Tottenham 1 West Ham United 0 (22/10/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by k-r-c »

dornanhale wrote: Did these two add anything at least? I'm assuming Green looks a bit better than carroll?

Yes though Green loked assured, and came out and caught a few croses which perhaps Carroll wouldnt of.

I also thought his distribution of the ball was excellent.

Johnny Pants showed some good touches/runs etc, but he preoberbly isnt fully fit, and it did make a difference having him back i think.
coalman
Location: Barney's Bowlarama The Barclays Premiership Of Bowling
Total likes: 1 like

Post by coalman »

I would say we missed etherington and mears.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

coalman wrote:I would say we missed etherington and mears.
We've been missing Matthew Etherington since last May ...
antony
Tory boy
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by antony »

westhamnil wrote:Sorry chaps,don't wish to seem illiterate but what a shower of sh*t THFC1882 talks. Sure Spurs deserved their win but only just. We defended ok today, battled in midfield (with the exception of Reo Coker) but we could have stayed out there for another 90 mins and not scored.

Final ball was shocking, and , much as I like the geezer, Zamora was poor as well. Marlon gave a performance more akin to last season but I want to see Tevez played up top on the shoulder of the last defender to see if he can work his skills in more dangerous positions.
Don't worry about it mate. Im all for a bit of friendly banter and discussion with fans of rival teams but for someone to come on here with the sole purpose of slagging us off after his/her team beating us strikes me as extremely sad. Maybe THFC1882 should take some lessons on her to behave appropriately from some of the fans of other clubs that come on here and behave exemplorary
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Up the Junction wrote: We've been missing Matthew Etherington since last May ...
agreed seriously struggling with his fitness once again today the goal killed us we were more than matching them and the stats showed we 63% possesion in the first half!!!! severe lack of creativity in the final third (again)

Loads of energy but goal goes in (great goal as well I have to admit that!) and we fall to pieces but I wasnt impressed with Spurs either and im not just saying that! Someone said on here Spurs top 6 even top 4 :shock:

You ****ing deluded! :lol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

THFC1882 wrote:We'll certainly be top 6 and the way Liverpool are going, possibly top 4.
That's some claim, even by your standards (by which I mean Spurs fans in general).

Care to take a little wager? £100 to the Bobby Moore Fund says otherwise ...
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Up the Junction wrote: That's some claim, even by your standards (by which I mean Spurs fans in general).

i will have some of that put me down for a bobby moore as well.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Up the Junction wrote: That's some claim, even by your standards (by which I mean Spurs fans in general).

Nice idea, but I'm guessing that THFC will fade away now until our next battle with them.
THFC1882

Post by THFC1882 »

antony wrote: Don't worry about it mate. Im all for a bit of friendly banter and discussion with fans of rival teams but for someone to come on here with the sole purpose of slagging us off after his/her team beating us strikes me as extremely sad. Maybe THFC1882 should take some lessons on her to behave appropriately from some of the fans of other clubs that come on here and behave exemplorary
Maybe they're all too diplomatic and too wishy washy to give you their honest opinion?.
THFC1882

Post by THFC1882 »

To finish top 6?. I'll happily double that amount. We're far better than last year, whether one of the mainstay top 4 slip up enough to let us into the top 4 (best chance looking like Liverpool, at the moment) is another matter but it's possible.
westhamnil

Post by westhamnil »

On today's evidence you won't even finish above Bolton.

<mod edit - can we please knock the insults on the head>
Barking Iron
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

THFC1882 wrote: To finish top 6?. I'll happily double that amount. We're far better than last year, whether one of the mainstay top 4 slip up enough to let us into the top 4 (best chance looking like Liverpool, at the moment) is another matter but it's possible.
core ****ing hell 1 win over a team that couldnt score in a brothel and now you think you are going to finish in the top 6 core ****ing hell all you spuds are the same :lol:
antony
Tory boy
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by antony »

THFC1882 wrote: Maybe they're all too diplomatic and too wishy washy to give you their honest opinion?.
They give honest opinions but they conduct themselves with dignity and not arrogance
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

BARKING IRON wrote: core f*cking hell 1 win over a team that couldnt score in a brothel and now you think you are going to finish in the top 6 core f*cking hell all you spuds are the same :lol:

Trouble is, one things fairly certain. They're gonna finish above us.
:twisted:
THFC1882

Post by THFC1882 »

BARKING IRON wrote: core f*cking hell 1 win over a team that couldnt score in a brothel and now you think you are going to finish in the top 6 core f*cking hell all you spuds are the same :lol:
After a midweek game in Europe and without at 3 of our better players this season?. What were your lads doing Thursday?. Cos we didn't look like the tired team at any point, did we?. Oh and it's 1 defeat in 8 games, thanks. :D
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Dailly fot Harewood = Pardew is clueless.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

THFC1882 wrote:To finish top 6?. I'll happily double that amount.
One hundred of your finest English pounds will be enough, I think. Though if you want to go for top four, feel free ...
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

West Ham Matt wrote:Dailly fot Harewood = Pardew is clueless.
Matt

Could you do better??
Just wondering like
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

West Ham Matt wrote:Dailly fot Harewood = Pardew is clueless.
The same Dailly who had a header cleared off the line in the last minute or two?

Right you are Matt ...
westhamnil

Post by westhamnil »

I refuse to be sorry for insulting him when we've just lost to our most hated rivals and there's some smug tosser on here gloating and generally being delusional about what a great side the scum are.