out a 0-0 draw will help, a 1-0 win would be better but this is not an easy game. We are not playing with the confidence or style of last season.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1633 likes

Post by chalks »

Trotsky's Hammer wrote:hawkins_hammer Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:02 am Post subject:

Not going up by car, but if you want to travel up on the train together just PM me. :D
An invite onto a train from Brighton :shock:

Shitstabber alert.