Newcastle United 2 West Ham United 2 (20/01/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

It looks like it's been whacked with a bag of broken spanners, the old flat face
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Can Eggy pay off the refs for the next game or something. Its just stupid now. On other news

I love you Carlton. You can have my babies for me

Davenport was a good signing. Fact

We still need one more winger. Bentley please
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Thanks for the link humppis. I hadn't seen anything so that was great. Davenport's height is really helping. F*uck the refs anyway, but their goal isn't as bad as all the text I'm reading.

5 goals, 2 points that could very easily have been 6, teams around us sinking (come on Everton tomorrow!), Neill's signed, some good press.......suddenly I feel a whole lot better!!!

:music:
NorwayHammer
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by NorwayHammer »

Alan Curbishley felt West Ham were denied victory over Newcastle by a controversial decision moments before half-time.

The Hammers were in complete control of the contest thanks to goals from Carlton Cole and Marlon Harewood, but James Milner reduced the arrears just before the break.

West Ham had a decent claim for offside, as Scott Parker appeared to be interfering with play. However, referee Uriah Rennie allowed the goal to stand and Nolberto Solano scored a second-half penalty to earn Newcastle a point.

Curbishley was understandably disappointed, as his side failed to secure their first away win of the season.

"I think it is definitely offside," Curbishley told Sky Sports News. "Scott Parker is interfering with play.

"As Milner has checked back, we have let Scott Parker in there and it is not as if he is not in front of the keeper, he is directly in front of the keeper and has let it go through his legs and he has to have been infringing on Roy Carroll's view and what Roy Carroll thinks might happen.

"The linesman put his flag up and took it down again."

Curbishley feels The Hammers are not getting the rub of the green at present.

"If you are in mid-table those decisions might go for you," he added. "But when you are where we are it has gone against us.

"If we had gone in 2-0 at half-time it would have been a totally different game.

"I just hope we turn it around and perhaps some of these decisions start going for us.

"I think we all have a problem playing offside, but today he was right in front of the keeper and that is offside."

West Ham had a goal disallowed for a foul and Curbishley again suggested they are not getting any breaks at present.

"He (Calum Davenport) has got above his defender and there is no need to infringe, but when you are going well they are given," he added.

"I have got to be pleased as we have come here and taken a point, but we just need to get those three points on the board."
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

I've just watched it on Football First.

We were fantastic in the first-half. We picked up the second balls and had a real quality about our play. If we continue to play like that then we should start to move up the table. I'm sure we would of gone on to win the game if it was not for Rennie. How that **** manges to ref in the Premiership is beyond me. Parker was a good 3/4 yards offside, he blocked the vision of Carroll and it was so obvious. The linesman put his flag up and then put it down thanks to Rennie. It was so ****ing obvious even Alan Shearer said on MOTD that he could not believe it was not called a offside and coming from him that's saying something!

We've had no luck from decisions over the past few weeks.

I was impressed with how we did. Reo-Coker was back to his very best, Quashie really partnered him well in the middle and at the back we looked much more solid. I would of taken a point before the start of the game but it does piss you off when a ref makes a awful decision like that. However we can be positive coming away from this match.

Lets hope Everton do us a favour against Wigan.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Yep **** happens but i thought we were miles better from what we have been this year !!

Davenport was good, Quashie impressed me, the 2 up front were good enough, NRC had a good game, as did Macartney & the Goalkeeper, Dailly was *****, Benayoun ok, not too bad overall but let's not harp on about the Milner goal or the dissalowed goal cos it's happened, dust ourselves down & go into the next game with some confidences cos St James Park is a tough place to get anything from !!
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

So it ended up
West Ham 2, Ref 1 and Newcastle 1

Just seen MOTD and we looked good lets hope we can build on it. But why did Matty not shoot :roll:
Lancaster Hammer
Location: The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an on-coming train

Post by Lancaster Hammer »

I can't believe that Roeder has the gall to say that it was unclear. I'd have more respect for the bloke if he said "Yeah, we got lucky but sometimes those things go for you, other times they go against you".

From Sky Sports:
ROEDER CALLS FOR CLARITY
By Alex Livie - Created on 21 Jan 2007

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley was left a frustrated figure on Saturday, as he felt his side were denied victory at St James' Park by a controversial decision.

James Milner scored on the stroke of half-time to cut into West Ham's lead, but Scott Parker appeared to be in an offside position.

Curbishley voiced his frustrations and Roeder feels the grey area needs to be eliminated.

"It is very much a grey area, no doubt about it," Roeder told Sky Sports News. "An incident has happened and it is touch and go whether Scott Parker is in a position where he is interfering with their goalkeeper.

"It would be good to sit down with Keith Hackett (referees' chief) to clear up these grey areas with the offside rule.

"I am not absolutely certain and people around the game are not certain and it would be nice to have it clarified to stop this controversy"
Last edited by Lancaster Hammer on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1318 likes

Post by davids cross »

I can't remember a worse off side decision......maybe Sammy Lee in the 1981 League Cup Final.

Rennie Headbanger

Clive Thomas :angry:
whufcspoon

Post by whufcspoon »

Its sooo anoying that a prem ref cant even see that was interfering with play. :twisted:

You never know it may come our way next week! (some how i dont think so) :lol:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

it is touch and go whether Scott Parker is in a position where he is interfering with their goalkeeper.
Touch and go?

TOUCH AND ****ing GO?!
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2659 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Touch and go?

TOUCH AND f*cking GO?!
In all fairness Harvs, he's hardly likely to say "the **** is a mile off side and the ref has got it wrong" (or something similar but more press friendly), is he?
SL

Post by SL »

EvilC wrote: In all fairness Harvs, he's hardly likely to say "the c*nt is a mile off side and the ref has got it wrong" (or something similar but more press friendly), is he?
Would have been funny if he did though

:lol:
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2659 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

SL wrote: Would have been funny if he did though

Indeed! Particularly in his funny, nerdy voice.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

EvilC wrote: In all fairness Harvs, he's hardly likely to say "the c*nt is a mile off side and the ref has got it wrong" (or something similar but more press friendly), is he?

He should of done. :wink:
vivthespiv

Post by vivthespiv »

poeder? tosser! :D
ShopSari

Post by ShopSari »

poeder, roader - there certainly is some highly educated people on this mb. But then again your'e from Essex, enough said.
daniel

Post by daniel »

ShopSari wrote:poeder, roader - there certainly is some highly educated people on this mb. But then again your'e from Essex, enough said.
:shock: :lol:
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Rennie was a total cock. Did you see when he wanted to book one of their players and couldn't find his cards - he had to get a spare set off the lino. He looked a good stone overweight and was clearly struggling to keep up with play. The reason he didn't spot Parker being off-side was cos he was day dreaming about his post-match pie and chips.
kaybee15

Post by kaybee15 »

ShopSari wrote:poeder, roader - there certainly is some highly educated people on this mb. But then again your'e from Essex, enough said.
That's "There certainly are some highly educated people on this mb", stroppy b*llocks. If you're going to slag a board off for it's grammar within five posts, try not to be a plank about it, eh?