West Ham United 1 Chelsea 4 (18/04/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Wow LBM was awful. Surely another prem club wont be paying the 4-5 mill to buy him in the summer.. No chance in hell. Im guessing LBM is someone we will see alot of next season. Spector was useless as always. Guy has no footballing brain thats for sure. Benayoun was meh. Tevez of course was MOM. Cracking goal
hammer_sandwich

Post by hammer_sandwich »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Oh.. and Benayoun was **** again.

Unfortunately true. Benayoun was so anonymous that I fully expect to wake up one morning soon and find that he has murdered every patron in a docklands McDonalds.
Sam West Ham
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Sam West Ham »

agree on banni & boa, benni i thought was at fault for there 2nd goal, just cudnt be arsed to track back and tackle brigde... lazy c***

boa, i hope he goes in the summer...really **** buy
dornanhale

Post by dornanhale »

Solid proof that SWP caused our downfall this season...

Injures Ashton
Refuses to sign for us
Gains form and prevents a morale boosting, vital victory

B*stard!
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

NRC was awful, truly awful..

Yossi tried but wasn't good enough..

Tevez deserves better players around him ..

Noble was poor last night & gave the ball away a lot..

LBM done **** all but moan, as usual.

Defence looked all over, as they have for a lot of the season. Doesn't matter who the defence is, as soon as the oull that shirt on, it gives them, & me, the horrors.

Zamora was our best player & the Goalkeeper wasn't far behind him..

We just weren't good enough individually or collectively, again, & that's why we are getting relegated this Season !!!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Poor passing, lack of movement, woeful, shocking, ball watching defending and goal keepers who are not vocal enough are our biggest problems and until our coaches can correct these, we are always going to ship goals and chase matches. Personally, I'm not looking forward to next season and I think I might chase work overseas.
Neil's Orr

Post by Neil's Orr »

It must be that you get a different perspective at the game than watching on tv ... cos being there I thought NRC was head and shoulders our best midfielder last night ...

Benayoun had a couple of nice (ineffective) touches but was a lazy, ill disciplined **** all night and didnt track back for their second, LBM is just becoming a cross between Camara and Parris but not as effective.

Noble simply looked completely out of his depth, tried his heart out but that is all you can say really ... realise this is verging on blasphemous.

Up front, thought Zamora did his best and ran Terry ragged but his fluffed chance at the start of the second half ended any feint hope .. Tevez worked his nuts off again.

At the back, despite the populous view on here, unless Anton was injured - to drop him for Spector is one of the most laughable decisions Curbishley has made since he has been here. He and McCartney again tried their best but were hopelessly out classed ... Collins and Neill did well apart from the Neill slip.

Cant comment much on Green as he didnt really do much other than pick the ball out of his net.

Chelsea were their usual classless self ...
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Bill »

Talk about a game of 2 halves! :shock:

I thought we shaded it first half, but 2 great finishes were our undoing. They got a quick goal second half through a decent Lumplard free kick combined with sllooooow defending by us. From then on it was truly embarrassing. Chelsea totally outclassed us all over the pitch. Not a single West Ham player seemed able to pass 5 yards to his team mate or control the ball. :roll:

I expected to lose last night, but hoped we'd perform better. Will we ever produce a good 90 minute performance again?

It will amaze me if we receive any decent offers for any of our players. Tbh I can't wait for this nightmare of a season to end.
Fuselier

Post by Fuselier »

Green and Tevez are the only players to come out with any credit last night. And the only fan that had an excuse to leave on 60 mins last night was the one who nicked the linos flag.
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

hammer_sandwich wrote:

Unfortunately true. Benayoun was so anonymous that I fully expect to wake up one morning soon and find that he has murdered every patron in a docklands McDonalds.
He's got the skill, but his work-rate and ability/willingness to tackle are appalling. I can't wait until he moves on to the 'big' club that he deserves.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Green - 7
Didn't really do anything wrong, just seemed that every time he touched it he was picking it out of his net. Did well to save from Fat Frank's free kick.

Spector - 6
Didn't look great, seems to be poor going forward and seemed to give the ball away a lot.

Neill - 7
Not a centre back but didn't do bad against one of the top strikers in the country. Was unlucky with their 4th goal IMO.

Collins - 6
Looks solid defensively, but I think he'll be dissappointed with his attacking heading last night, really should have scored.

McCartney - 7
Not the greatest of players defensively, but he gives us width going forward, putting in some nice crosses. Skinned Lampard at one point. Miles better than Konch.

Benayoun - 5
Showed some nice link up play with Tevez, Noble and Zamora, but seemed to do little else, particularly at the back. Went missing for a good hour.

