LC3: Chesterfield 2 West Ham United 1 (24/10/06) LC2

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

The most worrying thing tonight was we were outplayed....not just a shock win...but they deserved it. we were humiliated...
Jayluck

Post by Jayluck »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:The most worrying thing tonight was we were outplayed....not just a shock win...but they deserved it. we were humiliated...
Unfortunately you have summed it up exactly.

Where do we go from here? :(
Claretandblueyank
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Claretandblueyank »

A New Hope wrote:Didn't see the game, but FWIW here are my ratings.

Green - 9 - Top class.

Paintsil - 3 - Poor.
Ferdinand - 8 - Better than Dawson.
Gabbidon - 3 - The curse strikes again, everyone falls to it, EVERYONE.
McCartney - 9 - Top class display. MOTM

Reo-Coker - 5 - Good, better than Sunday.
Dailly - 9 - Excellent.
Mullins - 5 - The Enforcer got a bit enforced.
Reid - 8 - As good as Giggs was at 18 IMHO.

Harewood - 9 - Excellent.
Zamora - 1 - Useless.

What an utter waste of a post. You did not see the bloody game. Shut it.

SUBS:
Teddy - 0 - No suprise we lost when he came on.
Ethers - 4 - We lost because he's not that good.
Konchesky - 5 - Poo.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Jayluck wrote: Unfortunately you have summed it up exactly.

sticking with Pardew...getting behind him and the team at the next match....All its going to take is 1 win....and I'm positive we can build from that and confidence will be high again.

One thing we can say is it wasnt a full squad...though it was still better than Chesterfield's.

There is so much pressure on the team and Pards now its worrying to how they will handle it. But im confident they'll sort this mess out. 2 seasons ago we looked to be down and out in 7th in the championship...then later we were at Cardiff for an FA Cup final...In Pards We Trust
stockwell pete
Yellow card - flaming

Post by stockwell pete »

Jayluck wrote: Unfortunately you have summed it up exactly.

The thing that surprised me tonight was that Pards seemed to underestimate the footballing ability of a side like Chesterfield. I have watched three or four League One games this season, including a fantastic match between Port Vale and Doncaster, and the teams all try and pass the ball to feet and try to play progressive football. They don't just boot it up the front and fight for it (like we do :oops: ).

And yet we played no passers in midfield . . . and in central midfield we had two stoppers. :shock: Then, as the game progressed, both back lines were playing fairly deep which meant there was a great deal of space in midfield to pass the ball around. Chesterfield did this much better than us and deservedly won the game as a result.

I don't know who is injured at the moment for us in midfield (apart from Bowyer) but surely Yossi, Mascherano, Tevez and Matty would have had too much skill even for an honest, hardworking team like Chesterfield.

So, for me, the answer to the question . . . where do we go from here? . . . is, select midfield players who can actually pass the ball to a team mate fairly consistently . . . and if that means recalling Mark Noble early, then so be it. :wink:
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Just got back from the pub so excuse the spelling.
What a shower of *****.
Watched the match with an old skool Iron mate (we have over 60 years of suffering between us) and the feeling was:
1) we've been here before
2) what the f*** is wrong with the players?

Losing in a cup game to dogshite opposition is almost a tradition but looking like we don't care ****'s me off more than any of the players will ever know.
Reo coker must be dropped. in fact, i'll not list the players who are not worthy of wearing the shirt because it will make me to angry to post...
If we had played Green, Dailly and 9 pissed up blokes blokes from the away end, we wouldn't have done much worse.

I never thought i'd see the day when I'd call for Dailly for captain but that day has come. The bloke may not be the best footballer in the world but at least he is up for it. A real pro.

What is this long ball, hoof and hope b*llocks? We were playing CHESTERFIELD FFS! They out-classed us. THEY OUT ****ing CLASSED US.
They managed to pass to their OWN players and get some movement going. We did f*** all.
Blackburn will murder us unless this match is a turning point like Reading away 2 years ago.

Positives:

We scored
Green
Dailly
It can't get any worse
No more League cup games to distract us
That's it.

Negatives:
everything else

Apologies for the beer-induced rant.

We're gonna beat Blackburn 4-2

IRONS!
Jayluck

Post by Jayluck »

Toulouse_Iron wrote:Just got back from the pub so excuse the spelling.
What a shower of *****.
Watched the match with an old skool Iron mate (we have over 60 years of suffering between us) and the feeling was:
1) we've been here before
2) what the f*ck is wrong with the players?

Losing in a cup game to dogshite opposition is almost a tradition but looking like we don't care ****'s me off more than any of the players will ever know.
Reo coker must be dropped. in fact, i'll not list the players who are not worthy of wearing the shirt because it will make me to angry to post...
If we had played Green, Dailly and 9 pissed up blokes blokes from the away end, we wouldn't have done much worse.

I never thought i'd see the day when I'd call for Dailly for captain but that day has come. The bloke may not be the best footballer in the world but at least he is up for it. A real pro.

