LC4: Coventry 1 West Ham Utd 2 (30/10/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

w4hammer wrote:anyone have a clear view of the LBM foul/dive whatever in the first half?!

From our view at the other end, it was 50/50 tangle, LBM got the other side, was away, then got clattered, red card and foul to us--surely?!...lino-with a good view, looks at stiles, who doesnt have a good view, says no foul- and completely loses the game from an official perspective!?

would love to know what it looked like on TV?!

cheers
I thought it was definitely a foul and LBM even when grabbing the other players shirt to me, was only trying to keep his balance and stay on his feet after being clattered. Stiles was a c*nt who evened the game by making us worried to tackle whereas they could fly in with hardly no comeback, they used elbows the lot and got away with it.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Side of Ham wrote: I thought it was definitely a foul and LBM even when grabbing the other players shirt to me, was only trying to keep his balance and stay on his feet after being clattered. Stiles was a c*nt who evened the game by making us worried to tackle whereas they could fly in with hardly no comeback, they used elbows the lot and got away with it.
on the radio Alan Green said it was a sending off offence.
carnage
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 705 likes

Post by carnage »

Over the moon with that.

Now if we can just scrape 1 win out of the next 2 games, from anywhere, dont care, just win one of them...
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

I'm very hungover this morning but a great evening despite the game :thup:
RushdenHammer

Post by RushdenHammer »

I have to say that was one of the most inept and poor performances I have ever seen in 31 years of going to watch West Ham - but we won!!!

Our support was great for a Tuesday night in the Carling Cup - even better it was only 30 mins home for me and my mates!!!

At one point we had 4 possible right backs on the pitch in Neill, Ferdinand, Pants and Phil Spectre( May as well have been as he was dire).

I hope it is better on Sunday - Not many options left to play but we need to be sharper on set pieces as Bolton do like to Hooooooooooooooof it up in the air.

Well done Carlton Cole - lone striker worked his ging gang goolies off - and the fould on Dead Snake was a sending off - Styles must be the biggest c*** reffing - Sky Cameras and look at me referee - He should also try getting out of the centre circle and up wih play.
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

bumpkinhammer wrote:I listened to the game on 5live and i got to say that c*nt Alan Green hates us. We did not play well with loads of players missing yet manged to beat a better team on the night. He would not give us any credit for it, yet if it had been his beloved Manure or another top team he would have gone on about how 'a great team can get a result when playing poorly'. Why not us?
He never once gave us credit last year for staying up, in fact he was all for us going down.
The bloke is first class prick and if i ever meet him shall tell him so in no uncertain terms.
Alan Green Supports Liverpool :wink:
roblo
Has liked: 151 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by roblo »

Just got back after staying in Birmingham.

We were ***** last night and were very very lucky. LBM is a useless lump. Carlton Cole, fair play to the lad, he worked his b*llocks off last night.

As for the crowd, we were very quiet. The odd Bubbles (to which the Cov fans whisteld over it, what's all that about?!) and Claret & Blue Army. I think the reasons for the quietness was a combination of a few things.
1) People had driven (most from London) post-work and were tired.
2) As people had come post-work not a lot of drinking had been done.
3) The roof was really high, therefore any songs started at the top would not reach the bottom (and visa verca).
4) There was a lot of 'day outers' there, quite happy to sit down and watch their only game of the season.

So yeah, **** match, **** atmosphere, but at least we won and we're a step closer to Wembley!

Cheers to Phil S for the ticket.

Did anyone else catch those 30 or so Coventry chavs running down the hll opposite the ground after the match? Giving it the big'un. Anyone see what happened?
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Just ****ed through The S*n at work and the **** who did our write up had the check to say "Apart from the inclusion of Richard Wright for Robert Green in goal, this was a first choice Hammers line up" before proceeding to **** us off and praise Coventry.
:shock:

Sure we didn't play great and they made it hard for us but I thought lazy **** stirring journalism was last season?
clarke

Post by clarke »

I think Cole did alright last night, however his first touch is always about 5 yards away from himself and has to use his gangly legs to keep the ball, even Crouch manages to keep close control of the ball.

I'm just going to try and forget last night.

