West Ham United 1 Arsenal 0 (05/11/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

steward205

aresenal

Post by steward205 »

Viking_Hammer wrote: Very harsh and basically wrong, he was very good today, maybe not 10 good but very good. The midfield looked very solid and basically made Fabregas look an average player.

I seriously don´t know how you can say he was a joke today, Steward no_no
Still maintain he is no way playing to full potential. Anyaway we won and this will kick start our season but I thik the CORNER FLAG has a major say in the build up to our goal.From the misplaced pass to Konch he feeds matty and the rest is history.Our luck has definitely changed :aveit: :aveit: :aveit:
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

i thought Zamora was immense today.

:worthy:
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

I would like to thank Arsenal for being a set of cheating, bilious c**** who are utterly unable to lose with any dignity. If they had taken the defeat with some grace then it wouldn't have been half as much fun.

It is amazing what we can achieve when everyone is on their game and working for each other. I'd go as far as to say that today was as good a victory as we have had under Pardew. We matched one of the top three sides in the country all the way today and gave as good as we got.

I'm off now to watch MOTD 2, and possibly bang one out afterwards.
resus

Post by resus »

alf git wrote:i thought Zamora was immense today.

:worthy:
agreed. :wink:
Richard Cranium

Post by Richard Cranium »

EvilC wrote:I would like to thank Arsenal for being a set of cheating, bilious c**** who are utterly unable to lose with any dignity. If they had taken the defeat with some grace then it wouldn't have been half as much fun.
HEAR HEAR! :D

Cannot wait for work tomorrow - so many gooners been giving it the beak. Winding them up will be so much sweeter than a bog standard 1 nil win. Thank you Wenger, Henry and Fabregas you odious little two bob sore loser piss ants!
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

well me and my dad are the only hammers in our whole family, the rest are arsenal. I feel really sorry for them and felt very guilty in taking 3 points.

Guilty my arse! PARTY AT THE GIBBINS's !!!!!! :aveit:
westhamnil

Post by westhamnil »

Take that you kebab eating, no dignity, 2 bob c****. North London, I **** 'em. Dogshit bastards.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Should be on MOTD 2 in about 2 minutes.

:aveit:
Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

Bowyer should be criticised more for his dive.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Just got home.
I loved it when we scored that it wasnt just about the goal scorer; Konchesky and i think Etherington just ran too each other first. The whole team was completely over the moon and it made the goal even more special to see how happy the players are.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Lee Dixon on MOTD 2 is now banging on about penalties that weren't given, etc.

T0sser
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Los Martillos wrote:Lee Dixon on MOTD 2 is now banging on about penalties that weren't given, etc.

T0sser
he really hates us, slagged us off when we beat city in the cup last year as well
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

going to college shall be fun, a few gooners in there slating west ham last friday :lol:
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

I shall be parading into my university lecture tommorrow deliberately 2 minutes late so that everyone can see my claret and blue.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

What a great day!

Brilliant performance from the whole team and we really deserved to win today. It went mental when we scored! What a fantastic result.

Arsenal have got to be the worst losers in the world. Pardew had ever right to celebrate like he did and Wenger was a **** for refusing to shake his hand at the final whistle. Sour grapes anyone?

The players and Pardew deserve all the praise. Pardew got his tactics spot on today and every single player on the pitch today for us put in 100% effort.

My Ratings:

Green 8

Konchesky 7
Gabbidon 10 (MOTM)
Ferdinand 7 (McCartney 7)
Spector 8

Etherington 8
Reo-Coker 8
Bowyer 7 (Sheringham 7)
Mullins 8
Benayoun 7

Zamora 9 (Harewood 9)

Fantastic. :)
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 829 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Today I think Pardew got it tactically spot on.

I'm not a fan of 4-5-1 but Zamora was incredibly good today in both holding the ball up and in tackling back to help out the midfield.

The 4-5-1 formation was held just long enough to frustrate Arsenal before Marlene and Teddy were unleashed to really test the Arsenal team.

I would have gladly taken a draw today and three points were well beyond my expectations.

Hats off to Pardew he got it tactically right today and the team played superbly.

ONE ALAN PARDEW! THERE'S ONLY ONE ALAN PARDEW!
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

im taking praise for the victory, i started the thread and spreaded the optimism :lol:

power to the people!
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

Los Martillos wrote:Lee Dixon on MOTD 2 is now banging on about penalties that weren't given, etc.

T0sser
lovin the fact they wanted a pen given because the ref couldn't have seen it properly - despite the player getting the ball...

erm...
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

neilbob wrote: lovin the fact they wanted a pen given because the ref couldn't have seen it properly - despite the player getting the ball...

erm...
:lol:

Thought exactly the same thing.

"From where the ref was he has to give that as it looks like a penalty. Lets show it again and you can see Spector gets something on the ball but the ref could never of seen that so it is stonewall penalty."