Aston Villa 1 West Ham Utd 0 (06/10/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Aston Villa 1 West Ham Utd 0 (06/10/07)

Post by bubbles1966 »

Where is it? Or does no one care
Hammersfan111

Post by Hammersfan111 »

Or maybe this is it :wink:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

This is a late one...

1-1 FT, NRC broken leg in the 2nd minute, Harewood to score, at both ends in the second half.. :lol:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1318 likes

Re: Villa match thread

Post by davids cross »

bubbles1966 wrote:Where is it? Or does no one care
I see what you've done here, very sly and clever........play the innocent and get a game thread going :lol:
simon hammer
Has liked: 993 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Villa 2 - 2 West Ham.

NRC and Harewood with theirs, not because they are any good (particularly Harewood) but because it's bound to happen. Ashton with both of ours.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Villa fans are all expecting a big performance from Joker - they want Harewood lynched after his performance at Spurs - so maybe we wont see him.

Sort of game where I think we need to pick up a point.

We've already lost to Man City / Newcastle - teams we'll be challenging for between 5th and 12th - dont want to keep losing to these teams.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1318 likes

Post by davids cross »

simon hammer wrote:Villa 2 - 2 West Ham.

NRC and Harewood with theirs, not because they are any good (particularly Harewood) but because it's bound to happen. Ashton with both of ours.
As the Americans might say "he's unlikely to get anymore game time" :D
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

simon hammer wrote:Villa 2 - 2 West Ham.

I have 2-2 in the prediction league as well. S/b a good game.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

cant see us scoring unless we can get a couple of quick players fit in time. Bellamy and Matty?
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

upton o'good wrote:cant see us scoring unless we can get a couple of quick players fit in time. Bellamy and Matty?

ButterflyBoy

Post by ButterflyBoy »

The real question is who gets the first booking? Noble for chopping down NRC or vice versa?
Brammer

Post by Brammer »

I hope we give em a stuffing, Nobody on here knows this but im actually from Brum intially, Lived a stones throw away from the "mighty" villa and one thing that struck me about villa and Blues supporters is that they have this attitude they are best team in the world. Now im all for optimism but its more arrogance that comes across in these zany claims and i love nothing more then going down the villa in my claret and blue and see them all confused cos i support the mighty hammers lol especially as im a brummie lol.

Anyway rant over, I got banned off the villa forum for reminding them (while they was lambasting marlene) that he does have his moments of glory, Specifically when he scored a hatrtrick against them lol..It was only a bit of banter :twisted:
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Anyway rant over, I got banned off the villa forum for reminding them (while they was lambasting marlene) that he does have his moments of glory, Specifically when he scored a hatrtrick against them lol..It was only a bit of banter
:D Is that the forum with the wally who keeps doing a trophy count - 21-5 to Villa - to say they are bigger than us but doesnt mention that 16 of theirs were before the War - the Boer War!!! :lol:

He always goes on about the size of their ground as well but forgets to mention that it always 25% empty!! What a simpleton!
Brammer

Post by Brammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: :D Is that the forum with the wally who keeps doing a trophy count - 21-5 to Villa - to say they are bigger than us but doesnt mention that 16 of theirs were before the War - the Boer War!!! :lol:

He always goes on about the size of their ground as well but forgets to mention that it always 25% empty!! What a simpleton!

Possibly, I was only on there for a hour or so when i was on nightshift, They dont like hearing a lot of negativity about there club lol.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 854 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

If Marlon plays, even for a single minute of extra time, I just know he's gonna score a belter.

O'Neill seems to always look to play 4-3-3, which concentrates a lot of their attacks down the channels. Neill and McCartney need to be right on top of their games.

Barry will be looking to impress - to get back into the England 11.

Noble and NRC will go head to head.

As suggested above, our best chances may lay in the return of at least one of Bellamy or Etherington, to offer as much as possible in counter-attacking.

We've failed to score in only two matches. I reckon this is a draw or a narrow win for us. There's no way AV will be able to repeat their goal spree, what with Green's current form.
pennywisepeter

Post by pennywisepeter »

Looking forward to the game, unfortunately it'll only be my first of the season. And even more unfortunately i'll be sat in the Trinity Road stand with my Villa supporting mate... But at least i'll be able to wear claret and blue and not get lynched when we win 3-1 (hopefully, on both counts!), Ashton x2 and Matty...
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Think Noble will take it a little easy after his challenge on Hleb, dont think he will want to clatter Reo Coker like that and get a second wave of abuse in 2 weeks. But i still think he will do a good job on NRC and keep him outta the game. Deano to get atleast one, two if we play well. Think we have got the ability to beat them but we will have to play better than we did against Newcastle. Maybe Bellars to get a goal aswell!
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

If both fit, it wouldnt suprise me to see Parker - Mullins midfield.

Apparently Villas right back was crap on Monday - big game for Matty - or Boa
Ivelookedeverywhere

Post by Ivelookedeverywhere »

got 'restricted view' seats for this game. I thought that stand was free of any viewing problems. never sat in the doug ellis before so hopefully not too bad

Aston Villa 2 (1) V (0) 1 West ham united

Agbonlahor 2 Ashton 49
Barry 75

always have faith in west ham :|
perry gowler

Post by perry gowler »

I thought the same once when i got RV's even though they were in row A behind the goal.
Trouble was that the camber of the edge of the pitch is so high we could only see the players heads- when they were in the nearest 18 yd box !!

Thank feck we all stood for the rest of the game to make it marginally better.

( we won 2-0 with a long range Moncs shot and the bookies in the ground were offering 20-1 for the correct score. 'Andsome. A load of geezers had it off that day)