West Ham United 2 Blackburn Rovers 1 (29/10/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammerted
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Hammerted »

ozz wrote: Lots of reasons really. I go near enough every week, but I have just paid for Rotterdam away £130, Chelsea in the League Cup, two home games in UEFA cup, Liverpool away, transport to London and esp West Ham which is a nightmare to get in and out of quickly on public transport esp on a Sunday, live on TV, etc.

Plus it was a 99% certainty we would lose...

As most regular Hammers fans know, we normally put more out than in London than we did today.
Now explain why you can only fill 75% of your own ground and what is the reason for the mass exodus out of Ewood 20 mins from full time? Bingo and shove ha'penny at the Labour Club? :wink:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

ozz wrote: Rovers missed today...
Nonda, Pedersen, Savage, Reid, Emerton, Nelsen and Roberts has broken a metatarsil, as I guessed he had as soon as I saw him holding his foot and crying like a girl.

We did miss Sav big time today, loathe him or dispise him he makes things happen for you.
you really did misss savage and pederson today....phew!

I must apologise to roberts--telling him to get up and get on with it---it seemed like a nothing challenge, but alot of those metawotsits do dont they..

very edgy performance, spector MOTM for me..

fuk me life seems better after 3 poinst don it

oh, and 8 losses on the trot, 33K fans for a sunday game on TV?!?! awesome- well done all of us for turning up and doing what we do best..

IIIRRROONNS!!!!
ozz

Post by ozz »

Hammerted wrote: Now explain why you can only fill 75% of your own ground and what is the reason for the mass exodus out of Ewood 20 mins from full time? Bingo and shove ha'penny at the Labour Club? :wink:
If you mean the obvious sight of people walking along the front of the Riverside stand with FIVE minutes to go, then it's really just the fact that the quickest exit from that stand is at the Blackburn End side of the ground, and the people you see are the same amount leaving early as at any other ground.

The sheeite attendances we get is a much moe complicated issue, involving ticket prices, TV coverage, poor quality of football, northern tight-wadiness, and sveral other factors. May I suggest you read all 83 pages of this thread for more details...

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showtopic=12413

We are only a little crappy Lancashire club, punching well above our weight, and we bow humbly to our big city betters who command the media and publics attention far more worthily than we do. Still, we do alright though.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

ozz wrote: If you mean the obvious sight of people walking along the front of the Riverside stand with FIVE minutes to go, then it's really just the fact that the quickest exit from that stand is at the Blackburn End side of the ground, and the people you see are the same amount leaving early as at any other ground.

The sheeite attendances we get is a much moe complicated issue, involving ticket prices, TV coverage, poor quality of football, northern tight-wadiness, and sveral other factors. May I suggest you read all 83 pages of this thread for more details...

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showtopic=12413

We are only a little crappy Lancashire club, punching well above our weight, and we bow humbly to our big city betters who command the media and publics attention far more worthily than we do. Still, we do alright though.
Mark Hughes does seem to be doing well with what he has though. You certainly are holding your own in Europe (less said about that in these parts, the better) and you are always consisently safe in the league.

And let's be honest, it was such a happy memory for all of us when Rovers won the league title that time so I've nothing against them. :wink:
simian major
Location: "Houston, we have a problem" .... "the Simian has landed"

Post by simian major »

There were definite signs of the West Ham of last year today....at least from what I saw on the box.

Crowd was awesome......noisy, passionate and a packed house! (Incredible when you see the comparison with the vast acres of empty space on the Serie A game on after between Sampdoria and Cagliari)...they were my MOTM.

Green - very composed and as others have said really seems to position himself well.
Liked the running, tackling and general play of Spector and McCartney....though they both delivered some poor crosses. They also looked very comfortable on the ball, as did Anton and Gabbs.

Mullins played well, Reo-Coker better than I have seen this year. Yossi still looks out of sorts, and Etherington is an anathema....some nice balls in along the ground, willingness to push and run, but no delivery on the end. It was also him who left Kisv$%^#%#^%# to a free header....so much more to give and needed to be honest.

Zamora is at the same point as Matty...some nice details, including his work leading up to Yossi's cross for the 1st goal...but some woeful touches and that 1-on-1.....oh dear! He is also becoming one of the biggest maoning-minnie's in the whole damn game...I for one wish he would cut that out completely.

Teddy did well for the goal...but most of his touches went astray and to be honest not because he was on a different (higher) wavelength, more like poor decisions.

Marlon looked hard done by with some of those foul calls when he came on... and in terms of commitment to the club - loved the look he gave one of the DNB's when warming up and the ball came to him.

Final comment....anyone know what was up with the dark wristbands today...they seemed to have writing or something on them? Another Moore than a T-shirt thing or something else?

Roll on the Arse next weekend.
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

The Collector wrote: Ah hah! Gotcha! You are copying Lawro, that's where you get your prediction success from!
Nope not at all, but hardly a success was it, :oops:
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Just got home...still buzzing. :raver:
East london sid
Horses for courses

Post by East london sid »

bluebutterfly wrote: Nope not at all, but hardly a success was it, :oops:
I was well happy when they got there goal got some funny looks but up £80 so get in there
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Im happy as a sand boy!! GET IN :aveit:
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Just home.........beers and curry en route..........am still in a dream!

