FAC3: West Ham United 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 0 (06/01/

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mutu_20

Post by mutu_20 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:FWIW i didn't think Tevez or Noble were particularly amazing today...not having a go at them by any means as no-one really stood out but i can't see why people are going so OTT about them both

noble wasn't really in the game at all and we were only playing brighton. tevez looked dangerous in patches and certainly when he was out wide but still doesn't really look like scoring

again i am probably in the minority but my team for fulham would be the following;

green
mcartney
pantsil
gabbidon
ferdinand (or collins or dailly - dependent on injuries)
boa morte
mullins
reo-coker
benayoun
harewood
cole

subs:
noble
sheringham
spector
carrol
tevez

Yes mate, thats true.

Tevez has to start next game (obviously). His movement alone improves the team tenfold imo. He not only creates space for himself, but the gaps he creates for other players in invaluable.

Of course, Tevez and Noble playing well will mean they're on the bench next game, but hey :lol:
rippyuk

Post by rippyuk »

GrowPike wrote: Showed all 3 earlier :D
I'll have to wait til 11pm, was forced to shop earlier :cry:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

rippyuk wrote: I'll have to wait til 11pm, was forced to shop earlier :cry:
more like 12pm mate, we will be on last :lol:
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

The players got what they deserved from the fans today - the silent treatment.

Well done to the Brighton fans I heard there were no arrests for buggary today. :wink:
HarryHammer

Post by HarryHammer »

Hammer Laffers wrote:The players got what they deserved from the fans today - the silent treatment.

Well done to the Brighton fans I heard there were no arrests for buggary today. :wink:
Sureley its far too early to conclude that!

Still 4 hours left! :lol:
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

That rain in the first half was just ridiculous. No wonder the play was disjointed & didn't flow, the ball was flying about like a greased monkey. Thought that West Ham were comfortable in the first half, so did the Brighton fan I was sat next to. "I hope the rain doesn't stop," he said. "It's our best chance of getting a result."
Well, the rain stopped, the lads were able to bring the ball under control & completely dominated the second half. Poor Mayo, the Brighton No.3 got run ragged by Tevez, who had a cracking game. The only thing missing was some composed finishing. As others have mentioned, link play between Tevez & Yossi was very good, constantly looking for space & movement off of each other.

When Zamora came on, it just opened up even further. Although Cole played reasonably well, his style is a little one-dimensional & although it gets results against teams like Brighton, you can see why he's not been in against Premiership sides. Zamora seemed to be far more on the same wavelength as Tevez, with both using each other for making dummies off of the ball and opening up space.

Noble played well, but wasn't the outstanding player in the midfield, he put in a performance on a par with LBM who had a tidy debut. Nice to see Noble get a goal though, hopefully the start of great things to come. Mullins probably just shaded Yossi because of his workrate & goal at the end. Anyone who's critical about his second half performance clearly has a chip on their shoulder about Mullins & should be transfered to go and be Chelski fans like the fickle swine they are! :wink:

All in all a good game & much needed boost to the team, albeit against a team who were overshadowed by their supporters.
West Dan

Post by West Dan »

Ironball wrote:Tevez and Benayoun were superb today. Noble was bright, Boa Morte looked lively.
Completely sums it up - Cant agree more - Thought Tevez was really good today - some of the balls he was putting into the box were amazing. Although he still hasn't scored his work rate was top notch and if he stays in the team he'll get better and better.

Got to mention some of the chants to the Brighton fans were really :lol:
eastendjohn

Post by eastendjohn »

'kin 'ell we defeated the mighty Brighton!! This has to be the biggest sports achievement in 2007! CL here we come!! :pissed:
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

eastendjohn wrote:'kin 'ell we defeated the mighty Brighton!! This has to be the biggest sports achievement in 2007! CL here we come!! :pissed:
Yer that has just hit me I was so pleased at winning 3-0 I forgot it was against a team we should have beaten by that score :lol:

Oh well, it felt like last season for a few hours now back to reality...
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

eastendjohn wrote:'kin 'ell we defeated the mighty Brighton!! This has to be the biggest sports achievement in 2007! CL here we come!! :pissed:
get a grip, 3-0 after the **** ive watched recently was like mana from heaven, i dont care who it was against.

And after Charlton got turned over today, and our recent form we could have been ****ed tonight.

Well done West Ham
daniel

Post by daniel »

Any way I can watch our goals online chaps?
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

mrchewy wrote:Eggs should pay MSI whatever Kia whatever we need to to keep Tevez - he does put in the effort and will probably come off in the prem one day soon. Make it with us please...
Damn right!
simian major
Location: "Houston, we have a problem" .... "the Simian has landed"

Post by simian major »

daniel wrote:Any way I can watch our goals online chaps?
In the words of Rush Limbaugh fans......."Ditto"
irons4life
Yellow card - spam

Post by irons4life »

Good win today well i listend to talk sport so i herd the goal's , so i taek it we did play well....
Skarky

Post by Skarky »

Stewart Robson said Noble was combative but lacked quality on the ball. Stewart Robson also said Benayoun and Tevez should start every game for West Ham. Stewart Robson also said Brighton were pretty rubbish and didn't even try to beat us.
GrowPike

Post by GrowPike »

Skarky wrote:Stewart Robson said Noble was combative but lacked quality on the ball. Stewart Robson also said Benayoun and Tevez should start every game for West Ham. Stewart Robson also said Brighton were pretty rubbish and didn't even try to beat us.
Stewart Robson seems to be sticking his cycle shorts into our business a lot recently?

Is he still injured?
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Skarky wrote:Stewart Robson said Noble was combative but lacked quality on the ball. Stewart Robson also said Benayoun and Tevez should start every game for West Ham. Stewart Robson also said Brighton were pretty rubbish and didn't even try to beat us.
Sorry, who said all this?
ukchrish
Total likes: 1 like

Post by ukchrish »

I thought the first half was a little disjointed this afternoon - the weather probably played apart but there were also bound to be nerves from last week.

Second half I thought the team grew more and more with each goal - the ole's probably helped a bit as well!

I thought Tevez had a brilliant game today. He seemed to link up brilliantly with Yossi. One downer is that he had so much space in the second half but we didn't seem to find him enough. I just wish he had scored - the place would hae erupted.

He has to start against Fulham.
whufcspoon

Post by whufcspoon »

yeahh! yesterday was good maybe this is the start od something new although they are lower leauge opposition we looked strong n good..
blueboleyn

Post by blueboleyn »

I LOVE that pic of Nobles goal celebration on the OS. Just how celebrating should be :?