West Ham United 1 Chelsea 4 (18/04/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Had Green let the ball run free after saving Fatso's free kick it would have been cleared.

O fortune how you mock us
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Cambiasso wrote: That's great !!

I may actually consider flying out to see it then!

Thing is ... Poland doesn't really have any "real" stadiums ... appart from maybe Legia Warszawa's and Wisla Krakow's ... but even those leave much to be desired. How the hell are they going to host the Euro Cup?
Very good question and I don't think anyone has thought about that yet!!

We have a massive stadium here in Warsaw, just across the river, but it's currently used as the worlds largest jumble sale. This is good if you want to buy dodgy software or half a ton of crack cocaine but flippin useless for football matches. :)

The story goes that will be demolished and a new spunky stadium built in its place. Also new stadiums to be built in Gdansk, Krakow, Poznan, Wroclaw and Chorzow. Like anyone knows where the f*** they are!

Plus 17,000 miles of motorways, an underground system, 4,000 hotels..................

We're having enough trouble finding building companies as it is, this is really going to screw things up.

Still. Be good for country in the end.
Stratty

Post by Stratty »

Rubbish!

Things arent really looking that good for next year, just thinking, if curbs buys in a couple of useful people like boa morte and quashie then next year looks good doesnt it!?!
Cambiasso
Has liked: 244 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

scatts wrote: Very good question and I don't think anyone has thought about that yet!!

We have a massive stadium here in Warsaw, just across the river, but it's currently used as the worlds largest jumble sale. This is good if you want to buy dodgy software or half a ton of crack cocaine but flippin useless for football matches. :)

The story goes that will be demolished and a new spunky stadium built in its place. Also new stadiums to be built in Gdansk, Krakow, Poznan, Wroclaw and Chorzow. Like anyone knows where the f*ck they are!

Plus 17,000 miles of motorways, an underground system, 4,000 hotels..................

We're having enough trouble finding building companies as it is, this is really going to screw things up.

Still. Be good for country in the end.
I was recently in Poland (Dec 06 & Jan 07) so I know what you mean. I was at that abandoned stadium in Warsaw. It's a real dump! All they have there, as you said, is the bazaar. It's in a sorry state .. but I supposed a new stadium could be built there. Gdansk and Wroclaw are good places to build stadiums, because they are nice places for tourists.

The so called "autostrada" (highway) never came close to being finished. They sure have their work cut out for them -- especially with most of the construction workforce currently employed in England and Ireland! Ha...
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Exactly, but they'll work it out. In fact, on today's news I rekon most of them will come back home.

The other good side effect should be that we'll now have the big gigs (music concerts) in Warsaw, not in Katowice (4 hours drive South).
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Forget about getting rid of some of the Tossers wearing our shirt ,yoiur first priority must be to get rid of the two who share a brain cell, Curbs and Day, why in Gods name wasn't that useless c*** Coker subbed at half time, why wasn't Spector taken off or moved to centre half, he was getting mullered by Wrights little boy, at least Neill would have sat him on his arse a couple of times. I despair.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Just back

Always knew we wouldn't win this, but, is it just sour grapes that's making me raise all the effing simulation tonight. I go so far as to applaud SWP's two goals, especially the 2nd, but, the Chelsea team's behaviour all night was nauseating.

Win with style, or f*** off out of it, really.

Ho hum, at least the suspense is over.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

First half we played really well and if we had more composure could have been in the lead at half time. I felt we we were better team first half but Chelsea only need one chance to score. There first goal was class, good passing and a good shot from wright phillips. Cech should have saved Tevez shot but still a good goal. Didnt see chelseas second, as some geeza near me took a beating for running on the pitch, ****ing disgraceful the way he was treated.

Second half Chelsea just dominated, they were too class for us. We can say the ref was fussy with decisions but we were outclassed. Cant complain on our behalf either in my opinion, felt the lads gave it their all and tried hard, just Chelsea are so much better.

Good atmosphere tonight, especially injury time with "we are west hams claret and blue army." Hopefully chelsea wil get done for inciting the fans around our section. I hate Terry that smug prick, giving it when they scored, he is just a scummy chav ****. Obviously though we will get done for chucking drink, coins and bottles at them and they wont get in trouble.
kenthammer
Has liked: 251 likes
Total likes: 403 likes

Post by kenthammer »

not long been back and thought our first half display was superb but seems that chelsea made some changes 2nd half and we never seemed to have a plan b .
biggest gripe for me was the lack of basic skills by our lot,watch a chelski player control a ball and its there by his feet for distribution,watch ours and the ball goes 3ft to the left/right or in front giving the opposition the chance to be on him and rob the ball!
throwins-player in space then why keep throwing to waist/chest height and not to the feet,very little time in the prem so you need to use it wisely
passing to feet seems non existante sometimes[maybe for the above reasons our players cant control it]
gripe over[wish the season was :( ]
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Got back a few hours ago.

