West Ham United 0 Manchester City 1 (30/12/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

westhamkev

Post by westhamkev »

just saying what i saw, tevez not playing was a major influence on the fans today.as a fan you want to see the best players out there on the pitch not running up and down the touchline.we need all the help we can get at the moment, we could and should have won today city were poor at best today and i'm afraid we were even worse no passion, no flair no nothing thats why people want tevez cause he brings the crowd to life. was like a libray today.
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

most of the players let us down again. curbs isn't making a difference and I am wondering why I bother

I don't mind losing.......but I do mind paying good money to watch *****

people say they don't want to get relegated and watch championship football.......in place of what ? that ****ing awful crap ?

can't see the difference myself......and no I haven't got a short memory.......most games this season have been poor and not worth the entrance fee
Bishops Finger

Post by Bishops Finger »

We were crap today and I think we are well and truly f*cked!

I was thinking it would be unfair to pick out any one individual player for criticism but then I thought why not!

Sheringham was useless the only thing I can remember him doing is grabbing the two free kicks and ballsing them up.

Mullins was crap and may as well have not been there, his so-called passing was abysmal - either misplaced, miskicked or loopy so they could be intercepted.

Benayoun and Bowyer were hopeless.

Harewood bustled about but offered no threat.

The only thing I can remember Cole doing is sliding about twenty feet on his arse when the rain was at it's heaviest - enough said!

Tevez - I just can't see what the fuss has been about him - he bustles about but doesn't do anything!

Etherington again, he bustled about with no threat!

Dailly tried but that's about all you can say - his legs are gone!

Gabbidon, Ferdinand and Spector were ok - that's about it!

..and Green - all I can remember him doing is picking the ball out of the net.

I heard Alan Pardew on the radio on the way home talking about how it is a pleasure to work with a united dressing room at Charlton where they have players who were not fighting amongst themselves, which implied to me that he had left behind a West Ham dressing room that is riven with splits and is disunited and fighting amongst themseleves.

That'll do for now!
Dicksie's Right Boot

Post by Dicksie's Right Boot »

Noble!!! He can't do any worse than this shambles. Get him in!!!
YeTi

Post by YeTi »

watching sheff utd tonight shows exactly what we need - a bit of bottle! to be able to dig in & scrap for it.

Looking at out current crop i really cant see that happening. probably got more important things on their minds like where their going tonight for a drink.
Claire
Mother

Post by Claire »

Dicksie's Right Boot wrote:Noble!!! He can't do any worse than this shambles. Get him in!!!
One player - be it Noble, Tevez or Deano - is not the answer. Let's have a good clean-out in the transfer window and hope that we can attract some different players to our struggling side.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Claire wrote: One player - be it Noble, Tevez or Deano - is not the answer. Let's have a good clean-out in the transfer window and hope that we can attract some different players to our struggling side.
thats right i think we have too many players who are in how shall we say a "comfort zone" where if we go down they can just move on to another premiership club there are players out there today who couldnt give one.
Dicksie's Right Boot

Post by Dicksie's Right Boot »

Claire wrote: One player - be it Noble, Tevez or Deano - is not the answer. Let's have a good clean-out in the transfer window and hope that we can attract some different players to our struggling side.
Good point but all three names you mention would be a big help!! Two of them were available today but were not picked to play!!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

YeTi wrote:watching sheff utd tonight shows exactly what we need - a bit of bottle! to be able to dig in & scrap for it.

Looking at out current crop i really cant see that happening. probably got more important things on their minds like where their going tonight for a drink.
Thats the problem, last year we was hunger and showed it, we played with passion and pride, we chased every ball.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1593 likes
Total likes: 1644 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Tevez, Masch, Noble all in for next game please

and no more excuses from Curbs that he hasnt had time to see the players in training

watch youtube videos like the rest of us, there are thousands of Tevez proving why he is one of the best young strikers in the world.

If we go down, other clubs will laugh at us. For we had two world class players and our managers are not qualified to know how to use them. I really think we could all pick a mroe succesful team than west hams recent managers.

Its early to say this but Curbs is not a step forward from pards, infact i think Pards had more ambition than AC.

