Portsmouth 2 West Ham United 0 (14/10/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Claretandblueyank
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Claretandblueyank »

West Dan wrote:stay positive - we are only 3 points off 12th place, the league is so tight and a couple of wins will make a big difference, lets stay behind pards and the team, it HAS to come right sooner rather than later, bring on the spuds
someone with sense
Claretandblueyank
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Claretandblueyank »

Larry wrote: and have you seen who we play next - if we were losing but playing well and scoring goals you would have reason to feel positive. But the fact we have now gone 900 minutes with out scoring a goal have rarly looked like scoring and played poorly is extreamly worrying..
Larry, I am sure you are a nice bloke, but every post of yours is negative. You seem to have already given up. Chin up mate.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Its odd whats happening at the moment. There definitely seems to be a crisis of confidence throughout the team. I'm not entirely sure why Pardew started with Teddy and Zammo today, they've proved time and time again that they don't really work together. The defence concerns me somewhat. Last year, while we did well, we conceeded a fair few goals. Birmingham conceeded 5 less than us and were relegated. I'm hoping that when McCartney and Paintsil are fit that the defence will start to look more organised but at the moment its a serious worry.

I honestly don't know where our next goal is coming from and unless we stop conceeding them at such an alarming rate we're in for a long season. The upcoming fixtures do not look good either! Oh well hopefully they'll surprise us with a big win over spuds next week. Here's hoping!

Hard to find much cause for optimism at the moment though isn't it..
DJ Marls

Post by DJ Marls »

Don't ever start Zamora and Sheringham again Pards

Harewood should have started today along side Teddy
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

DJ Marls wrote:Don't ever start Zamora and Sheringham again Pards

Harewood should have started today along side Teddy
agreed, zamora and teddy doesnt work
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

THE GIBBINS wrote: agreed, zamora and teddy doesnt work
a- fukn men to that.... I think we lost the reading game when plan b was bobby and teddy--not in a ****ing millionyears ...if we can see that...well.... you get my drift.

im pleased in a way that all you lot that went there today doidnt see a goal

that means the trip to spud next week is going to reward my/our **** september!
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

was pleased to see Teddy start and thought he did well first half, but too many lay offs went astray 2nd half, however as many have said, he & Zamora doesn't work. Should have played Teddy & Marlon.
Jud

Post by Jud »

simon hammer wrote: 17th...but Sheff Utd and Charlton have a game in hand over us, and both can overtake us.
18th according to the beeb.
se28 hammer

Post by se28 hammer »

Any pics/clips?
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Larry wrote:and have you seen who we play next - if we were losing but playing well and scoring goals you would have reason to feel positive. But the fact we have now gone 900 minutes with out scoring a goal have rarly looked like scoring and played poorly is extreamly worrying..
No Larry, it's 540 minutes.

I really don't think it will take much to turn it all around. One goal could be the catalyst and certainly if we get the first goal against Spuds then I think you will see the confidence flow through the players. That's all it needed in the last few games, getting the first goal.

As NRC said after the game, they are a very young squad with little or no experience of the Premiership, but they are very much united as a team. With the likes of Sherringham and Dailly's experience, we WILL get through this and it will make them much stronger players.

Have faith!
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

We need a goal like the one Chelsea got today. A little luck ...
irisiris

Post by irisiris »

York Ham(mer) wrote:We need a goal like the one Chelsea got today. A little luck ...
How about Spurs' "goal" vs Villa !??!

Were there any Spurs players in the box ?
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

A New Hope wrote:Stop trying to be a "good fan", we are in the sh*t.

Pardew must go if we don't score today.
Surely you and everyone else against the takeover must be pleased now, West Ham carrying on their traditions of one good season followed by potentially a terrible one?
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Dejected isn't a stong enough for how i felt after that game.
I really am truly worried. Praying for an Ashton recovery. Our season is dependent on him now.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

irisiris wrote: How about Spurs' "goal" vs Villa !??!

Were there any Spurs players in the box ?
That one too! :lol:
BMLGirl
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by BMLGirl »

simon hammer wrote: Simple really...as partnerships go Mullins and NRC works, NRC and Mascherano doesn't.
And the reason it doesn't work is because NRC won't let it. Jumped up, over paid, over hyped, flatters to deceive etc. etc. that's NRC.

We are being found out this season - too many of our players are just not good enough for the prem. We got away with it last season as we were something of an unknown quantity - but not this season. We need players of the quality of Tevez and Mascherano to just compete in this league, but they can't do it alone, and our captain sulking and refusing the play alongside them helps nobody.