We gave it a good go tonight I thought (1st half was quite even). If we had just held out at 1-1 until half-time we might of had a chance. As soon as we went 3-1 down it was over.

As i've said for a while now I personally think we are going down. To have a chance of staying up we've got to win 3 out of 4 games left. We've got to beat Everton this Saturday so we can go to Wigan with some hope of staying up.

Thought the atmosphere from us was good tonight (even when we went 3-1and then 4-1 down).

Tevez had a really good game and worked hard. Even though Cech should of saved his shot it was still a very good strike. He is a fantastic player.

Other than his slip for Drogba's goal (the ****ing cheat) I thought Neill had another good game as did Benayoun and Noble.
hammer_sandwich

Post by hammer_sandwich »

Well I watched the game out here in Spain and although the scoreline flattered Chelsea a little the truth is we're just not good enough to handle a team with that much ability. Tevez's goal was top drawer but so were both SWP's goals. Chelsea were barely out of third gear tonight and they didn't need to be. The 3rd and 4th Chelsea goals were poor from our point of view but we just don't have the class to compete at that level once we're behind. We're down for sure but it wasn't tonight that relegated us. It's the performances against the bottom teams. This West Ham team just didn't motivate itself against the Watford/Charlton/Wigan/Sheff. Utd/ Fulham/Aston Villa/Man. Citys of this world and they deserve to be relegated.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Got back a few hours ago.

We gave it a good go tonight I thought (1st half was quite even). If we had just held out at 1-1 until half-time we might of had a chance. As soon as we went 3-1 down it was over.

As i've said for a while now I personally think we are going down. To have a chance of staying up we've got to win 3 out of 4 games left. We've got to beat Everton this Saturday so we can go to Wigan with some hope of staying up.

Thought the atmosphere from us was good tonight (even when we went 3-1and then 4-1 down).

Tevez had a really good game and worked hard. Even though Cech should of saved his shot it was still a very good strike. He is a fantastic player.

Other than his slip for Drogba's goal (the f*cking cheat) I thought Neill had another good game as did Benayoun and Noble.
i thought benayoun was ****ing *****
Tevez was ok, but he doesnt have to defend all the time :lol:
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by upton girlie »

THE GIBBINS wrote:
i thought benayoun was f*cking *****
Tevez was ok, but he doesnt have to defend all the time :lol:
Am sure he is a woman in drag........superb multi-tasker :wink:
hammer_sandwich

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Got back a few hours ago.

Other than his slip for Drogba's goal (the f*cking cheat) I thought Neill had another good game as did Benayoun and Noble.
I too thought Benayoun was poor. Have to admit that from the squad we had available Curbishley picked pretty much the team I would have ie Benayoun, Tevez, Noble and even Boa Morte although I would only have picked LBM because Etherington is awful and I thought maybe LBM would actually have his first good game for us. He didn't.

ps, where were Etherington and Ferdinand tonight?
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

I thought Benayoun though not great showed some nice touches. Oh well.

LBM was awful. Benayoun on the left, Bowyer on the right anyone?
Tevez was ok, but he doesnt have to defend all the time
Tevez was more than ok. He was once again at the heart of all our good moves.

I heard Ferdinand was injured. Not a clue about Etherington or Bowyer though.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:
how many good moves was that? :lol:

first half we had a couple :lol:
hammer_sandwich

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:I thought Benayoun though not great showed some nice touches. Oh well.

LBM was awful. Benayoun on the left, Bowyer on the right anyone?

I heard Ferdinand was injured. Not a clue about Etherington or Bowyer though.
Oh yeah, forgot about Bowyer (easy to do in my opinion). Curbishley is nothing if not strange when it comes to selections. People that aren't involved for weeks are suddenly in the team or captain and people that have been playing are suddenly not even in the squad. Tonight I actually thought Curbishley picked an ok side(which is rare for me to say , just that we're not good enough.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

When we were linked with him before we bought LBM and quashie etc etc....

'SWP is ****'
'SWP is overrated'
'I'd rather have Benayoun'

The guy is and always has been a class apart from what we have (Tevez aside) and would have been a coup.

Oh and....
paololeeds wrote:Fucksocks.
Is the best word I have ever heard :lol:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Oh.. and Benayoun was **** again.
hammer_sandwich

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:When we were linked with him before we bought LBM and quashie etc etc....

'SWP is ****'
'SWP is overrated'
'I'd rather have Benayoun'

The guy is and always has been a class apart from what we have (Tevez aside) and would have been a coup.
Oh and....
Is the best word I have ever heard :lol:
Absoloutely mate. Mind you, I do remember a few people saying on here that LBM was a good signing!