Sheffield United 3 West Ham United 0 (14/04/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

nzhammer

Post by nzhammer »

My only wish is that sheff utd are relegated with us :twisted:
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

comeonyouirons wrote:Anyone see any bother at the game today? Don't know if the OB were expecting anything but all the riot police lined up at half time on the concourse was a bit over the top.

Although tempers were getting frayed towards the end.
We took a big firm up there that arrived early. The police were expecting trouble and we didn't dissapoint them, unfortunately, both before and after the game.

But to the game.

They wanted it more and deservedly won. I thought our midfield were poor with only Reo Coker deserving any credit, Bowyer is dog **** IMO. If we had taken some of our chances, especially Tevez then we may have made a better fist of it but we never looked likely to win.

As much as I dislike the man, I have to say fair play to Warnock for his team selection and ability to get a Championship team battling their way to survival. We have ridden our luck in two of our three previous fixtures and we were found out again yesterday, it just looked like normal service resumed.

Thanks for the ticket fella, you know who you are. But for the 90 minutes yesterday, I had another top day out and met some decent Blades fan's, most of whom shared my dislike for Warnock. "He's a F*cking gobby c*nt" being the general consensus.

Ho hum, Chelsea up next. Come on West Ham :crest:
Nutmeg

Post by Nutmeg »

Bowyer was really disappointing for me. His kicks were aimless and lost us possession over and over again. When he took that header off Tevez in the first half it really summed things up for me. I feel that Tevez would have put that one away.

A poor performance. It is sad we can't beat the teams we should be beating - Wigan, Charlton, Sheffield, Watford. Anyway - bring on Chelsea. I have a feeling we can do it.
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

Bowyer has been toilet all season yet because he's a supposed West Ham boy and there was a purely coincidental stat that we've picked up more points with him in team, people choose to ignore his shitness. Reo-Coker is a far easier target after all.

Both wide players are absolute pap. I'd love to throttle Etherington. The geeza has no b*llocks whatsoever, constantly hiding behind an opponent and getting rid of the ball in any direction the few times he does get it. Take some ****ing responsibility.

Neil for MOTM? Are you kidding me? Some rookie kid from the Fizzy Pop took the piss out of him a number of times while he misjudged the flight of the ball on more than one occasion which led to opportunities.

I think the Tevez dive summed up our season: shamefully **** and desperate.

:(
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

AJ wrote:im so nervous about this game, that last night i had repeating nightmares of west ham losing 3-0, please no!
oh no it all came true :shock:
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

AJ wrote: oh no it all came true :shock:
Next time ypou wake up from a dream about football get yourself down the bookies first thing the following morning :wink:
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

ChzMff wrote:Bowyer has been toilet all season yet because he's a supposed West Ham boy and there was a purely coincidental stat that we've picked up more points with him in team, people choose to ignore his shitness. Reo-Coker is a far easier target after all.
Spot on!

Worst player to hold down a first team spot in years. A truly awful footballer.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Etheringtonsdabest wrote: Yessss i was when she kept singing 'going down going down going down' :lol: she was on fire today :lol: :lol:

were you one of the John Boys at the back?
John Khzianishvilli :lol:
1980 Hammer

Post by 1980 Hammer »

bonehead wrote:
He was worried about his £50k bet on the National!
The Boys from the Boleyn
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by The Boys from the Boleyn »

Marky wrote:Curbishley is the most useless manager in the continent
:lol:

Apparently Steve McLaren is working wonders in his next job!
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

chimchimcheroo wrote: We took a big firm up there that arrived early. The police were expecting trouble and we didn't dissapoint them, unfortunately, both before and after the game.
Think the Blades were up for it as well. As me and my mates walked past the Old Monk there was a load of them standing there talking, as we walk past it goes dead silent and they watch us go past. Decided we'd use the door round the back instead :lol:
whufcspoon

Post by whufcspoon »

just got back from a weekend in sheffield everything was great apart from the match :evil: how tevez missed from 10 yards i will never know! i have to say sheffield really were up for it, more than i can say about west ham!
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Three funny moments yesterday:

1) The song: "attack attack attackattackattack"

2) Angry Fan shouting "FFS West Ham how hard is it to pass it forwards run with it, shoot and score"
Funny bloke 1) "You should write that down mate"

3) Funny bloke 2 "FFS West Ham kick him (Kenny) in the b*llocks to give us something to laugh at...(laughter)...you'd still probably miss"

:lol: :lol:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Watched the game on Art Sports. The pub was packed full of West Ham fans.

The scoreline flattered Sheffield United a lot.