What is this long ball, hoof and hope b*llocks? We were playing CHESTERFIELD FFS! They out-classed us. THEY OUT f*cking CLASSED US.
They managed to pass to their OWN players and get some movement going. We did f*ck all.
Blackburn will murder us unless this match is a turning point like Reading away 2 years ago.

Positives:

We scored
Green
Dailly
It can't get any worse
No more League cup games to distract us
That's it.

Negatives:
everything else

Apologies for the beer-induced rant.

We're gonna beat Blackburn 4-2

IRONS!
Apart from the bit bit about Dailly ( I thought he was worse than *****) I can't disagree with you.

Bring back the passion of Dicks. Now there was a man who knew what it ment. :lol:
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Today i lost my temper in the pub because it just felt like my team was giving up on me. That performance cut me deep. Im going to go Blackburn with hope but the bottom line is that we are a very bad football team at the moment. I was totally embarrassed and slightly disgusted with what i saw.
HammerDon

Post by HammerDon »

just back. we played ****, they were good, our support was poor
:(
Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

I suspect my thoughts on the game will hae already been stated earlier in this thread but I need to put them down as some sort of therapy b*llocks.

No spirit, no determination, no technique. Nothing. I was almost glad that we lost in the end, so that another poor performance couldn't be disguised behind a positive result. I didn't hear Pardews interview after the game but I would hope to read that he admitted to not getting his team motivated enough to end a run of poor performances and defeats against a vastly inferior opposition.

Why were we made to look a bunch of c**** tonight by a league one team? There is no excuse. We fielded a strong team. We had the added incentive of a poor league position to make up for, and a poor run of performances/results.

Ultimately, well done to Chesterfield for capitalising on West Hams poor display.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Lufbra Iron wrote:I suspect my thoughts on the game will hae already been stated earlier in this thread but I need to put them down as some sort of therapy b*llocks.

No spirit, no determination, no technique. Nothing. I was almost glad that we lost in the end, so that another poor performance couldn't be disguised behind a positive result. I didn't hear Pardews interview after the game but I would hope to read that he admitted to not getting his team motivated enough to end a run of poor performances and defeats against a vastly inferior opposition.

Why were we made to look a bunch of c**** tonight by a league one team? There is no excuse. We fielded a strong team. We had the added incentive of a poor league position to make up for, and a poor run of performances/results.

Ultimately, well done to Chesterfield for capitalising on West Hams poor display.
Not to mention the fact that SKY were having a field day. :evil:
Jerh

Re: Chesterfield v West Ham match thread

Post by Jerh »

Looks like I picked a bad day to give up drinkin' !!!
Cake

Re: Chesterfield v West Ham match thread

Post by Cake »

Jerh wrote:Looks like I picked a bad day to give up drinkin' !!!
Funny you should mention that, I was saying the same about my glue sniffing habit... :wink:
Essex_Exile
No one likes us

Post by Essex_Exile »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:I think I'm going to cry.

That was awful. They deserved it.

Where do we go from here?
Is it down to the lake, I fear?
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Can Brown refuse to pay them or what. I wouldnt give them another cent until they learn how to play football. God someone learn how to pass a ball. NRC should be shot out of a cannon aimed at Old Trafford. Leave the spastic there.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Awful, abysmul, embaressing, inept......

Too p*ssed off to think of anything else !!!

Shambolic, there's another one !!!
Relocated Hammer
No.1
Location: Manchester. Where they speak funny, look funny, dress funny and call lunch 'Dinner' - Weird

Post by Relocated Hammer »

Relocated Hammer wrote:Just got back, somebody please tell me that looked better on telly....
didn't even wanna speak last night...

Iv'e seen some ***** watching West Ham, seen us lose by 4, 5,6,7 goals on our travels but last night was one of the worst I have ever experienced...
Everything about it was cack, no fight, no heart, no support (which is worrying), no positives whatsoever....

this was definately up there with the St Valentines Day massacre :cry:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

I just sacked someone & made her cry !!

I will now have to apologise...

****ing Idiot !!!

Coincidental ????

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SAS

Post by SAS »

Heads were down all through the game. Only Chesterfields players were smiling (and even before they equalised).

Confidence is at an all time low. There seems to be a complete lack of spark, zest, esprit or whatever else you want to call it. Whilst Z-man did have a couple of chances, some will always be missed and there just were not enough chances.

The amount of corners Chesterfield had compared to us spoke volumes.

Our midfield seemed non-existent. Our passing, apart from brief glimpses, was long and inaccurate and straight back down our throats came Chesterfield.

Pards did so well with the team last year. It is utterly amazing how far the team spirit has fallen. For all his team talks and psycho stuff, there are few positives. I am not calling for his head as I cannot believe it is his fault, yet, but where they go from here is a mystery.

Oh, one other point. Bowyer. Is he some sort of Jonah? We shat out big time last time he came, doing so again. Our workhorse midfield were doing it, then he popped up and it stopped doing it. Upset the balance? This was before the Argies came as well.
SAS

Post by SAS »

A further point....I know Bowyer wasn't playing last night, but the rot has set in. Confidence shattered before the trip North.