LC4: Coventry 1 West Ham Utd 2 (30/10/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

Look at Lee Bowyer when Cole scored, he was almost crying, as if to say thank f*** for that I couldn't run anymore.
The Boys from the Boleyn
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by The Boys from the Boleyn »

The Rebirth wrote:I've just wrote a complaint to Sky about their bias commentary except for Tony's Cottee and Gale. Also told them I am glad Setanta are getting more and more games to show because to be fair they commentate on the game and not pick a side they want to win like that c*nt tonight Alan whoever the f*ck it was.
Who are heavily biased towards West Ham...

Really couldn't hear anything wrong with sky tonight. We were below par and second best for large parts and a shock makes for far better news so it was only natural they'd be bigging up Coventry a little bit more.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Jackanakanory wrote:Look at Lee Bowyer when Cole scored, he was almost crying, as if to say thank f*ck for that I couldn't run anymore.
:lol:
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

Jackanakanory wrote:Look at Lee Bowyer when Cole scored, he was almost crying, as if to say thank f*ck for that I couldn't run anymore.
He probably said that to him after too. :lol:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

WE ALL AGREE, CARLTON IS BETTER THAN PELE!

Get in!

Make no mistake about it with the team we ended with that was a very good result. They showed character to come back from 1-0 down.

For f*** sake we had Spector and Panstil playing in midfield! Spector and Pantsil!

The injury list is a joke and we need some plays back.
The Rebirth wrote:Who else can safely say we are f*cked for Sunday with Injury??
Hopefully have a few back from injury (along with Solano and Camara).

I can't remember anything like this though. Utter joke with the amount of injuries we've picked up.
smuts
Has liked: 1493 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by smuts »

Not our finest hour but this is exactly the sort of cup tie that we always lose so who cares?

Cole did all he could and LBM did little to support him. Nice cool finish which probably saved us another few injuries!

Another 3 injuries tonight by the look of it, our midfield will consist of Curbs and Snodin against Bolton at this rate.....
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

A decent result under the circumstances. It was never going to be a walkover tonight, and given our injuries, a win in 90 minutes was nothing to be sneezed at. Yes, I'm sure that we should be beating teams like Coventry 8-0 :eh: but the fact remains that 8-0 or 2-1, getting through to the next round was all that mattered.

:crest:
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:WE ALL AGREE, CARLTON IS BETTER THAN PELE!

Get in!

Make no mistake about it with the team we ended with that was a very good result. They showed character to come back from 1-0 down.

For f*ck sake we had Spector and Panstil playing in midfield! Spector and Pantsil!

The injury list is a joke and we need some plays back.
Hopefully have a few back from injury (along with Solano and Camara).

I can't remember anything like this though. Utter joke with the amount of injuries we've picked up.
I can remember a season we was ****ed with Injury we had a Football Genius named Gary Breen here to show us the way... to relegation
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

With the amount of injuries we had and picked up what did some people expect?

We showed great character to win the game from 1-0 down with about 20 minutes left and the players left out on the pitch in the end put in the effort that was needed.

Not great but we dug out a ugly win and the way the game was going that was always going to be needed.
CFC was so bad the whole game
Errrr was he?

Had another good game in my book.

Done his job.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 673 likes
Total likes: 1286 likes

Post by davids cross »

Isn't this what good teams get praise for, play poorly but dig out a result. It's something we have been incapable of for decades.

Upson was absolutely immense imo :thup:
Mad Professor
Has liked: 269 likes

Post by Mad Professor »

smuts wrote: Another 3 injuries tonight by the look of it, our midfield will consist of Curbs and Snodin against Bolton at this rate.....
Couldn't be much worse that Spector and Pantsil in centre midfield tonight. I am not blaming them because it is not their natural position but to win from 1-0 down away from home with that midfield is a great result and very lucky!
Jimothyjimjaroo

Post by Jimothyjimjaroo »

Embarrasing to watch. No cohesion, no one looked that bothered at times, sloppy passing, exposed by mifsud et al on the flanks, looked devoid of ideas, even if they are second string players they are still supposed to be premiership standard.
Tonight was endemic of our attitude and our skills and nothing changes.
Are people allowed to criticise us if we play badly? Yes. Did Coventry deserve at least extra time? yes. Should styles and the likes of clattenburg referee ever again? no.
Rational thinking without emotion for a minute.
We are simply at the present not good enough. Even with everybody fit we will still turn in two bob performances like tonight. With the side we put out we should have been tactically superior and played at a tempo worthy of our status in the prem. We didnt, why?
Ill take the win all day long but happy about the performance, no.
Alan green is entitled to comment as anyone else.
The problems lie deeper than injuries and this is always been synomous with us. get it sorted curbs, no excuses you tell them over paid tosspots to start playing with pride, passion and style.
If you cant get them to do it get players to come in and do it, if you cant do it then fc`uk off.
We looked more like police academy than the academy of football.

