West Ham United 1 Everton 0 (21/04/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cambiasso
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

I think Curbs should keep Tevez on the field the entire 90 minutes. If he's tired, just let him play a deeper role and bring in another striker. He's a better passer of the ball than some of our actual midfielders.

Anyone want that lazy ___ Yossi on the team?
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Cambiasso wrote:I think Curbs should keep Tevez on the field the entire 90 minutes. If he's tired, just let him play a deeper role and bring in another striker. He's a better passer of the ball than some of our actual midfielders.

hes a better passer than all our midfielders, not just some :lol:

your right though, we need Tevez, hes the only player who can open everton up. I dont want yossi in the team either, he dont want to play for us so he can go f*** himself.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Cambiasso wrote:I think Curbs should keep Tevez on the field the entire 90 minutes. If he's tired, just let him play a deeper role and bring in another striker. He's a better passer of the ball than some of our actual midfielders.

Or Tevez can do what Messi done the other day and he wont need anyone to pass to... I mean he is a world class complete striker who has the abilities to do that sort of thing :wink:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

westlondonhammer wrote: Or Tevez can do what Messi done the other day and he wont need anyone to pass to... I mean he is a world class complete striker who has the abilities to do that sort of thing :wink:
And I think I said on another thread that I really didn't rate Messi that much, or words to that effect. :oops:
Cambiasso
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

westlondonhammer wrote: Or Tevez can do what Messi done the other day and he wont need anyone to pass to... I mean he is a world class complete striker who has the abilities to do that sort of thing :wink:
He has the ball control, but not the pace, in my opinion. Also, one thing is having the ability to do a play like that, another thing is doing it. Neither Messi, nor Maradona, could do a play like that on command. What's important however, is good judgement and intuition -- knowing when to give it a shot or not. In an interview, Messi was explaining how it wasn't his intention from the beginning to do such a play. He just saw a space and went with it ... when he approached the box he said he was looking for Eto'o and Giuly, but saw a space that he could squeeze through and attempted it ... the rest you know. Thinking on the fly.

If Tevez didn't have to run all over the damn pitch, we'd see much more trickery and ability from him. Unfortunately that's not the reality that's being lived on the pitch every match... as he spends every ounce of energy running like a madman and doing what the midifield and defense are supposed to be doing. I was shocked when I saw he was the last man to beat (appart from Green) at Chelsea the other night !!! Good thing he made a successful tackle, otherwise it could have been 5-1 !
Royal Blue Jersey

Post by Royal Blue Jersey »

Alright my hammers fans it's that time of year again.
Everton vs. West Ham, should be a cracker for all sorts of reasons. So, I'm here to give my Everton perspective.

I had hope for West Ham. They are easily the best team in probably the whole bottom half and yet they find themselves rooted firmly in the bottom 3. Why is that? Well, I think it demonstrates the importance of mental fitness, and team spirit. Everton have that in abudance. We didn't finish 4th two seasons ago because we had Gerrard or Lampard but because we had a team that fought for each other and believed in what it was doing. There are simply too many players who don't like each other in the West Ham team, or that's the sense I'm getting, and their egos are simply too big. But anyway this is just an outsider's guess and I'm sure you lot will know alot more about the current situations off the pitch, but back on it.

I am particularily wanting an away win because you battered us last season at home in the truly depressing encounter at GP I was unfortunate enough to witness. 1 goal ahead, then al Davey Weir scores an OG and then Bobby Zamora pops up and wins it. From a home supporter's view it was utter ***** no possesion, no shots, we were a joke (Coincidentally, Reo Coker was outstanding in the match I thought, now he is hated?). At Upton Park however we were all treated to a sumptuous day's football, I thought all 4 goals were excellent especially Ossie's. I was expecting defeat and I was chuffed with a draw. What does that say for us last season?

So now the tables have turned. West Ham, everyone's favourites last season (I became a Hammer on cup final day before no.1 TWAT stevie G equalised, the badger-faced little ****) have simply crumbled and I have to admit it's a sad sight. I do feel quietly optimistic about our chances tommorow. Joleon Lescott, signed from Wolves (Dont know how much you hammers know about him, funny lookin head, bout 24) has been absolutely outstanding and is a dead cert for England in the future I'm certain. Stubbs has been excellent too and our defence is looked very assured. I think the player to watch for the hammers would obviously be Tevez (although I've always admired Reo Coker & Benayoun, they are [were] great players) as he has the ability to open up any team but trust me, if he is against Lescott he will get no joy. He is just brilliant.

