West Ham Utd 1 Bolton 1 (04/11/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Jon Boy

Post by Jon Boy »

Not generated much interest this game :eh:
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

We wil win 2-1 or 3-1 i can't quite make my mind up
irish_hammer_87

Post by irish_hammer_87 »

Jon Boy wrote:Not generated much interest this game :eh:

I noticed that myself
Diving Moleman

Post by Diving Moleman »

irish_hammer_87 wrote:

I noticed that myself
I agree - but 3 points mean 3 points thats what matters! This was a fantastic game last season, due to us digging ourselves into a massive hole, and digging ourselves out in part during the game, but we still need to make some noise tomorrow!
West Dan

Post by West Dan »

squad for tomorrow (from bbc)

West Ham (from): Green, Wright, Neill, Gabbidon, Upson, McCartney, Solano, Spector, Bowyer, Pantsil, Boa Morte, Etherington, Cole, Camara, Kyle, Mullins, Noble, Collison, Tomkins.

Anymore injuries and we'll have to bring a few more of the youth team in
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

This is the one game of the season that just never appeals to me, can't stand it and not even looking forward to it. I am, however, looking forward to the piss up in the pub pre match
kaybee15

Post by kaybee15 »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Anelka is OUT.
He's HERE

He's QUEER

GET USED TO IT!!!!

(This may not be strictly true. And before I'm directed to the homophobia thread, I'd like to point out that the above was a joke based on Hugh's flamboyant use of the the phrase 'OUT' :wink:)

Back on Topic...Big, big game tomorrow - a win would put us into the top half, and barring utter disater we would probably stay there or thereabouts. Lose, and another season of struggle probably awaits...
Diving Moleman

Post by Diving Moleman »

kaybee15 wrote: He's HERE

He's QUEER

GET USED TO IT!!!!

(This may not be strictly true. And before I'm directed to the homophobia thread, I'd like to point out that the above was a joke based on Hugh's flamboyant use of the the phrase 'OUT' :wink:)

Back on Topic...Big, big game tomorrow - a win would put us into the top half, and barring utter disater we would probably stay there or thereabouts. Lose, and another season of struggle probably awaits...
Agree 100% - which is why we as fans should do our bit as much tomorrow as we would in the 'the big games'
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

kaybee15 wrote: Lose, and another season of struggle probably awaits...

Come off it, we are playing a team who think they have injury problems!! Have a look at us!!! If we lose tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised, Bolton seem to be our bogey team and have a new manager who will have the players fired up.

If we lose tomorrow, I for one, won't be too concerned, infact if we get through the game with no injuries I will be pleased.
Eric_The_Hammer

Post by Eric_The_Hammer »

kaybee15 wrote: He's HERE

He's QUEER

GET USED TO IT!!!!

I couldn't agree more.
The game tomorrow may reflect further of how our season would look like.

A lose or even a draw means staying at the 11th place another week and getting us 7 points down from a place that leads to Euro cup.
A win however would put us in the 10th place and in a very good position as both Everton and the villans only couple of points ahead.

Hopefully CC could bring his quality to the pitch yet again tomorrow, and if Noble is to be feet, i expect lots to come from these two.
party iron

Post by party iron »

when you have injuries and suspension that's when a manager earns his money.We have not give credit to curbs, he has got us through these games with injuries and we are still in a position where we are all happy to be.If we was in a relegation battle now and won tomorrow we would all be as happy as larry,but because curbs has won games with half a squad and we are half way up the league,if we play badly tomorrow and nick a draw or even a win most the fan will walk away not happy.We have got to remember that most of the first team is missing (for one reson or another)and we can only be judged once curbs has a good run as manager.

WHAT I AM GETTING AT CAN WE HAVE A GOOD CROWD TOMORROW
we have been very nervous at home and i think if the crowd get behind the team from the beginning it will pay off
nzhammer

Post by nzhammer »

this game is our fourth sky live hammers game on the trot! i take us to win 2.0
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Party Iron, I completely agree
party iron

Post by party iron »

Memorial Ground wrote:Party Iron, I completely agree
thank you .but it all rubs off.if you start singing the bloke next to you does and so on and so.We really need the crowd behind the team.It makes a difference ,we are still very nervous about what happened last year.we need to relax and enjoy,we are not going to get relegated . the quicker we can get last year out our mind the less nervous the team will feel
Mark Noble
Yellow card - flaming

Post by Mark Noble »

Bolton tomorrow and the next game against Derby are VERY important. If we get 6 points out of them we will be full of confidence when we meet the spuds..
Eric_The_Hammer

Post by Eric_The_Hammer »

Well I think it was Cerbs whom I saw today interwied and asked upon the game sunday ,about his team preformance so far this season, and his answer was that he felt very good with the results under the circumstances, and although many hammers fans wouldn't agree with him, he thinks it's best for us to have a solid,quiet ,mid-table season, after what we had last season and especially due to the bad-luck wuth almost all the 1st team out of action.

I can see and agree with what he said, but I'm not quite sure about the time he said it.
IMO, saying this before such an important game is not letting the players understand the meaning of losing it, and furthermore, letting them think that it's o.k not to win whenever those guys(Deano,Z-man,Parker and Dyer) are out.
Mark Noble
Yellow card - flaming

Post by Mark Noble »

Eric_The_Hammer wrote:Well I think it was Cerbs whom I saw today interwied and asked upon the game sunday ,about his team preformance so far this season, and his answer was that he felt very good with the results under the circumstances, and although many hammers fans wouldn't agree with him, he thinks it's best for us to have a solid,quiet ,mid-table season, after what we had last season and especially due to the bad-luck wuth almost all the 1st team out of action.

I can see and agree with what he said, but I'm not quite sure about the time he said it.
IMO, saying this before such an important game is not letting the players understand the meaning of losing it, and furthermore, letting them think that it's o.k not to win whenever those guys(Deano,Z-man,Parker and Dyer) are out.
It also can make the other players want to prove they are better then those who are injured and fire them up..
King Guy

Post by King Guy »

is bellamy ok to start, then?
Headtheball

Post by Headtheball »

This is a crucial game for us.

Surely Bolton at home..given their position is a must win?

and it would be a nice Birthday day for Curbs.

Happy 50th!
Si the Pie

Post by Si the Pie »

Nobles goal will be the only goal of the game.