Rant over - shef utd at home next round

il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 677 likes
Total likes: 1970 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Carlton Cole's my hero!
Carlton Cole's my hero!
LA LA LA LA!
LA LA LA LA!

Well Carlton has yet ANOTHER good game, and scores an injury time winner. I hope to see more follow suit with Carlton avatars :lol:.

I'm so glad he's got his fitness and confidence back...he looks like a half decent player now. I'm pleased for him...always liked him, and hopefully he carries on this way.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Even with everybody fit we will still turn in two bob performances like tonight.
Oh come on Jim - going way over the top with that comment.

Reading was our best performance this season so far and that was as close to our strongest side we've been able to put out.

We've never had everyone fit so far this season.

For example you could argue that is would be our starting 11 -

Green, McCartney, Upson, Ferdinand, Neill, Ljungberg, Dyer, Parker, Faubert, Ashton and Bellamy.

At the moment only four of that eleven are not injured and thats not even including Mullins, Noble, Collins and Zamora.
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Jimothyjimjaroo wrote:Embarrasing to watch. No cohesion, no one looked that bothered at times, sloppy passing, exposed by mifsud et al on the flanks, looked devoid of ideas, even if they are second string players they are still supposed to be premiership standard.
Tonight was endemic of our attitude and our skills and nothing changes.
Are people allowed to criticise us if we play badly? Yes. Did Coventry deserve at least extra time? yes. Should styles and the likes of clattenburg referee ever again? no.
Rational thinking without emotion for a minute.
We are simply at the present not good enough. Even with everybody fit we will still turn in two bob performances like tonight. With the side we put out we should have been tactically superior and played at a tempo worthy of our status in the prem. We didnt, why?
Ill take the win all day long but happy about the performance, no.
Alan green is entitled to comment as anyone else.
The problems lie deeper than injuries and this is always been synomous with us. get it sorted curbs, no excuses you tell them over paid tosspots to start playing with pride, passion and style.
If you cant get them to do it get players to come in and do it, if you cant do it then fc`uk off.
We looked more like police academy than the academy of football.

Rant over - shef utd at home next round

Do you really think that we would have struggled so much if we had been able to pick a first team of choice without regard to injuries?

Can you expect the reserves to play with "style" away on a Tuesday night?

This had slog and banana skin written all over it. But we came through with an ugly win. What would you have said had we lost?
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 673 likes
Total likes: 1286 likes

Post by davids cross »

I've always wanted to watch our reserves....saw most of them tonight, thats the plus for me.

resus

Post by resus »

It was extremely boring game even for a Hammer fan.
Coventry looked more dangerous tbh. In the second half Curbs subbed two midfielders for two defenders?????!!!! Spector and Pantsil in midfield roles.
Our goals came out of nothing. Not a convincing performance today. We have to improve big time if we want points vs Bolton on Sunday.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

resus wrote:In the second half Curbs subbed two midfielders for two defenders?????!!!! Spector and Pantsil in midfield roles.
Both Noble and Mullins went off injured.
Jimothyjimjaroo

Post by Jimothyjimjaroo »

If only.... wrote: Do you really think that we would have struggled so much if we had been able to pick a first team of choice without regard to injuries?
in all honesty yes. see previous results for last few years
Can you expect the reserves to play with "style" away on a Tuesday night?
yes because they all train together and they get paid bucket loads to play whenever the match is morning noon night, any day of the week.

This had slog and banana skin written all over it. But we came through with an ugly win. What would you have said had we lost?the same bloody thing.

Last edited by Jimothyjimjaroo on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Both Noble and Mullins went off injured.
Who else was left on the bench after the three subs were on?