West Ham Utd 3 Middlesbrough 0 (15/09/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Harewood-3.16

West Ham Utd 3 Middlesbrough 0 (15/09/07)

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Well only 5 days till the next match and the awfully boring and pointless international break is over. Australia get the Hammers live for the 5th match in a row. Were on a roll folks. Any news on Parker, Freddies fitness. Anyway heres how id line up

Green
Neill Upson Anton Linda
Freddie Noble Parker Ethers
Bellamy Camara

Bench: Wright Gabbidon Boa Morte Mulluns Ashton

If Camara was ever gonna get a game surely now is it. Boros defence is slow and he can exploit it. Ashton, Zamora both arnt 100% fit or close to it atm it seems. Would be a good chance for him to debut and see what hes got. Sub him off for Ashton at the 60th minute I say. Midfield looks alot stronger if Parker is back.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

That Camera's too flash to start with...

He needs to focus more before he gets into our team..

We did do well getting don't get me wrong, especially after the late interest from Lens, but Ashton to start for me....

:oops:
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

I'd like to see Camara come on for Deano second half. Think Dean could really cause that defence all kinds of problems. I expect us to win this one fairly comfortably.

Not sure about Ljungberg/Parker but doubt they're full-fit yet, based on what was said earlier this week.

..............................Green...............................
Neill...............Upson......Ferdinand.....McCartney
Solano............Noble......Mullins........Etherington
.....................Bellamy...Ashton.......................

Subs: Wright, Gabbidon, Boa Morte, Camara, Zamora
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Green
Neill - Upson - Ferdinand - McCartney
Solano - Noble - Mullins - Etherington
Bellamy - Ashton

Subs:

Wright
Spector
Parker
LBM
Camara

not the way I would want it but still.....
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I agree with Sanchoz's 16, but possibly with Bobby on the bench in place of Camara.

It'll be interesting to see if Linda/Matty's partnership so far can be emulated on the right. Solano has an accurate pass on him, although I don't know if his pace will take him past many fullbacks anymore.

He'd be up against Luke Young if he plays.
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

It's a fixture we usually do well in.
I've been a little concerned with our inability to penetrate teams when they sit a little deep thus far this season.
However, Boro will come for the 3 points and I expect the quality we have on the pitch to exploit the space get the points.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

prophet:marginal wrote: He'd be up against Luke Young if he plays.
Would that not be Ethers? Or have Boro been playing Young on the left?
KierZ
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by KierZ »

Hopefully start with deano and sub him around 55th minute. should give a boost to him if he is starting games. take him off when he starts getting tired and camara should inject another breath of fresh air into the team.

apart from that i can imagine the same team just with the wingers pushed further up the pitch to again take advantage of the quick break
polar
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by polar »

BubbleBoy wrote:It's a fixture we usually do well in.
I've been a little concerned with our inability to penetrate teams when they sit a little deep thus far this season.
However, Boro will come for the 3 points and I expect the quality we have on the pitch to exploit the space get the points.
Do you think so? I think Boro will keep it tight. It will be a case of trying to break them down.
happyhammer7

Post by happyhammer7 »

I am quite confident that our first home win will be against this lot. I am going to go for 2-1 I think. I can see them nicking a goal but nutter with the putter is going to roll them in :wink:
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:That Camera's too flash to start with...

He needs to focus more before he gets into our team..

We did do well getting don't get me wrong, especially after the late interest from Lens, but Ashton to start for me....

:oops:
Heard he's a bit negative. Maybe we should wait and see how he develops :wink:
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Status Kev wrote: Heard he's a bit negative. Maybe we should wait and see how he develops :wink:
The good thing about Camera is that he will click with any of our strikers!
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

For this game it will be important to have abit of quality in the middle of the park... Boro will probably come here looking to grind out a point and so having someone who can do something positive with the ball in the middle will be important! If this was an away game, I would expect to see Mullins in the middle, but as it is a home game I would expect to see someone with more of a positive game in there! Ljungberg, Solano and Camara should all be back and I would probably expect to see at least 2 of them included! I would hope to see the following line-up:

----------------------Green-----------------------
Neill-----Ferdinand------Upson------McCartney
Solano-----Ljungberg----Noble----Etherington
------------Ashton---------Bellamy

subs: Wright, Gabbidon, Camara, LBM, Mullins

Considering the time Parker has been out, even if he was close to fitness I doubt it would be worth risking him
Despite Bowyer playing well in the previous 2 games, Solano provides more to the team and I expect him to provide enough quality to give ashton and bellamy a few opportunities
Collins and Gabbidon are obviously close to match fitness (especially after the international games), but i think Ferdinand deserves his spot in the team
Etherington deserves to be in there without doubt
Ljungberg should provide us with some much needed positive quality in the middle of the field
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

So Bowyer has vanished from everyones 16, nevermind the starting 11 then...
Fry

Post by Fry »

carnage wrote:So Bowyer has vanished from everyones 16, nevermind the starting 11 then...
Just what i was thinking, funny seeing as hes the only one to notch a goal at Upton Park this season.

As much as people can't stand to say it LBM and Bowyer changed the game for us at Wigan.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

carnage wrote:So Bowyer has vanished from everyones 16, nevermind the starting 11 then...
Who would you have him in for? Solano is a better right-midfielder and Ljungberg, Parker and Boa Morte are all better midfield options from the bench.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Whufc06 wrote: The good thing about Camera is that he will click with any of our strikers!
At last, Brothers......... :lol: :lol:
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by Het-Field »

I think Curbs will stick with the 11 he started with at Reading. I mean if you change a side that has just won 3-0 then your mad
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 177 likes

Post by James P »

Fry wrote: Just what i was thinking, funny seeing as hes the only one to notch a goal at Upton Park this season.
Perhaps if he wasn't there we'd have scored some more goals.

Finally looked like he really is a professional footballer this season, but he's still well overdrawn on the balance of good performances and bad performances for West Ham.

Give the new boys their chance
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

yes... and i would expect to see him disappear from Curb's starting 11 on saturday!