Aston Villa 1 West Ham Utd 0 (06/10/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Romford wrote:I'm no Fred fan fella...although i think he was bought in for the changing room.
with all the freddie rumours, im not sure i like the sound of that :lol:
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

happyhammer7 wrote:Today was like having a 90 minute **** without the ejaculation, complete disappointment with no end product. Oh yeah throw a couple more injuries on top of that as well, whatever f*cking next? I f*cking despair i really do
I had one of those at half-time. The beauty of watching the game on an internet stream, although I did run a couple of minutes over into the second half...
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

THE GIBBINS wrote: with all the freddie rumours, im not sure i like the sound of that :lol:
If it makes Deano run faster 8-)
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

If only.... wrote: Confirmed. Two teams neither of whom looked much like scoring apart from a deflection. Crowd (ours) was excellent although a good few around me could only raise themselves to the odd applause.

Why was our "goal" in the first half disallowed?
Double confirmed. Villa were dull and b*llocks and our lack of creativity and flair didn't make us that much better. They were there to be ripped into and their goal was ****. We've become very tidy, organised and totally unexciting. Like a bowl of Kellog's corn flakes with just a very, very tiny sprinking of sugar.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

steveyrockstar wrote:
quote]

A slight hint of handball... :lol: :lol:
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
b*llocks, it was blatantly ball to hand. The ref was biased
webby the iron
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by webby the iron »

Just got back. Frustrating afternoon. Thought we defended well and Mullins was impressive in the middle of the park. Freddie annoyed me in that on the ball he looked lively but repeatedly went inside in the first half meaning we had no width and Lucas was exposed. Better second half.

Ashton looked to me like someone fed up of playing with a poor striking partner. Carlton, for all his effort was woeful. Thought Deano might put on a better show with McClaren there but in fairness Laursen impressed me and the ref (who wasn't great) gave free kicks against Deano with alarming regularity.

Bit worried about the injuries but feel that we aren't playing terribly and mid-table will be a fair and realistic season for us...
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Cap N Gown was brilliant. Did anyone see that bird fall off the wheelie bins?

Gabbidon was good as was Mullins. Ashton was dire and we have no flair. I still think we are missing Yossi someone who can pass the ball over 10 yards. NRC was a disgrace with the elbow.

Fans were fantastic my Vila season ticket holder mate said we were the best he has seen in the last year.

Still adamant that we are in for a scrap unless we get a new manager
East london sid
Horses for courses

Post by East london sid »

was that a free kick i dont think so
East london sid
Horses for courses

Post by East london sid »

WTF is neil doing with that push in the box
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Watching Lucas Neil's peformance again on MOTD, worse than earlier
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

That wall was absolutely ****, that shot was **** and should never have got through the wall. They all moved out the way and the wall broke up :x poofs!
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Carlton's shot at goal today...

...and saved...

:twisted:
chalky

Post by chalky »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Is it more than a coincidence that after we sacked all our medical backroom staff in the Summer we are now up sh*t creek, injury wise.

Add that to the mugs we have bought (most of which Pardew woudn't have touched with a barge pole by the way) with appalling injury records equates to one big cock up.

Eggy and Curbs have f*cked it up IMO. We might be in another relegation battle come xmas.....Collins up front next week perhaps...Jesus being West Ham is never easy is it?
Your first two paras have occurred to me too. Coincidence?
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Jesus being West Ham is never easy is it?
Personally I think it's pretty cool having the Son of God as one of our celebrity fans...
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

We miss Bellamy so much going forward. At the moment our general play is quite good but without Bellamy upfront we lack something. The pace he has gives us so much (good runs, quick on the break, closing down and so on) and without him it takes away a lot from our game.

For example we had a lot of the ball, passed it around well enough but we lacked that final ball or that 1/2 a yard that might of got us at least a point from the game. I've said after the Newcastle and Arsenal game that we miss Bellamy and i've said the same thing again. We had a lot of the ball but not many chances.

As I've said on another thread we've had an average start to the season. Not great but not bad. Obviously the best performance so far was against Reading away and if we can just get a few players back for the Sunderland game hopefully we can produce another performance like that.

I thought Villa were nothing special and we should of at least of got a point out of the game. I thought the game was really there for the taking.

I also thought the ref had a poor game. The free-kick that they scored from wasn't a foul in my book. Looked like the player that went down just slipped.

The injury situation has been talked about a lot and it just seems to keep on happening. Reading the article on the KUMB front page you would say that six of the eleven players listed (Bellamy, Ashton Dyer, Faubert, Parker and Ferdinand) would be in our starting 11. That is quite shocking.

As for our MOTM today it's quite hard as no one really jumps out at you. Etherington looked quite good going forward and McCartney and Gabbidon were soild at the back.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Yet again Lucas Neill shows how absolutely f*cking gash he has been this season, he could have easily conceded 3 penalties today.

As for Ashley Young who had a great game today, Duxbury reckons that we pulled out of the deal as we decided to bring in a defender (the colossus that is Callum Davenport) instead, while Young says he turned us down and went for Villa.....so who's the bullsh*tter? :?
Headtheball

Post by Headtheball »

Please remember for all Cole's misses..he caused trouble!!

That can only bring other players in as Cole will attract defenders due to his presence in the box. Let's get behind him in the mean time..until the Z-Man's back!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:We miss Bellamy so much going forward. At the moment our general play is quite good but without Bellamy upfront we lack something. The pace he has gives us so much (good runs, quick on the break, closing down and so on) and without him it takes away a lot from our game.

For example we had a lot of the ball, passed it around well enough but we lacked that final ball or that 1/2 a yard that might of got us at least a point from the game. I've said after the Newcastle and Arsenal game that we miss Bellamy and i've said the same thing again. We had a lot of the ball but not many chances.

As I've said on another thread we've had an average start to the season. Not great but not bad. Obviously the best performance so far was against Reading away and if we can just get a few players back for the Sunderland game hopefully we can produce another performance like that.

I thought Villa were nothing special and we should of at least of got a point out of the game. I thought the game was really there for the taking.

I also thought the ref had a poor game. The free-kick that they scored from wasn't a foul in my book. Looked like the player that went down just slipped.

The injury situation has been talked about a lot and it just seems to keep on happening. Reading the article on the KUMB front page you would say that six of the eleven players listed (Bellamy, Ashton Dyer, Faubert, Parker and Ferdinand) would be in our starting 11. That is quite shocking.

As for our MOTM today it's quite hard as no one really jumps out at you. Etherington looked quite good going forward and McCartney and Gabbidon were soild at the back.
Were you there Harveys ? :? That looks very much like someone who has watched the "highlights" ...

Curbs set the team up as a pacey counter-attacking team at the start of the season and virtually every pacey player has been injured...so he now has to start on plan b. All teams should have one..

The bottom line on today is that Carson didn't have one good save to make...and that is not going to get us any points unless we learn how to defend the flanks and the standard of reffing gets better. I personally think we should work on the defending 8-)

Villa were ***** but they had the 2 best players on the park in Laursen and Young...how did Barry (who i rate highly) win MOTM ??