West Ham United 3 Bolton 1 (05/05/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

braindead

Post by braindead »

not sure if this has been said yet, but a possible scenario where we are safe before the last game. if villa, and i say if villa beat sheff utd by 6-0 and charlton fail to beat tottneham then aren't we safe?

ont he game today, well down boys. they fought for everything. tevez just keeps going. all of them played well can hardly beleive we are in this position now. i had given up ages ago.
Fader

Post by Fader »

Risky game on which to make your match thread debut, you realise you risk the chance of being lynched if it goes against us
guess i WAS a lucky charm a :)
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

braindead wrote:not sure if this has been said yet, but a possible scenario where we are safe before the last game. if villa, and i say if villa beat sheff utd by 6-0 and charlton fail to beat tottneham then aren't we safe?
Not if we get stuffed at OT
Demo
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Demo »

Kludgehammer wrote:Wgan's goal difference is worse than Sheff U's - they can only overtake them if Villa stuff them badly.
Not true. Sheffield United are currently -19 and Wigan are -23. If Villa put a couple past Sheff Utd (not a stuffing in anyone's book) then it makes it -21/-23. If Sheff Utd attempt to let Wigan win then one goal to Wigan makes GD even (-22 each).

If we are getting any kind of result at Man Utd (and they weren't pulling up any trees at City today) then Sheff Utd risk Wigan nicking another goal and relegating them. I do not think that Warnock is THAT stupid.
Last edited by Demo on Sat May 05, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

braindead wrote:not sure if this has been said yet, but a possible scenario where we are safe before the last game. if villa, and i say if villa beat sheff utd by 6-0 and charlton fail to beat tottneham then aren't we safe?

ont he game today, well down boys. they fought for everything. tevez just keeps going. all of them played well can hardly beleive we are in this position now. i had given up ages ago.
With Wigan 3 points behind us then we cant guarentee safety until after next weeks games.
braindead

Post by braindead »

Kludgehammer wrote: Not if we get stuffed at OT
ok if charlton don't win, they can't go above us. if sheff utd get stuff 6-0 then they have the same goal dif as us, but we have scored more (thats the next thing they go to right?). so we are above both sheff and wigan. at the end of the season only one can go above us.
dmyeo66

Post by dmyeo66 »

Just heard that Fulham should have been down to 10 men due to the head butt from Michael Brown on Alonso. Also the Fulham goal was well off side!! They say that it was the Beatles memorial team sponsored by Liverpool that turned up for Pool.

Sue I say Sue them.

:lol:
johnk1
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by johnk1 »

Lets be honest here guys - we are taking the fight down to the last match, who honestly thought we'd be doing that after the Spurs game?

Fantastic effort from the lads these past 6 weeks. Wouldn't it be so typically West Ham to go down on goal difference?
17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

fkiely wrote: I think you're right mate, we need a point in OT. For want of refraining my language, Rafa really 'frustrates' me.. :evil:
Why is everyone having such a pop at Liverpool. We did exactly the same last year v Pompey. I'm sure loads of teams down there last year were cursing us.

IMO the mickeys earnt the right to field a weakened team......
Anton's Angels

Post by Anton's Angels »

'Finally, I can relax,' he says sparking up some fine Thai after a sensational performance by the Hammers. Amazing! I know our future is still somewhat precarious and we need results going in our favour to stay up. Nevertheless, I'm happy to see West Ham play the way West Ham should - with passion guile and pace. I'm going to enjoy this moment regardless of what happens elsewhere. Come on you Irons!!!

To Yossi, Noble, Tevez and thier relentless workrate and aptitude! :doff:

Now, where's my lighter? :lol:
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

I hate goal difference. Damn those extra goals at Charlton,Bolton,Reading,Newcastle,Man City.

However, we have given ourselves a better chance of survival then we had in 2003. We are in the driving seat. Screw the fact that the game is against Man Utd, hopefully they will have the title wrapped up by next week.

My concern is Sheff Utd V Wigan. On the back of the Legal Action Tevez situation, its not an unlikely scenario that Sheff Utd attempt to conspire with Wigan to send us down. IE allow Wigan take them out, and hope Utd beat us, then we are screwed. I dont think its beyond the realm of possibility. Hence We nee Sheff Utd to remain very competitve in the Relegation Zone come the last day. If they only need a point I feel that they may be able to get it and as such that will keep us up regardless of the outcome. I think 50 % of our fate rests on the game between Sheff Utd v Aston Villa. Hopefully Villa will do us a massive favour and beat the beggers. Beating Sheff Utd will ensure their competitiveness for next week
wolverine
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by wolverine »

there is another secnario

man u (88) are 8 points ahead of chelscum (80), say chelscum win at l'arse and beat man u midweek, that puts them on 86 points with 1 to play,

all man u need is 1 point against us on the final day and the title is theirs due to their far better goal difference (+17 better at the moment)

all we need is 1 point to be assured of saftey

there you have it, curbs gets on the blower to his old mate sir alex and bob's your uncle, plus we can promise not to win and fergie can rest a few for the fa cup final knowing he will win the title :lol:
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

wolverine wrote:there is another secnario

man u (88) are 8 points ahead of chelscum (80), say chelscum win at l'arse and beat man u midweek, that puts them on 86 points with 1 to play,

all man u need is 1 point against us on the final day and the title is theirs due to their far better goal difference (+17 better at the moment)

all we need is 1 point to be assured of saftey

there you have it, curbs gets on the blower to his old mate sir alex and bob's your uncle, plus we can promise not to win and fergie can rest a few for the fa cup final knowing he will win the title :lol:
:lol: didnt think of that! how do you like those apples Colin? :lol:
one fine morning....

Post by one fine morning.... »

just got back...superb result but can't help thinking we could have won it four or five nil.

credit to NRC, led by example today. got the boys in a huddle pre-match to psyche them up and i think it showed the way we came out. obviously had an injury after half-time but refused to come off until curbs had no choice. on a side point, it was nice to see him making the mascots day by talking to each one in the pre-match kick about and involving them.

ferdinand was imperious and his decision-making has picked up in recent weeks.

harewood was also great as substitute. worked hard and nearly squeezed in a fourth. even won some headers.

top class.
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Just got in and we absolutely steam rollered them first half, the second half was a bit more nervy, but Ferdinand and Collins dealt with nearly everything thrown at them without any major scares.

Pretty galling when you see how high up Bolton are in the table.

It's all in our hands now, that is all we can ask for!
youknowme54

Post by youknowme54 »

for tevezs first goal does he go to curbs and hug him? cant mamke out who it is
SL

Post by SL »

youknowme54 wrote:for tevezs first goal does he go to curbs and hug him? cant mamke out who it is
I thought it was Mullins.

Or was it the black dude on the backroom staff.
Shanghai Hammer

Post by Shanghai Hammer »

Some people won't agree with this but I made a huge bet today that we will go down on the basis that I will pay a lot of money to see Tevez and Ashton up front next year.

Come on you Irons...
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

Shanghai Hammer wrote:Some people won't agree with this but I made a huge bet today that we will go down on the basis that I will pay a lot of money to see Tevez and Ashton up front next year.

Come on you Irons...
What odds?
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

just got back, 2 beers down me and neck .... all I can say is WOW :tits:

voice has gone - it's been replaced by a strange feeling of hope

Long Live Eggy