Sheffield United 3 West Ham United 0 (14/04/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Bob

Post by The Bob »

Offense? Offense? ****ing Offense??????!!!

:evil: :twisted: :evil:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

:doff: to all that were there !!!!
westhamnil

Post by westhamnil »

An afterthought, what a difference a week makes. Last week I was throwing Lager down my neck in celebration of such an unlikely win.
This week I'm comfort eating heaps of Chinese to ease the pain of a devastating defeat.
Fortunes always hiding eh?
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

westhamnil wrote:Did anybody notice Matty jump and turn his back
sums the bloke up. a bottling ****.

off direct topic: as for all that "thank you for admitting you're a weak willed ****.....now you can be our hero" b*llocks.....what a load of cobblers
Bobby Orangeboom

bonehead wrote: sums the bloke up. a bottling c*nt.

off direct topic: as for all that "thank you for admitting you're a weak willed c*nt.....now you can be our hero" b*llocks.....what a load of cobblers
I ****ing despise the c*** !!

Please, get that c*** out of our Football Club, sooner rather than later !!
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Just got back from the game. A few thoughts:

We had three golden opportunities to equalise. One of them was a great save. If any of them had gone in, we would have gone on to win. C'est la vie. We weren't relegated today, we were relegated when we lost to Watford at home, when we were thrashed by Charlton, when Reading took us to the cleaners, etc etc.

I don't know what Curbishley was playing at with his substitutions. I haven't read anything on this thread or elsewhere, so don't know why he took Noble off, but for me we should have taken off a fullback. And then, bringing on Muggins. WHY?!!!! The guy's utter *****. How many times do we need to see this guy fail to demonstrate basic footballing skill. Well, you brought him on, Curbishley, within two minutes he gave the ball away under no pressure because he can't execute one simple ****ing pass, and they nip in and tidy things off - goal. I'll tell you who I'd subsititute next. Alan ****ing Curbishley. It is becoming clear to me that he is a retard. It's your money, Magnusson, or rather - it's NOT your money, it's Gudmundsson's - and if you insist on pissing it up the wall with a tactically gormless manager, then maybe it will be you that gets subsitituted by Gudmundsson in due course.

Mullins is ****, Curbishley is ****. Thanks Carlos, thanks Lucas - I hope you stay, and unlucky with the shot that Kenny did well to stop.

b*llocks

But nice weather today up in Sheffield. And that's the main thing.
Bobby Orangeboom

Ironball wrote:Just got back from the game. A few thoughts:

We had three golden opportunities to equalise. One of them was a great save. If any of them had gone in, we would have gone on to win. C'est la vie. We weren't relegated today, we were relegated when we lost to Watford at home, when we were thrashed by Charlton, when Reading took us to the cleaners, etc etc.

At last, someone is in the REAL World !!!
Cambiasso
Has liked: 244 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: At last, someone is in the REAL World !!!
Red orangutan confirms true statement.
leveller

Post by leveller »

Ironball wrote:We had three golden opportunities to equalise. One of them was a great save. If any of them had gone in, we would have gone on to win. C'est la vie.
To be honest I thought we were pretty much beaten fair and square. The Neill shot was a good save, the Tevez shot was abysmal for a player of his calibre (not saying he doesn't try, he does more than most but the fact remains), not sure what the 3rd chance your referring to was but the point is they scored three very good goals and created chances. I don't think you can say we would have gone on to win it, our defence looked dodgy all game and I am sure we would have conceded at least 2 even if we had equalised.

I think we have to admit we have once again been well and truly outplayed by one of the worst teams in the division as has happened numerous times this season. We have lost at home twice to the side who are bottom of the league, we have lost to Charlton, we have lost to Wigan, we have failed to beat Fulham. As much as I hate to say it we do not deserve to stay up, especially considering the potential of the squad we have on paper.
Ironball wrote:We weren't relegated today, we were relegated when we lost to Watford at home, when we were thrashed by Charlton, when Reading took us to the cleaners, etc etc.
The problem is we have a team that does not have the motivation or fighting spirit of a team such as Sheff Utd. Sheff Utd have results wise performed as bad as us all season, but they still went and beat us 3-0 today. If we had their attitude, we would not be in the position we are in. We could still stay up now if we had the right attitude, we are a much better team on paper than Sheff Utd but we have a squad full of players who don't care if we get relegated because they will just f*** off somewhere else and for me that is what it boils down to.

