West Ham United 0 Manchester City 1 (30/12/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Tel The Hammer wrote: I've worked fmgod's bias against Tevez out now, he won't sign for him at Norwich :)
No I've got Teddy, Sutton, Earnshaw, Mccarone all banging in the goals instead.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Cant get much worse can it? I knew when Jeremy read the team out we were in the ****, and that it would be either 0-0 or 1-0 either way was a pretty good prediction.

We look like we have given up. That is the most concerning thing.

Btw fmgod, your comments on Tevez are (at best) getting tedious now. I did read you are around 15/16 mate, so maybe its a maturity thing. But please keep a lid on it eh? :wink:
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Paolo Futre wrote:Cant get much worse can it? I knew when Jeremy read the team out we were in the sh*t, and that it would be either 0-0 or 1-0 either way was a pretty good prediction.

We look like we have given up. That is the most concerning thing.

Btw fmgod, your comments on Tevez are (at best) getting tedious now. I did read you are around 15/16 mate, so maybe its a maturity thing. But please keep a lid on it eh? :wink:
Yeah sorry but everybody seems to think Tevez is oh so great when his done f*** all and socre no goals and until he does my point is valid.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

ratings

green 0.1
dailly 0.1
gabbs 0.1
ferdinand 0.1
spector 6
benayoun 5 (good first half, wasted second half due to long ball)
mullins -5
bowyer 0
Etherington 0.2
harewood 0.1
sheringham 0.1

pretty fair 8-)
Alfie

Post by Alfie »

fmgod wrote: Yeah sorry but everybody seems to think Tevez is oh so great when his done f*ck all and socre no goals and until he does my point is valid.
Your points are never vaild, got it!
mutu_20

Post by mutu_20 »

fmgod wrote: He's not class, he's proven nothing, he's proven he's scored f*ck all goals, made f*ck all goals, never played in a decent league and is not just class just a good player massively over rated.
When someone says this, I always reply with: What on earth are the people starting ahead of him done this season. Zamora has been ****, nearly all of his goals have flukes ffs. Harewood has been inconsistant to say the least, Sheringham's old and past it and Cole is rubbish.

If you honestly believe that these guys should have preferance over Tevez then you are beyond help.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

I spoke to Cockney Hammer after the game and told him, I didn't feel angry anymore, I felt numb and empty.

I watched that goal go in and I knew it was over right there. No big fight back, no massive response, it was finished. Watching those players, they knew that too, the heads had sunken lower than I thought possible and there was no chance of salvaging a point. I do share CH's anger, don't get me wrong but at the same time, I feel heavily left down by the team I support. Spector worked hard, Yossi did his best and Dailly at least tried despite his lack of ability. What's that, three players out of eleven? Not good enough.

The absence of Dos Amigos ruined the atmosphere straight away today and the teamsheet itself didn't inspire. We needed them today and we needed their help somehow, some way. These are massively talented youngsters who are being treated p*ss poorly by both Eggy and Curbs. Even Tevez, despite the huge ovation, looks like he is now sick to the back teeth with it all and who can blame him? I know I am so he must be too.

We all hate Roeder and what the team did to us in 2003. However, to me, this is hurting worse than back then. With Joey, Paolo, Carrick and the like, there was still always a chance that we would make it, we would be okay. This side though shows no signs of improvement and look about as lost as to know what to do as we are. We all believed there was a chance in 2003, didn't we? Quite frankly, my belief is evaporating fast and I can see another summer of Tottscum abuse coming up.

A miracle wouldn't be enough to cover what we need to stay up.
GJH

Post by GJH »

fmgod wrote: Yeah sorry but everybody seems to think Tevez is oh so great when his done f*ck all and socre no goals and until he does my point is valid.
fmgod - you are a twat. You obviously do not have a season ticket. if you did and were able to see Tevez's contribution compared to that of any of our other strikers you would pick him to play from the start.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

fmgod - you are a twat. You obviously do not have a season ticket. if you did and were able to see Tevez's contribution compared to that of any of our other strikers you would pick him to play from the start.
I've got a season ticket, I would start him but everybody seems to think the sun shines out of his arse and he will make all the difference.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

fmgod wrote: I've got a season ticket, I would start him but everybody seems to think the sun shines out of his arse and he will make all the difference.
Because we have nothing else to bloody cling onto. Have you looked at our team lately?
GJH

Post by GJH »

PaulTheHammer wrote: Because we have nothing else to bloody cling onto. Have you looked at our team lately?
We can still cling onto a great understanding between Yossi and Tevez - oh and a good keeper.
Skarky

Post by Skarky »

Faggot Magnusscum and Anal Turdishley are sending us down quicker than a lead balloon.
mutu_20

Post by mutu_20 »

PaulTheHammer wrote:I spoke to Cockney Hammer after the game and told him, I didn't feel angry anymore, I felt numb and empty.

