West Ham Utd 1 Bolton 1 (04/11/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Scaloni Is The Messiah

West Ham Utd 1 Bolton 1 (04/11/07)

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

By my reckoning, we now have 12 fit outfield players (14 if you include Reid and Collison). I can't remember anything like this.

Therefore, the most depleted West Ham side ever, presuming none of the thirteen casualties recover in time, should be, imo...

...................................Green.......................................
Neill..................Gabbidon......Upson................McCartney
Solano..............Bowyer.........Boa Morte.........Etherington
........................Camara........Cole.................................

Subs: Wright, Spector, Paintsil, Collison/Sears, Reid

That said, I think we can win, as that's still a reasonable starting XI. I'm going 1-0, unless there are further injuries this week.
kenthammer
Has liked: 244 likes
Total likes: 398 likes

Post by kenthammer »

going to need us all behind them on sunday big time :crest:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Have to say Scaloni, that midfield would get ripped apart without a defensive minded player.
I'm sure Noble or Mullins will be back.

Worst comes to worst, I'd play Neill in there.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 673 likes
Total likes: 1286 likes

Post by davids cross »

If thats the team I would swap Boa and Solanos positions.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Have to say Scaloni, that midfield would get ripped apart without a defensive minded player.

Well, obviously, if Noble or Mullins are fit (or Quashie, for that matter) they've got to play. Suppose Neill or Spector could play DM, with the other at RB. It's not something I want to think about, though.
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Have to say Scaloni, that midfield would get ripped apart without a defensive minded player.

What about Spector? :lol:

Though he didn´t do all that bad tonight :shock:
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Might be a time to chuck some kids in. Don't follow the youngsters, not sure who will be heading the queue :?

Hugh Jargon wrote:Might be a time to chuck some kids in. Don't follow the youngsters, not sure who will be heading the queue :?
Could do that mate.
I mean I know it's a league game, but with the injuries it's a game to nothing and we could stumble across a gem.

Tomkins looks a comfortable defender on the ball, if fit perhaps he can make the squad?
Porfirio
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porfirio »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Might be a time to chuck some kids in. Don't follow the youngsters, not sure who will be heading the queue :?
given how poor etherington was tonight and Curbs still wouldn't put Reid on you have to wonder if he rates him at all.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Tomkins looks a comfortable defender on the ball, if fit perhaps he can make the squad?
Last I heard, guess what?

He's injured. :lol:
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Porfirio wrote: given how poor etherington was tonight and Curbs still wouldn't put Reid on you have to wonder if he rates him at all.
Was Etherington that poor? Thought he was our only player with any sort of creativity, to be honest. You could actually see on his face as he went to cross it the frustration at nobody being in the box a few times, though, which was funny.
Porfirio

Post by Porfirio »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: Was Etherington that poor? Thought he was our only player with any sort of creativity, to be honest. You could actually see on his face as he went to cross it the frustration at nobody being in the box a few times, though, which was funny.
Lacking defensively, gave the ball away cheaply quite often. The coventry goal did seem to wake him (and a few others) up. But if he'd been halfway decent tonight he would have forced Misfud to do far more tracking back which would have stopped one of Coventry's main outlets.

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: Last I heard, guess what?

He's injured. :lol:
I thought that as I was typing it to be honest :lol:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

I think Spector did well tonight. I'd have him for LBM. Different roles but LBM was **** tonight.
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Actually I wouldn't do that, but he did do well tonight
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

Of that starting line-up Bowyer was also hobbling!
John Simkin
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by John Simkin »

I think it is vital that we win the midfield battle on Sunday. I therefore would play 4-3-3 with Boa Morte and Etherington playing wide. They are both very good at getting back and helping the full backs. The problem last night was getting midfielders up to help Cole. The situation was not helped when Noble went off injured. If he is not fit on Sunday, maybe Spector can play this role. He had a couple of runs forward and appears to have the speed and energy to do it. If Mullins is not fit I would play Pansil instead of Solarno. I know he was not very good last night against Coventry but we need another defensive-minded player in the midfield. Solarno can be brought on if need someone to unlock the Bolton defence in the second half. I would also bring on Camara from the subs bench. It is very difficult for the lone striker to play 90 minutes.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

Porfirio wrote: Lacking defensively, gave the ball away cheaply quite often. The coventry goal did seem to wake him (and a few others) up. But if he'd been halfway decent tonight he would have forced Misfud to do far more tracking back which would have stopped one of Coventry's main outlets.
i make you right.. a very frustrating,and all too similar one, from matty.. defensivley he was always a pace or three away, didnt show as an outlet for ringo, and never really got away..did better towards the end of the second half, but against championship fodder, should have done better
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 328 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Croydon »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: Was Etherington that poor? Thought he was our only player with any sort of creativity, to be honest. You could actually see on his face as he went to cross it the frustration at nobody being in the box a few times, though, which was funny.
:thup: Totally agree.
Dublin Iron
Location: East, East, East...Dublin. Well, South Dublin to be honest.

Post by Dublin Iron »

Pity our next two games are ones we should win convincingly.
With our injuries these games are now loseable.

If we are going to lose due to lack of players - I'd prefer to lose against teams we'd struggle to take points from when we're fully fit.