West Ham United 1 Chelsea 4 (18/04/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mpsamuels

Post by mpsamuels »

Jackanakanory wrote: I agree - but for all the bolloxs Pompey get about being super fans I have known them to do the same when they are getting beaten (like they did vs Arsenal in the FA Cup a couple of seasons ago)

People who have sat it out - well played sirs - and you're all singing still too.

Yeah, good work all of ya's ! :) a credit to the club ! whether all those "plastic" fans who only turn out for the big games disappear off home the real fans are still there to support the lads to the end
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:The ones that stayed...Credit to our Club. :worthy:
Deserve better. :evil:
just a shame you can't say the same of the players this season.
Hackett socks

Post by Hackett socks »

:(
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by Het-Field »

What is the most worrying fact is that we lost to the team in second with Lampard, SWP, Drogba, Cech, Bridge, Essien etc, by the same margin that we lost to Sheffield United. In fact, we scored tonight.

30 minites of ****. It was terrible. Chelsea were just knocking it around to their hearts content. No effort.

In fairness we were down. The three victories were just a stay of execution. I imagine Wigan will take us out, as will everton, bolton, and Man Utd.

Poor performances all round, and I hope that several are finished at the club.

Spector
BoaMorte
ReoCoker ALL RUBBISH

Im to annoyed to rate the performances

Damn those fans who walked out after 60mins
ponder

Post by ponder »

Just got back from the pub, and honestly, I can't remeber the last time a score flattered a team so much. It was typicaly Chelsea. Up until the 3rd goal we were arguably the better side. Yossi acted like a fairy when gifted a brilliant opportunity at the end of the first half, Zamora had a great chance at the start of the 2nd, but clearly (and understandably) didn't expect both Carvalho and Terry to miss that cross. Then Kalou scores a goal Wimbledon would be proud of, and it's game over.

God I ****ing hate Chelsea.

The performace from out boys up until the 3rd goal was commendable though. It's just unfortunate we were let down at the back. We certainly matched the 200 million quid boys in every other department for long periods of the game.

As for the substitutions - personally, I thought he should have taken Tevez off earlier. He had a good game, but at 4-1 down it was all over, why risk injury with a game at the weekend? Also, I think we've established that Lucas Neill is a far better fullback than a centre back.

I'll head over to the BBC forums in a bit to view the inevitable posts from Man Utd fans claimed we rolled over in a conspiracy to cost them the title. :roll:
Last edited by ponder on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeySweets

Post by JoeySweets »

I honestly though we had this game. I guess chlesea are just too good. The first 30 minutes or so we were the better team but once they got three it was pretty much over. Dang we has alot of chances. If Zamora would have scored that one right after half time we probably win.

I still think we can win the rest of them though,, It can happen,, I know we can do it.
Roffers
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Roffers »

Good god I've got a widescreen telly and the fat c*** still can't fit on it.
Valley Hammer

Post by Valley Hammer »

Zamora's miss was costly, whether we would have won if he had scored, well, we'll never know.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Bah well, it weren't great, but it didn't surprise me and thus I'm not too dissapointed...
What pissed me off was talking to a Manure fan after the game. What a b*stard he was saying 'great job you did there barely put up a fight'. If you want to win the title, ****ing win it yourself don't rely on everyone to do you favours. ****.
Oh and as for the game...we played alright first half and first 5 minutes of the second half. Fell apart after the 3rd goal. If Collins had scored with that sitter of a header...everything would have been different.
But we weren't relegated today, we were relegated on Saturday, and other games this season like Saturday.
Cambiasso
Has liked: 244 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

steveyrockstar wrote: mate, the amount of money and hours I've wasted this season

west ham fans are only human beings too, we do have certain tolerance levels
But if there was one game not to go home early in, it must have been this one. Great pride and show in front of Chelsea ... at Upton Park ... leaving early. That'll really boost the "best supporters" argument. I would have also killed to have been there. Today, and just today, the players deserved better from the fans that left early ... especially after the first half performance. There were already fans leaving at 3-1. That's bull****.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Valley Hammer wrote:Zamora's miss was costly, whether we would have won if he had scored, well, we'll never know.
I still hope we keep him for next season after the inevitable.
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

We lost - no big surprise. But look on the bright side of today - Poland got Euro 2012!!

What? I'm the only one who lives there?

Tee Hee.

We've got spare beds if anyone's coming over. :)
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by smuts »

Well, that was obvious wasn't it.

Despite a decent first half, you just got the feeling that if we had scored another Chelsea would have stepped up a gear.

LBM was his usual self and Reo Coker just gave it away all the time, and please can we never see Neill at centre back again? Not that we had much option with out "Mr Glass" central defenders.

Did anyone see Fat boy spit on the Badge at the side of the pitch at the start of the first half? Tosser, I have never seen a player gob so much. Must be all the chip oil coming back up.
Cambiasso

Post by Cambiasso »

scatts wrote:We lost - no big surprise. But look on the bright side of today - Poland got Euro 2012!!

What? I'm the only one who lives there?

Tee Hee.

We've got spare beds if anyone's coming over. :)
That's great !!

I may actually consider flying out to see it then!

Thing is ... Poland doesn't really have any "real" stadiums ... appart from maybe Legia Warszawa's and Wisla Krakow's ... but even those leave much to be desired. How the hell are they going to host the Euro Cup?
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Cambiasso wrote: That's great !!

I may actually consider flying out to see it then!

Thing is ... Poland doesn't really have any "real" stadiums ... appart from maybe Legia Warszawa's and Wisla Krakow's ... but even those leave much to be desired. How the hell are they going to host the Euro Cup?
Poland ? WTF
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1080 likes
Total likes: 1392 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

We ran out of steam, simple... When you adopt a tempo and performance we did in the first half you need to go into the break with a lead, but 2 absolutely stunning goals by swp stopped that! The second half was inevitable when the third went it, in fact i was worried it would be more!

Chelsea showed the difference in quality and fair play to them

Oh and in January there was so much 'swp aint good enough' :lol: ... i blame you people for his performance tonight, he really showed you :lol:
78hammer

Post by 78hammer »

Great first half with good movement and passing. Dire second half, shambolic passing and defending! :evil: . NRC has to sit out the rest of the season shirley! We should have made a lot more from our endless supply of set pieces. Quality strike from the little genius but I expected more from Yossi.

The substitutions were pretty bizzare, but it's what i've come to expect of AC. I reckon we can still get out of it, but I'm not too fussed any more. Get it all over with and get rid of all of our dead weight.

Champions next season!!!
Russian Hammer

Post by Russian Hammer »

2nd half was a real nightmare. It was a question of passion!!!
Russian Hammer

Post by Russian Hammer »

What can you sat about Yossi? He is absolutely usefull all season!!!!!
Cambiasso

Post by Cambiasso »

The second half we were powerless because they closed us down. They gave us room to breathe in the first half. Second half, they finished us off. They were always going to be able to dictate the game ...