I watched that goal go in and I knew it was over right there. No big fight back, no massive response, it was finished. Watching those players, they knew that too, the heads had sunken lower than I thought possible and there was no chance of salvaging a point. I do share CH's anger, don't get me wrong but at the same time, I feel heavily left down by the team I support. Spector worked hard, Yossi did his best and Dailly at least tried despite his lack of ability. What's that, three players out of eleven? Not good enough.

The absence of Dos Amigos ruined the atmosphere straight away today and the teamsheet itself didn't inspire. We needed them today and we needed their help somehow, some way. These are massively talented youngsters who are being treated p*ss poorly by both Eggy and Curbs. Even Tevez, despite the huge ovation, looks like he is now sick to the back teeth with it all and who can blame him? I know I am so he must be too.

We all hate Roeder and what the team did to us in 2003. However, to me, this is hurting worse than back then. With Joey, Paolo, Carrick and the like, there was still always a chance that we would make it, we would be okay. This side though shows no signs of improvement and look about as lost as to know what to do as we are. We all believed there was a chance in 2003, didn't we? Quite frankly, my belief is evaporating fast and I can see another summer of Tottscum abuse coming up.

Spot on. Exactly my thoughts, unfortunately. When that goal went in, I didn't shout or curse. I was just resigned to fact and thats a terrible state to be in.

I still feel we can get out of it, Curbs just needs to get his act together and select the correct players, who are hungry.
Fry

Post by Fry »

PaulTheHammer wrote:I spoke to Cockney Hammer after the game and told him, I didn't feel angry anymore, I felt numb and empty.

Spot on mate but hey at least the playoff final will be at Wembley in 2008 :wink:

You have to laugh, its the only way to numb the pain.
Fry

Post by Fry »

Skarky wrote:Faggot Magnusscum and Anal Turdishley are sending us down quicker than a lead balloon.
Easy on the 7up mate, its back to school in a few days, you finished that christmas work yet?
mutu_20

Post by mutu_20 »

fmgod wrote: I've got a season ticket, I would start him but everybody seems to think the sun shines out of his arse and he will make all the difference.
Well when you look at the contribution of Harewood, Sheringham and Zamora and then look at what Tevez does when he comes on. Surely it's as clear as day.
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Probably been said already but we have little to take into the Reading game such was the display.
Mullins cannot uphold the responsibility bestowed upon him in any shape or form. Such a crucial area of the pitch he isn't aware, quick or positive in his play. His distribution was digraceful and his effort in positioning himself was woeful. Marlon must think he's doing ok because he gets a start irrespective of his performance. He did less than nothing today and when he did have the chance to run at the defence 25 yards out late in the first half he dwelt on it then played a nothing ball to Ted. F'ck him off before I shoot him, Curbs.

For the life of me I could not understand Curbs selection today. He picked Dailly at r/b and moved Spector to l/b (who incidentally did little wrong again) but clearly asked too much offensively of the Scot who does not have the pace or delivery of a wing-back.
Mark Noble is the player we have we should be crying out for with NRC missing but he opted safety first with Bowyer who had a decent first half but hasn't the skill to run at players.
Before we know it Nobes won't be match fit after starring for Ipswich!!
Etherinton continues to start when frankly he is atrocious and again can't beat a player.
Marlon starting ahead of Tevez and staying on for 90mins was a shock. Tevez will leave these shores having not been able to settle in to his position and show us what he can do.
My final hope is not of transfer salvation but of lost hope with nothing to lose perhaps by the end of Jan when just like in our promotion season when we were awful we got results when the expectation had left.

Verdict >>>>>>>> We're down and we won't return.
westhamkev

well done curbs

Post by westhamkev »

his big mistake was leaving tevez on the bench again !!!!!!!. you could hear the groans all around the ground before kick off. result no atmosphere, well done curbs.
also as a season ticket holder would be nice if the the club would issue some kind of statement regarding javier please, cannot believe he is not leaving cause why would you not play him instead of mullins unbelieveable.just hoping i wake up tomorrow and its all been a bad dream regarding mr negative curbishley. i'm afraid you've lost me already and probably the majority of fans that support west ham. i fear its going to get worse before it gets better. (rant over)
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Skarky wrote:Faggot Magnusscum and Anal Turdishley are sending us down quicker than a lead balloon.
You're a bit of a twat in what you post but them names made laugh :lol:
fmgod

Re: well done curbs

Post by fmgod »

westhamkev wrote:his big mistake was leaving tevez on the bench again !!!!!!!. you could hear the groans all around the ground before kick off. result no atmosphere, well done curbs.
also as a season ticket holder would be nice if the the club would issue some kind of statement regarding javier please, cannot believe he is not leaving cause why would you not play him instead of mullins unbelieveable.just hoping i wake up tomorrow and its all been a bad dream regarding mr negative curbishley. i'm afraid you've lost me already and probably the majority of fans that support west ham. i fear its going to get worse before it gets better. (rant over)
How can you blame one player not being picked for the lack of atompshere thats total b*llocks, Upton Park has been pretty **** this year for atomsphere tbh.