West Ham United 1 Everton 0 (21/04/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

This is the game I've been least looking forward to all season. Everton are on the up and we're on a massive downer. The fact that smug b*llocks' side are playing Sheff Utd tomorrow gets into the minds of our players even more, as if either side gets a victory, that pretty much bangs the final nail in the coffin...

0 - 2 Everton

P.S - C'mon thy Blades. :lol:
D&G

Post by D&G »

1-1 at BEST!
otter_of_despair

Post by otter_of_despair »

Whilst there's still a small possibility of staying up we need to field our strongest side but if we get anything less than a win I would like to see us fielding only players that are likely to stick around next year.
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

otter_of_despair wrote:Whilst there's still a small possibility of staying up we need to field our strongest side but if we get anything less than a win I would like to see us fielding only players that are likely to stick around next year.
3 against 11 just ain't fair :shock: :D
NE hammer

Post by NE hammer »

Side of Ham wrote: 3 against 11 just ain't fair :shock: :D
I'm struggling as to who the 3 might be.
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

NE hammer wrote: I'm struggling as to who the 3 might be.
Noble, Linda and F*ck Yeah.
antony
Tory boy
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by antony »

I think we will win this one. The only reason I think this is that im convinced West Ham will prolong the agony for as long as possible before the inevitability of relegation :lol:
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

NE hammer wrote: I'm struggling as to who the 3 might be.
Nobel, Noblé and Noble
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

D&G wrote:1-1 at BEST!
When we played blackburn in october i said 2-0 to them at worst. Next match we beat arsenal.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1312 likes

Post by davids cross »

From O/S...

20/04/2007 16:00
Alan Curbishley was pleased with Carlos Tevez's performance against Chelsea on Wednesday and is looking for more of the same from the Argentine against Everton tomorrow.

"I think he did respond after the Sheffied United game," said Curbs. "His endeavours, certainly at home, have really mattered and it was important he was on his game against Chelsea.

"He wasn't on it against Sheffield United and it was a really subdued performance - not just from him but from everyone. We put in a good performance against Chelsea but we haven't picked up the points."

Curbs also provided an update on Dean Ashton's progress - and mentioned just how much the Hammers have missed him this season. "He had another operation to clear out some scar tissue a few weeks ago," said Curbs. "We're very confident that he'll be up and running again in a couple of weeks. He's been in a better frame of mind since the operation.

"There's been a lot of talk about Michael Owen but Dean Ashton's been out for almost as long. He's been a big miss for us. He was injured on FA duty so there is a procedure for compensation and I'm sure we're involved in that.

"Ever since I've been here he's felt a niggle. He wasn't happy with it at all. He's been a lot happier since he's had the operation and he's confident that when he starts, that'll be it."

Thankfully, there aren't any fresh injury concerns for Curbs ahead of tomorrow's game.

"Anton has trained today; he picked up groin injury from the Sheffield United game," he said. "We didn't pick up any other injuries on Wednesday. We have all our players available apart from the long-term injuries. The bench changed a bit on Wednesday and it might be shaken up again tomorrow."
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Can,t keep it a secret any longer its Ginge that will get the first goal tommorrow .......................now watch the odds plummit !
St Evenage Matt

Post by St Evenage Matt »

Match preview on

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=2322

I've gone for 3-3.
Hammerton

Post by Hammerton »

Crunch time - If we win I will allow my belief to continue. Lets hope Tevez keeps scoring.
I think we should have Ferdinand back, leave Bowyer, Etherington and Spector at least on the bench. I reckon Boa Morte should sub Zamora when he starts to struggle but don't play Boa Morte from the start. Put Harewood on instead of Kepa for Tevez if we have to. Hopefully we can leave him on. I think Yossi should play, he appeared to work hard at Chelsea He links with Tevez like Zamora has started to. I'll stop it - my ramblings go on for ever.
youknowme54

Post by youknowme54 »

anybody know if the game is on online
? ive looked but doesnt seem to be on :s
Hammerton

Post by Hammerton »

I've heard radio 5 are doing the game commentry which is a reslt for me cos I got to work Saturday
kosherhammer
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by kosherhammer »

Hammerton wrote:I've heard radio 5 are doing the game commentry which is a reslt for me cos I got to work Saturday
That's a surprise. Thought they would do the Charlton/Sheffield game. Guess they know something we don't.
Hammerton

Post by Hammerton »

Oh great - I hope your not right about that as I'm gutted enough about being at work, listening to the commentry was my only consolation!
kosherhammer
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by kosherhammer »

I don't know what game they're doing but these two should be on, if not on 5 live maybe 5 live sports extra. Do you have a digital radio?

Or stream it from the BBC website.
Hammerton

Post by Hammerton »

At work no streaming but I have a DAB.
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

otter_of_despair wrote:Whilst there's still a small possibility of staying up we need to field our strongest side but if we get anything less than a win I would like to see us fielding only players that are likely to stick around next year.
Likewise, so I if we fail to win, i would start agaisnt wigan: green, mccartney, collins, davenport, neill(please), bowyer(wish he wasn't), noble, mullins, etherington, zamora, cole.