BTW, the square pies in the ground last night were cool.
thal

Post by thal »

PrawnSandwich wrote:Just ****ed through The S*n at work and the c*nt who did our write up had the check to say "Apart from the inclusion of Richard Wright for Robert Green in goal, this was a first choice Hammers line up" before proceeding to c*nt us off and praise Coventry.

Sure we didn't play great and they made it hard for us but I thought lazy sh*t stirring journalism was last season?
It was a first chioce line up. Besides Wright for Green it was the strongest posible side we could put out.
I know, I know... injuries, injuries bla bla bla.... but we started with our best available team.
carnage
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 705 likes

Post by carnage »

PrawnSandwich wrote:Just ****ed through The S*n at work and the c*nt who did our write up had the check to say "Apart from the inclusion of Richard Wright for Robert Green in goal, this was a first choice Hammers line up" before proceeding to c*nt us off and praise Coventry.

Sure we didn't play great and they made it hard for us but I thought lazy sh*t stirring journalism was last season?
I suppose it was a first choice line-up in terms of fit players.....
That might of been his point. He is intentionally trying to make it look worse than it was though.....
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

Very pleased.

A job done

The team out there was frankly, ****, and we still got the win. So I am delighted.

And Boa Morte is te second worst player I have ever seen at te club.
roblo
Has liked: 151 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by roblo »

First team players (If you exclude all those we;ve only seen glimpses of):
Upson, George, Anton, Neil, Noble, Mullins, Matty
Would all be in manys first choice teams.
Not quite a third team but definitely close to first choice.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by clawhammer »

[quote="prophet:marginal"]We hazarded a couple of "Dowieeeeee! Yr an ugly c***!"s

+4000 on the road tonight. Everyone standing throughout the game.

Its a well built stadium - seemed to keep the noise in. I thought at the beginning of the 2nd half it got a bit quiet, but, as ever, the travellers did us proud.[/quote]

Why's that? Copious supplies of lucky White Heather? Entertaining you with their favourite Millwank stories? Do tell!
joeyboy

Post by joeyboy »

Thought our fans were average at best last night. I was up in the far corner and people around me looked puzzled when me and my mate tried to a few songs going. I was bored out of my mind!

If you're not gonna get behind the team just stay at home and save your money!
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by k-r-c »

e1hammer wrote:I'm very hungover this morning but a great evening despite the game :thup:
Good to see you again fella, and bump into clarke off of here.

Good job im working from home today so could have a sneaky lie in :D
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

joeyboy wrote:Thought our fans were average at best last night. I was up in the far corner and people around me looked puzzled when me and my mate tried to a few songs going. I was bored out of my mind!

If you're not gonna get behind the team just stay at home and save your money!
we had a great position...row tt right behind the goals...loadsa noise there, tho was very quiet at the start of the second half...
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 828 likes
Total likes: 1963 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

clawhammer wrote: Why's that? Copious supplies of lucky White Heather? Entertaining you with their favourite Millwank stories? Do tell!
Cross my palm with a ticket to the final*, sir, and I might just tell you.

*in which we feature.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

roblo wrote:Just got back after staying in Birmingham.

We were ***** last night and were very very lucky. LBM is a useless lump. Carlton Cole, fair play to the lad, he worked his b*llocks off last night.

As for the crowd, we were very quiet. The odd Bubbles (to which the Cov fans whisteld over it, what's all that about?!) and Claret & Blue Army. I think the reasons for the quietness was a combination of a few things.
1) People had driven (most from London) post-work and were tired.
2) As people had come post-work not a lot of drinking had been done.
3) The roof was really high, therefore any songs started at the top would not reach the bottom (and visa verca).
4) There was a lot of 'day outers' there, quite happy to sit down and watch their only game of the season.

So yeah, sh*t match, sh*t atmosphere, but at least we won and we're a step closer to Wembley!

Cheers to Phil S for the ticket.

Did anyone else catch those 30 or so Coventry chavs running down the hll opposite the ground after the match? Giving it the big'un. Anyone see what happened?
I didn't see anyone sitting down.
WE were quieter than I expected though.
joeyboy

Post by joeyboy »

w4hammer wrote: we had a great position...row tt right behind the goals...loadsa noise there, tho was very quiet at the start of the second half...
Yeah it seemed better behind the goal. Wanted to move across but oh well we won. And who would have thought that we'd go from Masherano to Spector in a year. Football makes no sense!