Loving it loving it loving it!

Had a lovely chat with Russell Brand too and got a pic of him chained up! (for all of 2 minutes!)

What an atmosphere..........congratulations to all.

Now reliving it all courtesy of Sky+ and more beers!

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa! :lol:
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

upton girlie wrote:Just home.........beers and curry en route..........am still in a dream!

Loving it loving it loving it!

Had a lovely chat with Russell Brand too and got a pic of him chained up! (for all of 2 minutes!)
What an atmosphere..........congratulations to all.

Now reliving it all courtesy of Sky+ and more beers!

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa! :lol:
A fantasy perhaps :lol:

Did you see Stevo too
upton girlie

Post by upton girlie »

bluebutterfly wrote: A fantasy perhaps :lol:

Did you see Stevo too
Definitely not a fantasy of mine!!!! Yours???!!!
Like my men more masculine!

Got a pic of Stevo with RB on my mobile....trying to download but alcoholic interference affecting my signal! :pissed:
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

upton girlie wrote: Definitely not a fantasy of mine!!!! Yours???!!!
Like my men more masculine!

Got a pic of Stevo with RB on my mobile....trying to download but alcoholic interference affecting my signal! :pissed:
Does absolutely nothing for me.

Hes got too much hair and nah i just don't like him

A new one,

Sorry my phone is ****ed due to being pissed :lol:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thought we just about deserved it.

Mullins was MOTM for me.

Alan Pardew's Claret and Blue Army!
evomutant
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by evomutant »

ozz wrote:[

Bollox excuse, we have had to put up with that just the same. Today for example -no win in eight, live on sky, on a sunday, the ticket office :roll: , and we were still there to support our team.

ALAN PARDEWS CLARET AND BLUE ARMY
ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo »

simian major wrote:There were definite signs of the West Ham of last year today....at least from what I saw on the box.

Crowd was awesome......noisy, passionate and a packed house! (Incredible when you see the comparison with the vast acres of empty space on the Serie A game on after between Sampdoria and Cagliari)...they were my MOTM.

Green - very composed and as others have said really seems to position himself well.
Liked the running, tackling and general play of Spector and McCartney....though they both delivered some poor crosses. They also looked very comfortable on the ball, as did Anton and Gabbs.

Mullins played well, Reo-Coker better than I have seen this year. Yossi still looks out of sorts, and Etherington is an anathema....some nice balls in along the ground, willingness to push and run, but no delivery on the end. It was also him who left Kisv$%^#%#^%# to a free header....so much more to give and needed to be honest.

Zamora is at the same point as Matty...some nice details, including his work leading up to Yossi's cross for the 1st goal...but some woeful touches and that 1-on-1.....oh dear! He is also becoming one of the biggest maoning-minnie's in the whole damn game...I for one wish he would cut that out completely.

Teddy did well for the goal...but most of his touches went astray and to be honest not because he was on a different (higher) wavelength, more like poor decisions.

Marlon looked hard done by with some of those foul calls when he came on... and in terms of commitment to the club - loved the look he gave one of the DNB's when warming up and the ball came to him.

Final comment....anyone know what was up with the dark wristbands today...they seemed to have writing or something on them? Another Moore than a T-shirt thing or something else?

Roll on the Arse next weekend.
The wristbands had 'Kick Racism out of Football' written on them.

What a relief, 3 vital points and out of the relegation zone. A deserved win. However, Blackburn were short on players today and still manged to get more shots on target than us. Agree with the poster earlier who said we are still having problems with some of our technical and tactical ability, relying very much on Yossi and Teddy for example.
Still, many players had good or better performances today, really hope this performance can be the catalyst. The test will be next week when we face a very good Arsenal team.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

The support was magnificent. Great atmosphere.

My Ratings:

Green 8

McCartney 7 (Dailly 6)
Gabbidon 7
Ferdinand 7
Spector 8

Etherington 7
Reo-Coker 7
Mullins 9 (MOTM)
Benayoun 7 (Bowyer 6)

Sheringham 8 (Harewood 6)
Zamora 6

UTJ did you watch MOTD2 just now? They highlighted exactly what Sheringham brought to our play today. His movement off the ball was first class.
upton girlie

Post by upton girlie »

bluebutterfly wrote: Does absolutely nothing for me.

Hes got too much hair and nah i just don't like him

A new one,

Sorry my phone is f*cked due to being pissed :lol:
HeeHeeHee!

Here's the pic of the boys...........

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5346/r ... andph5.jpg
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 756 likes
Total likes: 3489 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:UTJ did you watch MOTD2 just now? They highlighted exactly what Sheringham brought to our play today. His movement off the ball was first class.
I did. They said he ran backwards a lot and scored a great goal.

Which is pretty much how I saw it too ...
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Up the Junction wrote: I did. They said he ran backwards a lot and scored a great goal.

Which is pretty much how I saw it too ...
:lol:

Not creating space for others with good runs and clever touches that started moves then? :wink: