West Ham Utd 1 Bolton 1 (04/11/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Even with all our injuries, our squad is still decent enough to put out a team with enough players with regular first team experience to win against Bolton, whom incidentally, I do think are in a false position in the league table at the moment. I think we'll win this one. I'm going for a scrappy 1-0 win.
SirTrev
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by SirTrev »

In my opinion, even with the horrid time we are having with injuries at the moment we should still be able to win on sunday.

i would go with:

...................................Green.......................................
Neill..................Gabbidon......Upson................McCartney Solano..........Spector...........Bowyer...............Etherington
........................Boa Morte........Cole..............................

of course should noble, mullins or even quashiemodo be available they should be in for Johnny U.S.A
Andy

Post by Andy »

Ah Bolton, most hated of bogey teams. Once again you come to threaten our goal with your boisterous play and cantankerous players.

Our hope in this particular encounter comes in the form of Bolton's form. In essence, they havent been doing it on the pitch and results have not gone their way. We on the other hand have not been doing it on the pitch either, but have had the rub of the green (or the Robert Green) recently. Two wins and a draw will have helped our confidence, but sadly most of the players who contributed in those games are now unavailable through injury.

I will be cheering most vociferously for our team to emerge victorious, but can only foresee a fiercely fought battle resulting in a high scoring draw.
WHamZam

Post by WHamZam »

I`m not sure Cole and Boa Morte is a good partnership for a 4-4-2. If Boa Morte has got any pace, he really doesn`t like to show it. We need someone with a bit of enthusiasm who will make a lot of runs and exploit the space which opens up when Cole fights off defenders. Put in Sears of Jeffery if they`re any good.

BTW, isn`t Bobby supposed to be back for this game? Could be a handy player to come off the bench, for sure.
bobo

Post by bobo »

If i was Curbs i would be searching the world for any half decent free-agents out there who can kick a ball????
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

bobo wrote:If i was Curbs i would be searching the world for any half decent free-agents out there who can kick a ball????
He is searching the whole of England not the World........
carnage
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 705 likes

Post by carnage »

Hopefully the crowd will get behind the team for once, realise it wont be pretty at all, that there will be lots of **** football played. and ANYTHING from this game is a bonus given our current injuries.

Pigs might fly as well.
Marky
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Marky »

carnage wrote:Hopefully the crowd will get behind the team for once, realise it wont be pretty at all, that there will be lots of sh*t football played. and ANYTHING from this game is a bonus given our current injuries.

Pigs might fly as well.
We really need to for this possibly more then any game this season
AVCO76

Post by AVCO76 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
I completely agree! Where are all these players from the Acadamy? we complain about injurys but surely that is a chance to try out some of the promising youngsters?

No point hashing a midfield out of players that normally wouldnt get a look in (If squad was at full strength) when you might have the next Joe Cole sitting in the under 17s...
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

At this rate we'll be recalling Dailly from his loan spell. I know he's not the most popular player on here but he always gives everything and we could do a lot worse. At Chesterfield last year he seemed the only one bothered. Also if he was on the bench he could cover defence or CM. Just a thought.
A lightweight midfield against Bolton would be suicidal.
Sky put up a list of eleven injured players this morning and that didn't include Bobby or Ginge who I assume are both still out.
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

We're gonna have to play this and hope someone comes back to somewhere near match fit.

I don't fancy a 4-4-2 with Camara if we're left with a CM partnership of Bowyer & Solano.

----------------------Cole------------------------
Etherington---------------------------Boa-Morte
-------(Anyone fit)--Bowyer--Solano----------
---------------------------------------------------
McCartney-----Gabbidon----Upson---Neill----
-----------------------Green---------------------
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

BubbleBoy wrote:We're gonna have to play this and hope someone comes back to somewhere near match fit.

I don't fancy a 4-4-2 with Camara if we're left with a CM partnership of Bowyer & Solano.

----------------------Cole------------------------
Etherington---------------------------Boa-Morte
-------(Anyone fit)--Bowyer--Solano----------
---------------------------------------------------
McCartney-----Gabbidon----Upson---Neill----
-----------------------Green---------------------
You say 'anyone fit', but to play in that role you've got Spector alone, who you could play as DM, but that's about it. It's a mess. I'd probably prefer to see Camara as a second striker than see that.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

I think Nobby may come in to his own. Everyone slagged him off because of the two missed headers but he is obviously a class act. He will deliver the sort of deadballs and crosses that could win a game like this. He is exactly the sort of player that Fat Sam would have liked when at Bolton. My only worry is that Carlton seems like the only WHU player who can head the ball. Upson, Ferdinand etc all trot up there for corners adn free-kicks but don't seem to get anywhere near the ball.
bobo

Post by bobo »

I hope this Sunday is like a blast from the past! I hope we the crowed get right behind our team & really push the boys over the line. Curbs was right this is a big week for us so we have to get right behind the lads just like in the early 90's.

Even when we first came back up a couple of years ago every1 was well behind the boys giving it all we got & we have to do that again, we have to get back to the attitude of "we are all in this together".

We are great fans & when i talk to my non West Ham friends i always tell them how great Upton Park is on a match day. Truth be told the real last times we drummed up an atmosphere of great power was prob the Chelski & Bolton games last year (and even they was a bit edgy).

We need a tottscum last game of the season atmosphere come this Sunday....

"Come on you irons" plenty of this Sunday, lets give Sky some good TV....
bobo

Post by bobo »

[quote="Andy"]Ah Bolton, most hated of bogey teams. Once again you come to threaten our goal with your boisterous play and cantankerous players.

Our hope in this particular encounter comes in the form of Bolton's form. In essence, they havent been doing it on the pitch and results have not gone their way. We on the other hand have not been doing it on the pitch either, but have had the rub of the green (or the Robert Green) recently. Two wins and a draw will have helped our confidence, but sadly most of the players who contributed in those games are now unavailable through injury.

I will be cheering most vociferously for our team to emerge victorious, but can only foresee a fiercely fought battle resulting in a high scoring draw.[/quote

Ypu are Russell Brand, and i claim my £5......
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

bring back dailly and play him in the middle with bowyer.
mrchewy

Post by mrchewy »

jacko wrote:bring back dailly and play him in the middle with bowyer.
my god - has it really come to this?
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

'vive le west ham revolution!'
scrutrog

Post by scrutrog »

when are we officially, as harry would have said, "DOWN TO THE BARE BONES"????????
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2425 likes
Total likes: 4251 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Papers today suggest that Parker will be fit to play Sunday - also, Quashie is how close??? Ashton also in training.