In midfield we have Arteta & Manny Fernandes, who should both be back, and they are great also. The rest of our team is hit and miss, even AJ has his really bad off days. If West Ham can get stuck into Fernandes & Arteta early then you will have a chance with stifling the midfield. But anyway we are in the position we're in because so many players have been bang in form; Carsley, McFadden, Arteta, Cahill, Lescott, Stubbs, Howard. Most of us blues have a real nervy feeling about this game and a draw is NOT acceptable. I hope we go for, and get, all 3 points. I am genuine when I say we don't understimate West Ham at all.

I do think we will win 0-2; it's the fairest prediction I can make, we have been unbeaten for 7 games now. But it is definately easy to cause an upset, if you get an early goal we are usually hopeless at coming back from it. Anyway, here's to an open, honest game of football tommorow.
COYB. Enjoy yourselves hammers.
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Royal Blue Jersey wrote: but trust me, if he is against Lescott he will get no joy. He is just brilliant.
Is this the same Lescott that played half the Bolton team onside the other day from a free kick?
Royal Blue Jersey

It was indeed Jon but we can give him one cock up a season can't we? :lol: Judge him yourself tommorow if you want, you going?
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

I rate Lescott from what i have of Everton this season, but i also think Tevez can give him the run around quite easily. :D

Tevez is our only hope when attacking :lol:
Royal Blue Jersey

I have to say, dont know how wrong I am, that I thought Harewood was brilliant last season and I would have been really happy to sign him, he scored something like 18 goals didn't he? Just a fluke season or is he just been unlucky this season?
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Royal Blue Jersey wrote:It was indeed Jon but we can give him one cock up a season can't we? :lol: Judge him yourself tomorow if you want, you going?
Was just bringing it up cos I thought it was bloody hilarious (well I gotta laugh at something this season!!)

even made the top 20 comedy moments in this fellas video:

at 3:19 (i quite like the Romania "Slim Shady" part)
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Harewoods an inconsistent player, who relies heavily on confidence. Usually starts every season slow and once he gets his first usually takes off. Which has not hapened this year and he has been *****. He has been off form but most of it is probably down to being sussed out as he usally relies on his power. Two goals for a striker is awful, but then i would definately keep him for the championship. :lol:
Royal Blue Jersey

hey mate we got Beattie, surely the worst striker to ever have "graced" the prem? he is absolutely awful. Please take him :P

So anyway. What do you think the lineup will be (usually, let's be honest, it's far from what we WANT it to be)
Roaring Repka

Post by Roaring Repka »

I have a renewed sense of optimism once more. I think the fans are going to be singing non-stop from first to final whistle and I really believe it will be enough to spur them on to victory. 2-0 West Ham and goals for BZ and Nobes, I suddenly have a hunch on, and we will live to fight another day...

then probably lose to Wigan rendering a draw with Bolton and win at Old Trafford too little, too late, but we don't need to think about that now!
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Cold bottles of Becks inthe fridge for the journey
Taxi booked for 7.15
Train 7.50
Cards for the journey
Another Sat morning setting off in hope
Banter on the train with any gooners/spuds
Dodge the Cardiff at Paddington (they are at QPR today)
Brekkie in Stepney Green
....................................ahhhh another fulfilling Saturday !
coviron

Post by coviron »

Allways a pleasure to here the views of intelligent opposition fans RBJ, Reading chavs take note.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Beattie under presssure and without a goal for ages? 'If you are without a goal and noone else can help you! You need... duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh, da duh duh duh duh, da duh duh duh duh... the West Ham team!'. Watch him score at least a brace today!
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

coviron wrote:Allways a pleasure to here the views of intelligent opposition fans RBJ, Reading chavs take note.
Agree completely...

Now back to the game...

I am really nervous about today

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Can't see anything oyher than another depressing defeat with relegation virtually assured. I'll go for 1-3 to Ecerton.

:cry:
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

BondsoBob wrote:Can't see anything oyher than another depressing defeat with relegation virtually assured. I'll go for 1-3 to Ecerton.

:cry:
Everton even !