LC2: Bristol Rovers 1 West Ham Utd 2 (28/08/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

davids cross wrote:McCartney was clearly hobbling off when he was replaced..........didn't look too serious but that was the reason for him coming off.
His ankle probably got sore from carrying LBMs fat worthless 5 million dollar ass all night long
Chris Dino

Post by Chris Dino »

I though McCartney was excellent tonight. He's really improving. But i still don't buy it from Curbishley that we have proper cover there. Think we need Shorey.

Bellamy looked great today. His pace was always going to trouble them. But it was his passing that particuarly impressive.

As for Dyer, broken bones have nothing to do with being injury prone. It was very very unlucky. At least he won't be on his own during his rehabilitation. It must be getting pretty crowded in that treatment room!

I have a soft spot for Zamora, sometimes he looks very good on the ball and his hold up/link play is excellent. Unfortunately his finishing has never matched this and therefore i'm just not sure he is premiership quality. A decent enough player to have on the bench though.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Sad news about Dyer but can anyone say they are surprised? This guy is clearly jinxed (did he steal something from Tutankamen's tomb?) and we shouldn't have touched him with a barge pole.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

We lost all control of the game when Zamora started playing as a fifth midfielder in the 2nd half. We could not hold on to the ball up front and constantly surrendered possession. We are just lucky that we were not playing a better team.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Tel The Hammer wrote:I missed the tackle in the pub earlier...

Just see it again on SSN and it was definitely meant. As Dyer was moving away the dirty c*nt kicked out at Dyer's standing leg and you could see it break.

The FA should be brought in to have a butchers at it. They'll hopefully do the right thing and punish the dirty c*nt.

At first I didn't understand what Curbishley was on about in the interview, but now I've seen it again I agree - f*cking terrible.
Sky Sports annoyed me last night, rather than replay the incident and let us decide for ourselves, they just got Chris "Pube Head" Kamara to 'talk us through it' and say that it wasn't intentional, which of course with Kamara being the genius that he is must have been true.
sgt_squirrel

Post by sgt_squirrel »

i watched this in the pub last night, and there was one bloke in there, hes in there for most west ham matches, who constantly c**** off the team, usually you can block him out, but last night he was worse than usual, he was getting pissed off and shouting at the screen after 41 secs cos weren't passing the ball forward, its people like him who piss me off royally.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

sendô wrote: Sky Sports annoyed me last night, rather than replay the incident and let us decide for ourselves, they just got Chris "Pube Head" Kamara to 'talk us through it' and say that it wasn't intentional, which of course with Kamara being the genius that he is must have been true.

like indeed kamara has the right to talk about that, wasn't he the **** who tackled a former west ham player so badly that he had to finish his career? :evil: :evil:
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Was a right laugh. "He is West Hams claret and blue army" and plenty of noise at times from the other people on the terrace but overall I thought the fans were a bit quite.

Boa Morte....... **** me he is a frustrating player
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Player ratings for last night?

Wright - 7 - Looked solid, good distribution, a couple of good saves.
Neill - 6 - Still looked out of match practice but a good ball for the second goal
Ferdinand - 6 - Still looks a bit unconvincing even with little goal threat for 2/3 of the match
Gabbidon - 6 - Did nothing outstanding but reasonably solid
McCartney - 6 - The odd run up field but little more.
Bowyer - 6 - did ok as cover for the injured Dyer and tracked back. Improved since pre-season but isn't a winger.
Mullins - 6 - Solid display and won the ball for the first goal.
Noble - 6 - An average display for his standards.
Boa Morte - 6 - Did some ok runs but tended to over-elaborate
Zamora - 5 - Just didn't seem to get into the game. Needs a goal to go in off his arse.
Bellamy - 8 - Quick and finished well, despite an injury.

Subs:
Dyer - ? - can't really judge from such a short time on the pitch.
Cole - 3 - Must be sold, he is appalling, was pre-season too. No-one will buy or loan going by this display.
Collins - 7 - Looked good, as usual, when he came on. Should maybe replace Ferdinand in first X1.