LC4: Coventry 1 West Ham Utd 2 (30/10/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

otter_of_despair

Post by otter_of_despair »

PrawnSandwich wrote:Just ****ed through The S*n at work and the c*nt who did our write up had the check to say "Apart from the inclusion of Richard Wright for Robert Green in goal, this was a first choice Hammers line up" before proceeding to c*nt us off and praise Coventry.
:shock:

Sure we didn't play great and they made it hard for us but I thought lazy sh*t stirring journalism was last season?
It was first choice in the sense that it was the only team we could have put out due to injury!
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

PrawnSandwich wrote:Just ****ed through The S*n at work and the c*nt who did our write up had the check to say "Apart from the inclusion of Richard Wright for Robert Green in goal, this was a first choice Hammers line up" before proceeding to c*nt us off and praise Coventry.
:shock:

Sure we didn't play great and they made it hard for us but I thought lazy sh*t stirring journalism was last season?
get over it. the 'story' last night was indeed that brave coventry should at least have got a draw - we were arrogant and unprofessional. A prem team can't keep moaning about injuries.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

roblo wrote:Just got back after staying in Birmingham.

We were ***** last night and were very very lucky. LBM is a useless lump. Carlton Cole, fair play to the lad, he worked his b*llocks off last night.

As for the crowd, we were very quiet. The odd Bubbles (to which the Cov fans whisteld over it, what's all that about?!) and Claret & Blue Army. I think the reasons for the quietness was a combination of a few things.
1) People had driven (most from London) post-work and were tired.
2) As people had come post-work not a lot of drinking had been done.
3) The roof was really high, therefore any songs started at the top would not reach the bottom (and visa verca).
4) There was a lot of 'day outers' there, quite happy to sit down and watch their only game of the season.

So yeah, sh*t match, sh*t atmosphere, but at least we won and we're a step closer to Wembley!

Cheers to Phil S for the ticket.

Did anyone else catch those 30 or so Coventry chavs running down the hll opposite the ground after the match? Giving it the big'un. Anyone see what happened?
Really? :?

LBM was no worse than Noble, Bowyer or Mullens.

Our support was absolutely superb last night, almost as good as at Pompey on Saturday. This time I was sitting with the Prawn sandwich brigade and all my guests where very impressed by the non stop singing.

I also disagree with the comment on the atmoshpere, from where I sat it was generally good.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Were you up above us, to our right?

One of the Hammers up there stood up and took the piss largely out of his guests, when the Cov goal was disallowed. Also joined in with the piss-take over that excrement music that was played when they scored.

Sir, salutations!!
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

hammerdivone wrote: Really? :?

LBM was no worse than Noble, Bowyer or Mullens.

Our support was absolutely superb last night, almost as good as at Pompey on Saturday. This time I was sitting with the Prawn sandwich brigade and all my guests where very impressed by the non stop singing.

I also disagree with the comment on the atmoshpere, from where I sat it was generally good.
I thought it was really quiet. I was down the front and couldn't really hear a great deal going on behind me. There was one "Claret & Blue" army that everyone got behind for a good few minutes. Apart from that there was no other 'everyone singing' moments apart from a few renditions of Bubbles.

At Portsmouth everyone was singing for the whole game. The atmosphere was so much better. We sung loads of songs throughout. Last night it just seemed like noone could be arsed.

It might have something to do with where I was stood though, I guess.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

prophet:marginal wrote:Were you up above us, to our right?

One of the Hammers up there stood up and took the piss largely out of his guests, when the Cov goal was disallowed. Also joined in with the piss-take over that excrement music that was played when they scored.

Sir, salutations!!
As much as I would like to claim that to be me, it wasn't!. We were in the last box along at the away end, so there was a big gap in the corner between us and our fans.

Did join in the goal celebrations though, which given we we were entertaining Coventry supporting Clients was not the most politically correct thing to do :lol:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I did mean up there. We were to your right. I got the stadium round the wrong way when I was typing!

You or someone with you was in claret blue (top or scarf)?
yabush

Post by yabush »

Hayden Mullins cannot pass :evil:
Pidge

Post by Pidge »

anyone find the pub called "the hub" ... walked around for ages and couldnt find it
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

prophet:marginal wrote:I did mean up there. We were to your right. I got the stadium round the wrong way when I was typing!

You or someone with you was in claret blue (top or scarf)?
I had a claret scarf, and a claret and blue tie with a blue shirt - so maybe it was me :oops: There was a Hammers supporting client with me as well :lol:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

yabush wrote:Hayden Mullins cannot pass :evil:
thats strange, his pass% last season was in the high 70's, as good as virtually all midfielders in his position.
Home Counties East

Post by Home Counties East »

The Coventry defender Turner was shockingly bad and got away with murder under that idiot Styles. The worst f/t professional CH that I have seen since Repka. Poetic justice that yet another of Turner's cock ups led to our winning goal. If Coventry have serious ambitions for promotion they have to replace him -- like Repka he will be worth a goal and game to the opposition.
double pie'n'mash luv

Post by double pie'n'mash luv »

carnage wrote: thats strange, his pass% last season was in the high 70's, as good as virtually all midfielders in his position.

What, all backwards :lol: Talk about papering over the cracks :lol:
Langley Hammer

Post by Langley Hammer »

coviron wrote:By the way 10 pints and 2 rows later im happy as f*ck,i have to live here. :D :D
You didn't have another row after we left you, I hope! :shock:
coviron

Post by coviron »

Langley Hammer wrote: You didn't have another row after we left you, I hope! :shock:
Yes, sorry i couldn't stop myself :oops:
Langley Hammer

Post by Langley Hammer »

coviron wrote: Yes, sorry i couldn't stop myself :oops:
You'll have to Pm me the details :lol:
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Pidge wrote:anyone find the pub called "the hub" ... walked around for ages and couldnt find it
I was there before the match, it was about a 5 minute walk from the ground.
carnage

Post by carnage »

double pie'n'mash luv wrote:
What, all backwards :lol: Talk about papering over the cracks :lol:
Who said anything about where the pass goes?

Thats his job btw. Win the ball, pass it backwards to defenders in more space.
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

carnage wrote:
Thats his job btw. Win the ball, pass it backwards to defenders in more space.
Or sideways to midfielders with less space................ :wink:
carnage

Post by carnage »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: Or sideways to midfielders with less space................ :wink:
:lol: