Reading 6 West Ham United 0 (01/01/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Tel The Hammer wrote: I'm going and I'll also be seeing an improved number of hardcore Reading chavs, just like the fizzy pop days, stewards who are desperate to have you kicked out and Carlos Tevez sitting on the subs bench.
You two should start predicting Lotery Numbers next. Nice little earner

Memory that sticks in my mind the most at the moment is how me and my mates started to celebrate as hard as we could when we won a corner :lol:
hammer_sandwich

Post by hammer_sandwich »

SL wrote: Thats kinda what I thought aswell.

Just seems funny to me how NRC is always mentioned.
Excuse me! I watched the game and Reo coker was a disgrace. if ever a player was playing in a way as to not get injured and spoil a move it was him today. as i said on another thread, he was captain, we were getting ****ing mullered and the captain did NOTHING, said not a single ****ing word. Not ONCE did he gee up the players. Not once did he go for a 50/50 ball. Was he really that bad? No, he was disgraceful. Being captain means nothing too him apart from bigging up his next move. If he is being singled out more than the others it is BECAUSE he is captain and BECAUSE we all know he wants to leave.
madrid-hammer

Post by madrid-hammer »

Just watched Football First - did not see Curbs say any of the comments others have posted, and NRC and others appeared to go straight past him with neither acknowledging the other, no suggestion they should go to fans...
hammer_sandwich

Post by hammer_sandwich »

madrid-hammer wrote:Just watched Football First - did not see Curbs say any of the comments others have posted, and NRC and others appeared to go straight past him with neither acknowledging the other, no suggestion they should go to fans...
I watched it on arab TV, he DID say those things, he DID tell the remaining players to go to the fans and he DID shake his head in despair as he turned and watched those players who were running down the tunnel. I saw it all.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

sanchoz wrote: You two should start predicting Lotery Numbers next. Nice little earner

Memory that sticks in my mind the most at the moment is how me and my mates started to celebrate as hard as we could when we won a corner :lol:
Di Canio song and Three For A Tenner added a bit of light to my day, which really shows how bad it was.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

I went.

Left when we went 4-0 down. I never leave early but it was hurting me that much I just had leave.

No passion. No effort. No hope.

Worst West Ham performance I've ever seen. My Dad has had a season ticket since 1985 and he can't remember much worse than that.

Went back to the pub at the station and had a good sing song.

Myyyyyyyyy name is Ludo Miklosko....

We're score again, don't know where, don't know wheennnnnnnnnnnn but I know we're score again some sunny day!
Essex_Exile
No one likes us

Post by Essex_Exile »

irons4life wrote:BOWYER almost scored !!!!
Post of the year, so far!!! :lol:
Anton Otulakowski
The enemy within

Post by Anton Otulakowski »

Essex_Exile wrote: Post of the year, so far!!! :lol:
Oh stop it you, it gives him some hope!!
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:I went.

Left when we went 4-0 down. I never leave early but it was hurting me that much I just had leave.

No passion. No effort. No hope.

Worst West Ham performance I've ever seen. My Dad has had a season ticket since 1985 and he can't remember much worse than that.

Went back to the pub at the station and had a good sing song.

Myyyyyyyyy name is Ludo Miklosko....

We're score again, don't know where, don't know wheennnnnnnnnnnn but I know we're score again some sunny day!
Are you going on Saturday mate?

I'm just wondering how the boys that went today, feel about going at the weekend now, having seen something that dire.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

I'm going Paul and I went Reading, Only f*** knows why I'm going though.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Tel The Hammer wrote:I'm going Paul and I went Reading, Only f*ck knows why I'm going though.
I'm asking myself the same and I can't get to away games. I can't imagine how bad you guys must be feeling at the moment. Either way, top support away from home and you should be proud of yourself fella.

More proud than those w*nkers 'representing' us.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Are you going on Saturday mate?

I'm just wondering how the boys that went today, feel about going at the weekend now, having seen something that dire.
I am mate.