Oh and the fact we now have a manager who it seems has taken it upon himself to fall out with half the squad and let it influence his team selections. If Pardew was still in charge (and I never, ever called for Pardew's head even when we playing **** in the 2nd Divison) I don't believe we would be in this situation.
Bobby Orangeboom

Cambiasso wrote: Red orangutan confirms true statement.
King Louis has more of a brain than many on here !!! :wink:
Bitter 'n' Twisted

Post by Bitter 'n' Twisted »

Cambiasso wrote:
Red orangutan confirms true statement.
:lol: :lol:
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Anybody on the bus with 'Gwen' today?
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

I had resigned myself to relegation after we had lost to Watford and Charlton. Then when you see some light at the end of the tunnel and you think you might escape it just caves in on you :wink: .
Etheringtonsdabest

Post by Etheringtonsdabest »

hawkins_hammer wrote:Anybody on the bus with 'Gwen' today?
Yessss i was when she kept singing 'going down going down going down' :lol: she was on fire today :lol: :lol:
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Curbishley is the most useless manager in the continent
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

I know it may be hard to face but yeah we are in the championship :( All weve got to look forward to is a few games at home where we can hopefully build our confidence ready for next season, a few away games which are just for the giant conga lines and then we have the summer........oh the summer..........where we offload players for half the price we could of got for them in January and watch them develop into englands "world class" players eg joe cole, michael carrick and that fat c***. This is the reality and although it seems harsh thats the way it goes :D
comeonyouirons
Location: On the march with Gold & Sullivan to the Olympic Stadium...

Post by comeonyouirons »

wwipe2001 wrote:In my opinion robert green had a shocker. after playing so brilliantly against arsenal, the goals we let in were a bit...soft. theres no excuse for him to be beaten at his near post on that free kick. i don't care how fast the ball is going, its like 2 foot away from you. saying that, the offense didnt do much to help. tevez really missed some fine opportunities today. I just watched the free kick on MOTD. I thought it was unstopable at the game and MOTD did not change my mind. Corner free header basically. Third goal- Anton should have pushed Stead down the line. I blame Anton more than Green. Anton was at fault for the third and gave a way the free kick for the first and was probably lucky not to pick up a second yellow card on the free kick.

but typical west ham, beat arsenal and lose to sheff. Probably beat Chelsea now!

curbs needs to shake up this team. Pards should still be Manager.
where the f*ck is benayoun? Only wants to play for Israel?
where is marlon? Practising his penalties in case we need him to play for us again.
sometimes you need that kind of option on the bench, absolutely clueless.

subbing in a defensive midfielder when you are 2 down makes no sense at all.
we didn't deserve to win today and we didn't deserve to win last week, only difference is we got found out in this game. I thought we played OK today difference was they took their chances and we didn't and we made silly defensive mistakes and they didn't.

Man of the match for us - I would go for Neill.
comeonyouirons
Location: On the march with Gold & Sullivan to the Olympic Stadium...

Post by comeonyouirons »

Anyone see any bother at the game today? Don't know if the OB were expecting anything but all the riot police lined up at half time on the concourse was a bit over the top.

Although tempers were getting frayed towards the end.
giblet
Has liked: 1 like

Post by giblet »

Hmm...

Well, to me, we played almost the same today as against Arsenal. We were lucky then not to get thrashed, and unlucky today not to draw.

What I saw today was a Sheff U side very focused on targetting and throttling any play we had; almost the only WH player that managed to shake that off was NRC.

The game today exposed the essential weakness of this side- that the formation has a weak left wing, and virtually no right wing at all. Hardly any play goes down to the corners, so that the opposition can concentrate on snuffing out our only two sources of attack- on the floor through the middle or long balls over the top. At least the fact that we can now occasionally do the former marks some kind of progress.

I don't know if Harewood (on the right) or Benayoun would have made any difference- neither are real wingers, but the present system of NRC, Noble and Bowyer gives no width at all. NRC and Bowyer did appear on the right wing now and then, but you could see that neither had any desire to take play forward down the wing; they drifted inside as soon as they could.

At least, from when I've seen him there, Harewood is quite disciplined when he's on the right wing- he tends to stay in position, and therefore spreads the opposition defence. He's not that hot at tracking back, but we do have Neill.
Fry

Post by Fry »

Ironball wrote:Just got back from the game. A few thoughts:

I don't know what Curbishley was playing at with his substitutions. I haven't read anything on this thread or elsewhere, so don't know why he took Noble off, but for me we should have taken off a fullback. And then, bringing on Muggins. WHY?!!!! The guy's utter *****. How many times do we need to see this guy fail to demonstrate basic footballing skill. Well, you brought him on, Curbishley, within two minutes he gave the ball away under no pressure because he can't execute one simple f*cking pass, and they nip in and tidy things off - goal. I'll tell you who I'd subsititute next. Alan f*cking Curbishley. It is becoming clear to me that he is a retard. It's your money, Magnusson, or rather - it's NOT your money, it's Gudmundsson's - and if you insist on pissing it up the wall with a tactically gormless manager, then maybe it will be you that gets subsitituted by Gudmundsson in due course.

Mullins is sh*t, Curbishley is sh*t. Thanks Carlos thanks Lucas - I hope you stay, and unlucky with the shot that Kenny did well to stop.

b*llocks

But nice weather today up in Sheffield. And that's the main thing.
Sorry mate, but for a player of his skill he shouldn't miss opportunities like he had today or take a dive in the box.