If egg wants to make the team a success, he needs to try his hardest to bring in £30m worth of class players in january, because Koumas and Viduka will just help the boat sink faster. In the mood im in now, i wouldnt give a **** if curbs was sacked tomorrow and Sven put in charge.

rant over
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 247 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Couldn't be arsed to go today.....looks like I made a good choice.

Bar Arse and ManUre we have been playing like this all season no surprise to me if we went down again - hey ho I quite enjoyed the Fizzy Pop league and you could get a drink in the Wake or the Earl without the hunters
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Not the best game I've ever been to but by no means the worst either and given the conditions it was hardly going to be a classic. Citeh barely troubled our goal all game and it really should have been the third clean sheet out of four games, instead we got mugged - it happens.

Once again when we need a little bit of luck we got none, and that's all it needs to build the confidence again.

Curbs has had 4 games in 13 days, 5 in 15 days after Reading. He's had little or no chance to make his mark on the style of play, and had no opportunity to pick the best possible team. Give him a break FFS, he's not a miracle worker. I think Curbs is as frustrated as we all are, quite a few times in the second half he threw his hands up in despair - I know the feeling Al!

For those interested, Macca cried in sick this morning, Gabbers picked up an injury in the first half, hence why Noble didn't get on in the end and he wanted the experience of Sherringham up front, and given he scored against Pompey it was justified. Harewood over Tevez - tough to work out except to say Teddy prefers to play just behind the front man and so does Tevez.

My one criticism on another day of disappointment, Mullins put in one of the worst displays I have ever seen - I'm not even sure he completed a pass to one of our players today? The fact Mascherano didn't make the bench must mean that he's off in a few days, and strangely I'm thinking that about Zamora too :think:
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Awful result.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

hammer wrote: :lol: you're embarrasing yourself :lol:
Hugely embaressing himself !!
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

I need a break from this club they are starting to make me miserable. The players are **** and dont try and we just play long ball. Etheringtonj is always allowed to start despite performance and Curbs looks clueless. Afte Reading I am taking a break
Fat Kat

Post by Fat Kat »

Hi Bobby, Hope you had a nice Christmas
zamora whoa
Yellow card - abuse

Post by zamora whoa »

went to the game yesterday, what a load of ****, the team havn't got a clue, the manager hasn't got a clue, the supporters are all pissed off, the football is sunday league standard, and it took me 4 and a half hours to get home to kent, and worst of all i have a season ticket, happy new year everyone, roll on the end of the season i can't stand watching this **** anymore, i need a holiday :(
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

PaulTheHammer wrote:I spoke to Cockney Hammer after the game and told him, I didn't feel angry anymore, I felt numb and empty.

I watched that goal go in and I knew it was over right there. No big fight back, no massive response, it was finished. Watching those players, they knew that too, the heads had sunken lower than I thought possible and there was no chance of salvaging a point. I do share CH's anger, don't get me wrong but at the same time, I feel heavily left down by the team I support. Spector worked hard, Yossi did his best and Dailly at least tried despite his lack of ability. What's that, three players out of eleven? Not good enough.

The absence of Dos Amigos ruined the atmosphere straight away today and the teamsheet itself didn't inspire. We needed them today and we needed their help somehow, some way. These are massively talented youngsters who are being treated p*ss poorly by both Eggy and Curbs. Even Tevez, despite the huge ovation, looks like he is now sick to the back teeth with it all and who can blame him? I know I am so he must be too.

We all hate Roeder and what the team did to us in 2003. However, to me, this is hurting worse than back then. With Joey, Paolo, Carrick and the like, there was still always a chance that we would make it, we would be okay. This side though shows no signs of improvement and look about as lost as to know what to do as we are. We all believed there was a chance in 2003, didn't we? Quite frankly, my belief is evaporating fast and I can see another summer of Tottscum abuse coming up.

A miracle wouldn't be enough to cover what we need to stay up.
Said the same thing to my mate. That's the moment that has sent us down.
X-Hammer-X

Post by X-Hammer-X »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: Hugely embaressing himself !!

He does it alot on this site!! :lol: