West Ham Utd 3 Sunderland 1 (21/10/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Quite a bit of rubbish on this thread I see. Glad to see some people still have their head screwed on around here.

Anyway the performance was poor, Sunderland were the better team for the majorty of the game but we came away with a 3-1 win and the three points. The win was crucial after three defeats on the bounce.

We've got to take our injuries into account as well. We've got Dyer, Parker, Ljungberg, Collins, Ashton, Faubert and Zamora out injured at the moment and you could argue that the majorty (if not all) of them would be in the 16 man squad if not the starting 11.

Two moments changed the game in our favour. First off the world class save the Green made and the second moment would be the double substitution that Curbs made and got spot on. Boa Morte set-up the 2nd and 3rd goals and the quality of ball from Solano was first class.

Few moans with the main one beeing the amount of space we seemed to want to give Jones. Now don't get me wrong, Jones had a very good game but Upson seemed to stand off him a lot and give him the space to win loads of headers. We made him look better than he is and for a big man I can't remember Upson winning many headers at all. I think if Collins was fit he would of done a much better job against Jones today. Also the midfield looked quite poor today until Solano and Boa Morte came on with Noble in particular giving the ball away quite a lot.

However despite the poor performance we still won 3-1 and we came away with the points and thats the main thing.
Don't worry mate, the majorty of us are delighted we won.
What a load of utter tosh!

Noble was very poor today.

You could make an argument for taking Mullins off but that does not change the fact that Noble was poor today and i'm sure he knows he was.

Curbs got the subs 100% spot on and he was proved right. How can you not give him credit for that? To me it seems you just want to have a pop for the sake of it.
NO ITS JUST THAT I THINK CURBS IS CRAP, THATS ALWAYS BEEN MY OPINION; WHILST I RESPECT THAT YOURS MAY DIFFER.
Worked his nuts off upfront for the team and scored.

Can't ask for much more than that.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Anyone see McCartney on the front of the program yesterday?

looks 11 years old :lol:
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

THE GIBBINS wrote:Anyone see McCartney on the front of the program yesterday?

looks 11 years old :lol:
He gets far too much front page of programme coverage Imo