Noble - 6
Tried his heart out. Did some good passing at times, but seemed to get overwhelmed at others. When we're back in the Prem he'll be a class act, but at the mo teams like Chelsea are a little beyond him unfortunately.

Reo-Coker - 6
Usual uninspired performance from our capitain. Doesn't look interested.

Boa Morte - 5
Every time he gets the ball he loses it. Even when he beats a man and has a shot, you know it's not going to go in. I'd rather see Etherington play.

Tevez - 8
Ran his socks off again. Lots of good running, beating opponents, knocking the ball around well, tracking back. Deserved his goal.

Zamora - 7
Another decent game from Bobby, gave Terry a hard time, some good passing and hold up play.

Subs
Mullins - 6 - I saw him pass the ball forward. No really!
Cole - 5 - Well I saw him run onto the pitch, and then....
Kepa - 6 - It's a shame this guy doesn't ever get more than 5 mins, I'd like to be able to get a proper look at what he's about.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

westlondonhammer wrote:We ran out of steam, simple... When you adopt a tempo and performance we did in the first half you need to go into the break with a lead, but 2 absolutely stunning goals by swp stopped that! The second half was inevitable when the third went it, in fact i was worried it would be more!

Chelsea showed the difference in quality and fair play to them

Oh and in January there was so much 'swp aint good enough' :lol: ... i blame you people for his performance tonight, he really showed you :lol:
Absolutely right imo.

A pity that we didnt play with that tempo and technique away at Sheffield (or in half a dozen home matches I could mention) in which case we'd be staying up.
anjado
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by anjado »

Neil's Orr wrote:It must be that you get a different perspective at the game than watching on tv ... cos being there I thought NRC was head and shoulders our best midfielder last night ...

Benayoun had a couple of nice (ineffective) touches but was a lazy, ill disciplined sh*t all night and didnt track back for their second, LBM is just becoming a cross between Camara and Parris but not as effective.

Noble simply looked completely out of his depth, tried his heart out but that is all you can say really ... realise this is verging on blasphemous.

Up front, thought Zamora did his best and ran Terry ragged but his fluffed chance at the start of the second half ended any feint hope .. Tevez worked his nuts off again.

At the back, despite the populous view on here, unless Anton was injured - to drop him for Spector is one of the most laughable decisions Curbishley has made since he has been here. He and McCartney again tried their best but were hopelessly out classed ... Collins and Neill did well apart from the Neill slip.

Cant comment much on Green as he didnt really do much other than pick the ball out of his net.

Chelsea were their usual classless self ...
I agree i thought Reo Coker played well and was our best midfielder he is the only midfielder we have who constantly wins the ball. Benayoun was a big improvement on Bowyer but anyone would be.

We played well in the first half we were unlucky to be 1-2 down at half time. Should of had a penalty when it was 0-0 we went to sleep at the back i dont think any of our defenders were particuarly awful but without Ferdinand and Gabbidon we lack alot of pace at the back which probably could of stopped at least the 2ng goal. Say what you will about Ferdinand but he is much better then Spector we also havent kept a clean sheet in a game he has missed this season.

I was baffled by the substitutions they were all wrong. They came far too late they should of been made straight after there 3rd goal. He put Carlton Cole on the right wing ? honestly what was that about. He also went for 4-5-1 when we are two goals down. Doesen't curbishley realise we need points ? Our Goal differential is already ****ed so he might as well of gone all out and tried to at least push for a draw. What's the point of trying too keep the score down when it doesen't matter what we lose by ?

The last 30 minutes were pathetic and it was exemplified by Curbishley's lets hold out for a 1-4 loss mentality.
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

scatts wrote:We lost - no big surprise. But look on the bright side of today - Poland got Euro 2012!!

What? I'm the only one who lives there?

Tee Hee.

We've got spare beds if anyone's coming over. :)
I should imagine you've got spare cities with the amount of Polish over here.
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

chimchimcheroo wrote: I should imagine you've got spare cities with the amount of Polish over here.
Funny, and almost true! You guys should come over to Poland for 2012 just to get away from all the Poles!! :lol:
dornanhale

Post by dornanhale »

Reo Coker played well
The amount he gives the ball away in his own half is embarrassing, try watching the game again and you'll see how often he does it. Shocking
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

dornanhale wrote: The amount he gives the ball away in his own half is embarrassing, try watching the game again and you'll see how often he does it. Shocking
24 hours later, I am inclined to agree with you.

LBM was worse though.
anjado
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by anjado »

dornanhale wrote: The amount he gives the ball away in his own half is embarrassing, try watching the game again and you'll see how often he does it. Shocking
Maybe well was too strong of a word i mean't to say he wasn't that bad. Yes his passing needs to improve but once it does he will be a very good player. im just used to people saying he was one of our worst players even when he isn't . I also thought he was better then Noble today.