Not a ****ing clue why though.

Lets face it we could lose 6-0 every week and we will still be going.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

PaulTheHammer wrote: I'm asking myself the same and I can't get to away games. I can't imagine how bad you guys must be feeling at the moment. Either way, top support away from home and you should be proud of yourself fella.

More proud than those w*nkers 'representing' us.
The secret behind supporting us away this season is getting well pissed while you're there, it makes it a lot easier to take :roll: .
Skarky

Post by Skarky »

Oh for Alan Pardew.

Thanks Tony Mac! Thanks a lot! :roll:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Absolute disgrace and a total shambles. I was ashamed of what I saw on the pitch, and the only thing that made me stay till the end was the fans. Best in the country bar none. After the 3rd went in I pretty much stopped watching the game and just decided to have a laugh and a sing-song. I can't think of many fans who'd be doing the conga at 6-0 down to Reading. In the 3 Guineas after the game started speaking to 2 mackems who'd been in the Reading end (they had free tickets) and they were both amazed at what they saw in the West Ham end and wished they were in there!!

As for what was on the pitch, I feel hurt that the players feel they can perform like that and yet get £10k/20k a week. I was screaming for them to come over at the end and apologise to the fans. I think only Gabbs, Daily, Marlene and one other did. The rest just ran off so they could get ready for Faces or Chinawhites or wherever they went afterwards.

The most worrying thing is that the club seems to be falling apart. The chairman doesn't look confident, the manager has little or no faith in the players or seem to have a hold of the dressing room, the players don't want to play for the shirt or the manager and the fans have turned on the players.

Still, f*** them all.

"We're all the West Ham's Claret and Blue Army.......
GJH

Post by GJH »

PaulTheHammer wrote: Are you going on Saturday mate?

I went yesterday and am going on Saturday. At least I didn't have to pay £40 for my ticket like I did yesterday. Had to meet up with a Reading mate after the game as I had promised to have some beers with him in Reading (with West Ham shirt on). Both my brothers are Brighton fans so will be drinking with them after the game on Saturday.

I have decided not to go away again. Season ticket - fair enough. Doesn't hurt so much because payment is made before season starts, but paying £40 to watch that? I will never be mugged off like that again!! Call it a New Year's Resolution (that didn't start to well.)
Schards

Post by Schards »

I've been watching Reading since the 70's and only ever seen fans leaving before half time twice:

Reading V West Ham (3-1)

Reading V West Ham (6-0)

Fair play to the guys that stayed but the ones that left are a disgrace to all football fans.

And yes, i've been there, 0-6 at home to Bristol Rovers and 7-1 away to Chesterfield.
Theres always next week

Post by Theres always next week »

Schards wrote:I've been watching Reading since the 70's and only ever seen fans leaving before half time twice:

Reading V West Ham (3-1)

Reading V West Ham (6-0)

Fair play to the guys that stayed but the ones that left are a disgrace to all football fans.

And yes, i've been there, 0-6 at home to Bristol Rovers and 7-1 away to Chesterfield.

we'll be seeing that again next year :lol:
Last edited by Theres always next week on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

Schards wrote:I've been watching Reading since the 70's and only ever seen fans leaving before half time twice:

Reading V West Ham (3-1)

Reading V West Ham (6-0)

maybe you've never had enough fans previously to notice whether anyone was leaving at half time ?

incidentally, I saw Reading fans leaving at half time yesterday.......unless it's usual for Reading fans to leave the ground, walk away from the ground......and then return for the second half ??
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

left are a disgrace to all football fans.
How exactly do you work that one out?

I pay out a lot of money to follow my team. I have never left as early as I did before yesterday it was that bad. All I expect to see is a bit of passion and effort and we got nothing. I might of stayed but my Dad and two of our mates (all lifelong West Ham fans) could not take anymore.

At this moment in time the players don't deserve the support we give them. The thing is though the club know we will continue to sell out home and away as we are loyal.
Last edited by Harveys_HammersLH on Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.