Derby County 0 West Ham Utd 5 (10/11/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

happyhammer7

Derby County 0 West Ham Utd 5 (10/11/07)

Post by happyhammer7 »

Ok, a bit early for this one but I thought I would start it anyway. First off, I was gutted about the result today and it has raised a few concerns about this match, concerns I'm sure you will all share with me. It's all the fashion, the players are down with it, we dread it, yes ladies and gentlemen, we are talking about injuries. Now, I am trying to piece together who will be back in time for this game. It is becoming a big concern. Soon we are gonna have Steve Bacon galloping down the wing if this situation takes a turn for the even worst. I was looking forward to the Derby game this season because I thought it would be a good opportunity to see a few goals, but now I fear this game as much as fielding a full side away at one of the top 4 (no not you Tottenham, please sit back down)
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

It wont be an easy game. They will give us a game and keep fighting. Just a win will do. A lucky 1-0 win with a scrappy goal off spectors arse cheek will do.
King Guy

Post by King Guy »

with bellamy back and matty putting in another stormer we'll come away with the win. :thup:
homebrew

Post by homebrew »

Sorry if this is on here elsewhere, but is Noble injured now as well ? :shock:
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

homebrew wrote:Sorry if this is on here elsewhere, but is Noble injured now as well ? :shock:
He's been injured since Tuesday v Cov :shock:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: He's been injured since Tuesday v Cov :shock:
its more than likely he wont make the bench, but may be in the squad
Dublin Iron
Location: East, East, East...Dublin. Well, South Dublin to be honest.

Post by Dublin Iron »

Derby are a poor side, but they're not as poor as their 5-0 against Arsenal and 6-0 against Liverpool would suggest. They are probably on a par with Bolton - so I think a draw would be an okay result for us. But I expect a win. 2 - 1.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Not going to make any predictions about this game until we have some kind of indication about who's available. Hopefully Noble and Bellamy will be back. If they are... 2-0 win.

And yes, I do know I just contradicted myself.
happyhammer7

Post by happyhammer7 »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:Not going to make any predictions about this game until we have some kind of indication about who's available. Hopefully Noble and Bellamy will be back. If they are... 2-0 win.

And yes, I do know I just contradicted myself.
I always get predictions wrong so I'm leaving it well alone :lol:
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

While I would never say we are a team for the drop, we are a godsend to the likes of Derby and Bolton. While nobody expects us to go down, we are one of those teams which ever single club in the league feels that 3 points on their turf is achievable. Weather you are Man Utd or Derby, both will have dogeared this game as a possible 3 pointer.

Im making no predictions or team predictions until the game is over !
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

happyhammer7 wrote: I always get predictions wrong so I'm leaving it well alone :lol:
well say derby will win then!
happyhammer7

Post by happyhammer7 »

We will get smashed 4-0, 3 players sent off and Curbs will have a trouser "accident" on the touchline :lol:
davek26962
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by davek26962 »

I was worried about the Bolton game but I don't think Derby are anywhere near as good as Bolton. I would expect a comfortable 2-0 to us.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

Anything's possible. They drew at home to Portsmouth and beat Newcastle. If they beat us then they might even leap out of the bottom three. They are obviously very poor in defence so let's hope we have Carlton and Matty on form and someone else apart from Camara or LBM.
TheRedRisky

Post by TheRedRisky »

happyhammer7 wrote: I always get predictions wrong so I'm leaving it well alone :lol:
Youre just doing it wrong :P

Predict we'll lose 2-0 and well obviously win 2-0 :P
MaastrichtHammer

Post by MaastrichtHammer »

West Ham 1-0
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

davek26962 wrote:I was worried about the Bolton game but I don't think Derby are anywhere near as good as Bolton. I would expect a comfortable 2-0 to us.
I agree... despite form, Bolton was pretty much most of their first choice 11 (about 8 or 9 of them) that got into Europe not too long ago! People talk about Bolton as if we were playing a newly promoted team, but with a midfield that boasted Speed, Campo, Nolan and Diof you had plenty of experiene and real quality!

That brings us to Derby... no real experience, no real quality... if we dont get a result it will be very disappointing indeed! Despite missing 6-7 of our first choice 11, we still have a pretty experienced team (depending on who is back)

If we can put out a team consisting of;
Green, McCartney, Neill, Upson, Gabbidon, Etherington, Solano, Bowyer, Mullins, Cole, Camara

We should get at least a point
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

I'm hoping Bellamy comes back Sat.
he's training again apparently.

Bywater in goal for them he's gonna wanna put in a performance... but we have Super Green so..

1-0 to us.

Let's see 442 saturday Curbs please.
butzee

Post by butzee »

worried about our form against pompey coventry and bolton all games we should have won and let the others in the game in the last 30 mins....think its a 1-0 to them bolton game will have knocked us and confidence
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

westlondonhammer wrote: If we can put out a team consisting of;
Green, McCartney, Neill, Upson, Gabbidon, Etherington, Solano, Bowyer, Mullins, Cole, Camara

We should get at least a point
I wouldn't be so sure about Mullins being fit

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/648310.html

That's the one area I'm really worried about. We only really have Bowyer fit for the middle. Whilst he isn't bad defensively, that's not his strength, imo, and we need a more defensive player in there as well.

I'm not sure if Quashie is fit enough to be considered (I read last week he was training again), so it looks like we're really struggling there. Curbs seems to think Spector can do a job, but I haven't been massively convinced
Let's see 442 saturday Curbs please.
I couldn't agree more!