West Ham United 1 Everton 0 (21/04/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

kthammer wrote: we were a little lucky because Everton missed four good chances second half. We were also very poor at times in using possession in the final third and kept letting them back at us. It felt like last season...
But then we missed some great chances too...

Id say for most of hte second ahlf we looked more like getting a second than they did equalising
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

kthammer wrote: we were a little lucky because Everton missed four good chances second half. We were also very poor at times in using possession in the final third and kept letting them back at us. It felt like last season...
But then we missed some great chances too...

Id say for most of hte second ahlf we looked more like getting a second than they did equalising
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Tim Howard, second half when he was infront of the BML :lol: :lol: :lol:

whenever he took a kick or went to get the ball when it came in our stand, we were all shouting "****! ****! willy! ****! boob! tits!" :lol: :lol:
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

THE GIBBINS wrote:Tim Howard, second half when he was infront of the BML :lol: :lol: :lol:

whenever he took a kick or went to get the ball when it came in our stand, we were all shouting "c*nt! c*nt! willy! ****! boob! tits!" :lol: :lol:
Well that's just rude.
issi

Post by issi »

THE GIBBINS wrote:Tim Howard, second half when he was infront of the BML :lol: :lol: :lol:

whenever he took a kick or went to get the ball when it came in our stand, we were all shouting "c*nt! c*nt! willy! ****! boob! tits!" :lol: :lol:
Your recollection is differnet to mine, and I am well pissed, I seem to remember Howard being in front of the CL second half, Howard give us a wave................**** c*nt s*** c8nt give us a wave.
issi

Post by issi »

Your recollection is differnet to mine, and I am well pissed, I seem to remember Howard being in front of the CL second half, Howard give us a wave................**** c*nt s*** c8nt give us a wave.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

issi wrote: Your recollection is differnet to mine, and I am well pissed, I seem to remember Howard being in front of the CL second half, Howard give us a wave................sh*t c*nt s*** c8nt give us a wave.
nah we were shooting towards the bml in the second half. Lay off the beer :lol:
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

THE GIBBINS wrote:
So how's your hangover this morning - :lol:

Where Cattleprod or whatever his name is found 6 minutes of 2nd half injury time is beyond me. Sure he must have be a fan of Ken Dodd when he was a kid :evil:
issi

Post by issi »

See what that devil alchahol does to your mind :shock:
Hangover not too bad, take headache tabs before you go to bed, it helps in the morning :lol:
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

This was a far better team performance. They worked hard for each other and looked organised and commited. We closed Everton down very effectively and worked openings for ourselves. A comfortable win I thought.

Z-man's goal deserved to win any game, fair play to Benayoun for the cheeky back-heel to provide the opportunity. One of the most pleasing things for me about Z-man's improvement, has been how difficult he is to knock off the ball. He was all elbows and flailing arms, arguing over fair challenges he had come off second best from, last year. He has dropped the silly ego b*llocks and worked hard at his game and is reaping the rewards. His partnership with Tevez, who provides vital width on the right and industry couple with intelligent passing, is bearing fruit for us. All this while Z-man plays through injury. I hope he can keep going to the end.

The defence looked like a unit and the central two, Collins and Ferdinand both had good games. Neill was as robust as ever and McCartney took the game to Everton whenever opportunity allowed.

Nige continued his revival with strong challenging and ran all game, getting forward to far better effect and was denied a goal with a last moment block. Benayoun gave the ball away sloppily at times but was buzzing around far more effectively and with a little more confidence could have got a couple for himself. Noble did well and Etherington harried back when needed.

Green didn't have his greatest game but didn't have that much to do. Well done West Ham.

So, to Wigan.

Another must-win and yesterday's performance should give us confidence as it was a genuine team display. In front of what should be a very loud travelling support, it promises to be a cracker.

F*cking come on West Ham :crest:
DjBelz

Post by DjBelz »

a side-note, but surely we can put the better (4wins from 6) performances down to having a far more consistent team with players staying fit. I know a lot of the focus has been on attitude and application, but I think we can't underestimate the benefits of a stable squad..
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

DjBelz wrote:a side-note, but surely we can put the better (4wins from 6) performances down to having a far more consistent team with players staying fit. I know a lot of the focus has been on attitude and application, but I think we can't underestimate the benefits of a stable squad..
It certainly helps.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

A great performance and a fantastic win.

Everton were poor but we closed them down quickly and attacked with pace and purpose.

I thought McCartney, Neill and Collins were outstanding at the back. McCartney was my MOTM. Reo-Coker was making some great drives through the middle, Tevez had Everton on the run and Zamora once again worked his nuts off upfront and scored that fantastic goal. I also thought the atmosphere from us was good.

We've now got a chance of staying up. We go to Wigan next Saturday knowing if we beat them we will go on the same points as them. We've got to beat Wigan.