Derby County 0 West Ham Utd 5 (10/11/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

My neighbour is a Northern pillock that supports Derby :lol: 8-)

My dad was praying for weeks that we thrashed Derby :lol:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Billydinho wrote: that's a very good point, my silly mistake.

as for being called unrealistic, i'm the first one to say that 17th would be a good season. what i do expect is to be mildly entertained once in a while.

is that too much?
what prick wrote all this eh? :lol:

it also goes to show just how dire newcastle must be to not even score against this shower ****.
One Liner

Post by One Liner »

A couple of different tunes on here today.... :lol:
Chip Korea

Post by Chip Korea »

Not sure if Spector got the goal (or exactly what the rules say), but my thoughts are that he should get it.

Spector put the defender in a position where he was on the goal line trying to dig the ball out from under his feet. The defender failed. The attacker should get the goal.

Ditto I do not believe goalkeepers should be awarded own goals unless they slice a clearance into their own net. Solano vs sunderland was the guy who took a fierce shot that beat the keeper and was close enough to being on targete that it came back off the post towards the middle of the 6 yard box. I don't believe the Sunderland keeper did much wrong - he dived fort he shot and got very unlucky.

In short I believe the benefit of the doubt should always go to the attacker and only "clear og's" should be og's.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

THE GIBBINS wrote:My neighbour is a Northern pillock that supports Derby :lol: 8-)

My dad was praying for weeks that we thrashed Derby :lol:
:lol: :lol:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2616 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

pablo jaye wrote:I think this could be a really dull 0-0 draw....

....and today....the sky will fall in!!!!
morrisey is a hammer

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

well done the boys. got home from work to find us winning 2-0 and the rest is history. performances are picking up the football is getting better, and we win 5-0, :D . though the first half what i saw looked awful, the second half was so good, even though derby were ****. still say we played good last week even though we was a little unlucky. add a striker and a central midfeild player in jan and we will be alright.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

next up Spurs at the Bolyen
tugboatpete

Post by tugboatpete »

How sad is it that their announcer does nt announce away scorers!!!!

I was sat behind the home goal singing"are you tottescum in disguise?"
Seriously though i think linda getting injured actually helped us as they were attacking the left flank early doors ---but as soon as pantsill took over there wasnt so much room!!!

well played cole again
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

I wanna know who it was that showered me with beer when our second went in :evil:

:lol:
nickkarkie
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Paintsil seemed to have a decent game, good passing to cole's feet. Always looks happy to be at west ham no matter whether he is playing or not and the other players seem to like him. Came in a did the job a squad player should.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

nickkarkie wrote:Paintsil seemed to have a decent game, good passing to cole's feet. Always looks happy to be at west ham no matter whether he is playing or not and the other players seem to like him. Came in a did the job a squad player should.
I thought he was awful...

Opinions eh :lol:
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

I thought Pantsil had a really good game. He came on with no match practice in a year and did it really well. No mistakes at all, except out of position maybe once. Wich was fewer times than Neill. I think ha can have mre games now, even if rather would see him on the right midfield. Maybe he could be the solution on the right, som Ethers-Linda could have Neill-Pantsil on the right. At least until Freddie and later on Faubert is back.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

Romford wrote: I thought he was awful...

Opinions eh :lol:
So did I, especially 1st half. Improved 2nd half, but that was probably down to Derby giving up.
Mad Professor
Has liked: 277 likes

Post by Mad Professor »

Mad Professor wrote: A Geordie friend of mine went to the game and said a poor Derby team really battled for this and made Newcastle look even poorer. These things regularly happen. How else did we stay up last year? Will be pleased if we don't get beaten today.
A man of little faith? Too be honest, I really couldn't see this coming. Derby were woeful. They did try to literally fight for it early on but we outgunned them and after that they had nothing. Cue their manager's comments about men and boys. Credit where credit is due and I put this recently found grit and determination down to Curbs.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

PrinceH wrote:I thought Pantsil had a really good game. He came on with no match practice in a year and did it really well. No mistakes at all, except out of position maybe once. Wich was fewer times than Neill. I think ha can have mre games now, even if rather would see him on the right midfield. Maybe he could be the solution on the right, som Ethers-Linda could have Neill-Pantsil on the right. At least until Freddie and later on Faubert is back.
From where i was sitting he should have been sent off after 5 mins trying to correct the most horrendous ball of the whole game...

I thought Lucas played better on the left :shock:
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Devils Advocate wrote:I wanna know who it was that showered me with beer when our second went in :evil:

:lol:
hmmm.... where were you sitting? :wink:

Had a good day out and the best win I've seen in years, we looked very good in places but this was probably due to the fact that Derby were the worst team I've seen in years and gave us so much time and space we couldn't not look good.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

Anyone see the famous fella in the away end??
BonzoBonkers
Yellow card - abuse

Post by BonzoBonkers »

:lol: Excellent !!!! :lol:
Oldun
Has liked: 172 likes
Total likes: 563 likes

Post by Oldun »

PrinceH wrote:I thought Pantsil had a really good game. He came on with no match practice in a year and did it really well. No mistakes at all, except out of position maybe once. Wich was fewer times than Neill. I think ha can have mre games now, even if rather would see him on the right midfield. Maybe he could be the solution on the right, som Ethers-Linda could have Neill-Pantsil on the right. At least until Freddie and later on Faubert is back.
Nicked from ITBS

Oh Johnny Pantsil you are the love of my life
Oh Johnny Pantsil id let you eat my wife
OH johnny Pantsil ,were all Cannibals tooooo.
Last edited by Oldun on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.