We should of got it back to 1-1 when we was all over them at the start of the 2nd half. If only Tevez had taken that chance or Kenny had not made that good save from Neill.

Have to say I thought the free-kick against Ferdinand was a bit harsh and how the ref gave a foul against Tevez for the free-kick that lead to the corner which of course led to the 2nd goal i don't know.

Thought Reo-Coker was our best player. Neill had a good game as well.

I personally think we're going down, I thought we was before the game and I would of thought so even if we had won. That said of course we've still got a chance of staying up. I don't think we will but we've still got a chance.
hammer_sandwich

Post by hammer_sandwich »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Watched the game on Art Sports. The pub was packed full of West Ham fans.

The scoreline flattered Sheffield United a lot.

We should of got it back to 1-1 when we was all over them at the start of the 2nd half. If only Tevez had taken that chance or Kenny had not made that good save from Neill.

Have to say I thought the free-kick against Ferdinand was a bit harsh and how the ref gave a foul against Tevez for the free-kick that lead to the corner which of course led to the 2nd goal i don't know.

Thought Reo-Coker was our best player. Neill had a good game as well.

I personally think we're going down, I thought we was before the game and I would of thought so even if we had won. That said of course we've still got a chance of staying up. I don't think we will but we've still got a chance.

I'll admit that since the loss this is the first time I could face reading kumb and what people had to say. After 35 years of watching and following West Ham I've lived in Spain for the last 3 years and although I don't get to go much anymore I do get to see almost every game here in Spain. Four weeks ago I was absoloutely resigned to relegation which to be honest I have been since Reading. Typical West Ham, we go and win 3 on the spin and suddenly you feel like 'just maybe'. However, when we won at Arsenal last week, undeniably a 'lucky' win, I turned to my mate Gary who'd driven up to see the game and said 'Typical West Ham would be to beat Arsenal then get stuffed next week against Colin ****ers lot. Obviously, being West Ham fans I'm sure many of you felt that way. Just as I'm sure a lot of us feel that we'll probably put in a good, maybe even winning performance aqainst Chelsea on wednesday. (although if both teams play to their 'potential' we will be slaughtered. I digress, without farming thru every post on this game I want to state my opinions on certain players performances.

Green didn't have a 'great' game but if not for him we would've been murdered at Arsenal.

The back four were average at best.

The midfield in my opinion were shocking. Etherington was disgraceful but this season it's no shock. I honestly used to think he was a good player but he has been so diabolical this year and it's b*llocks for him to say that his performances have improved of late. They haven't. He's useless. Unfortunately Boa Morte if anything has been even worse.

Mark Noble, as much as I like him and would choose him over Mullins/Quashie/Dailly/NRC/Bowyer any day, was anonymous and ineffectual.

Bowyer was awful, as he has been in almost every game bar Charlton at the start of the season.

NRC was occasionally good but in any situation that mattered he was dire. He gave the ball away so many times when he could've easily played it into space to a West Ham player that it was embarrassing. Tevez had probably his worst game. I love the guy and to be honest I was deeply disappointed that he was in a 5 man midfield rather than up front against a team that on paper we should dominate and boss. Zamorra was ***** and although not being his biggest fan this season the fact is he's been fantastic lately. It wasn't his day but that can happen.

All the subs were innoccuous. Also, for me, Curbishley was tactically inept. On the back of three straight wins and in a must win or at least a mustn't lose game I honestly believe we should've gone in with a 3-5-2 or at least a 4-4-2 formation. Curbishley started at Arsenal with a 4-4-2 and only cos they played us of the park for 20 mins did he revert to 4-5-1. However, Sheff Utd are as far removed from Arsenal as you can get and I believe his tactics and formation were naive to say the least. However I'm not surprised. Curbishley in his stubbornness played Carroll over Green for weeks and probably cost us our FA cup place. He also only brought in Noble and Tevez out of injury and desperation. Being a West Ham fan for as long as I have been, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see us get anything from 3-6 points against Chelsea and Everton only to go to Wigan and get murdered up north yet again. We will only win at Old Trafford if we're already relegated and they've already won the title. If that game means anything we will get beat by 5 or 6. 9 points out of the last 12 is encouraging and we all would've taken it but to win the three we did then keel over to Sheff Utd only highlights why we will be relegated.

As you were.
Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

James P wrote: Spot on!

Worst player to hold down a first team spot in years. A truly awful footballer.
spot on. Only thing stopping him being overlooked was we were winning games which he IMO he failed to contribute anything in.

Yossi in for chelsea please.