West Ham Utd 1 Tottenham 1 (25/11/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bobo

Post by bobo »

Marky wrote:Thought Parker played well and Ashton looked sharp.

Noble another poor game he needs some reserve time alsio thought Gabbidon needs dropping

Gabbidon needs DROPPING??? :eh: :eh: :eh:
bobo

Post by bobo »

bobo wrote:
They guy looked solid as a rock!!
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Just looked at the match again.

Did anyone see the moment in the second half when Lucas plays a poor free kick into the Spuds area and the camera cuts to Curbs who clearly mouths to Merv "what a fckin **** free kick" :lol:
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

Hammer&Wings wrote:on glory glory,they've got a whole thread dedicated to Englands no1,Mr Robert Green,with some chap called neilbob holding the Hammers corner
no idea who he is, but the boy has style you have to give him that...
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Did anyone see the game on Skysports and MOTD?
The way the game was spoken about was as though it was an England game (with Sp*ds being England and West Ham only being the opposition).
How biased can people get? Two English teams where those commentating should be equal to both. Has anyone heard to how Keane should have been booked or Chimbonda sent off since the match finished, because I haven't. Everything during and after the game seemed to be pro-Sp*ds, why?
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

Not sure if it's been mentioned but did anyone notice that dirty cheating **** Keane hiding behind the post off the pitch after a corner/free kick?

Green had the ball and Keane was hiding there in case he put the ball down to kick it so he could nick in and steal a goal. Cheating slag, shouldn't be allowed - very unsporting imo.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Keane was a right p**** ****. :evil:

In my hungover/drunken state I decided "Drive for a tenner, he'll do your drive for a tenner" was something clever to sing :oops:

Bit off topic, and I know it was a 1.30 KO and all that crap, but their support was fuckin *****, especially for what their chairman has called a cup final to them. Same old Sp*rs scum. Give it the big 'un then never turn up. c****. :evil:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The Bob wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned but did anyone notice that dirty cheating c*nt Keane hiding behind the post off the pitch after a corner/free kick?

Green had the ball and Keane was hiding there in case he put the ball down to kick it so he could nick in and steal a goal. Cheating slag, shouldn't be allowed - very unsporting imo.
Surely if he had ambushed Green then the ever-alert and totally impartial Mike Riley would have penalised him for leaving the pitch without permission.

Sure he would.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Ginger Freeman wrote:Disgusting refereeing performance today. What a c*nt. Even Poll was never that biased for a whole match. Ban the ****er after that.
Personally i thought he was totally unbiased in the respect that he was **** for both teams. Your right though- he is a ****! :wink:
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

My answer to many a Spud fan today about the first half non-penalty is that Keane was offside which was proved on TV, the usual answer from them is that didnt matter but i had great success pointing out the wrong decision on the offside nullifies the penalty because you cant moan about one bad decision and ignore the other.
Zman39
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Zman39 »

The Bob wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned but did anyone notice that dirty cheating c*nt Keane hiding behind the post off the pitch after a corner/free kick?

I'm sure people on here would regard it as genius if Bellamy or Cole did the same :)
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Did anyone see this?
Graham Poll's Official Line: West Ham v Tottenham
Last updated at 09:17am on 26th November 2007

Mike Riley had a tough game and two penalty appeals to deal with.

The first appeared straightforward as Keane was clean through with just Green to beat and the keeper seemed to bring him down.

Whether Riley allowed himself to be swayed by the fact that Green did not intend to bring Keane down, or that if he gave a penalty he would have to send Green off, I don't know.

For me, Spurs looked harshly done by.

People often think referees 'level things up' and the first view of the penalty Riley did award to Tottenham might have supported that incorrect opinion.

But Neill pulled Defoe back by his shirt and the award was absolutely correct.
I have a funny feeling that Gnome's match report will reveal a different story tomorrow :lol:
ManInTheIronsMask.
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by ManInTheIronsMask. »

Zman39 wrote: I'm sure people on here would regard it as genius if Bellamy or Cole did the same :)
George Parris did it once and scored when he was playing for Brighton.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

bobo wrote:
Somebody has to be blamed for not winning on here. Come on, get with the program.
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

Hi all. Not been around much this season as I've been working over in India. Means that (luckily) I've managed to miss most of the shennanighans at Spurs this season, I did manage to get myself back for the game on Sunday though.

Don't know about you lot but I actually thought it was a really good game in terms of going from end to end and having a lot of incident and excitement.

Due to being in India that was my first look in the flesh at Ramos' Spurs and he has definitely changed the way that we play. We look to be playing more one touch stuff and also breaking and attacking much more quickly as opposed to the slower more purposeful build up under Jol.

I thought there was a real contrast between the two sides style of play on Sunday with West Ham playing mainly a long ball game and conceeding free kicks early on in any Tottenham attacks to stop our passing game.

Those that are saying that Riley ruined the flow of the game by blowing for so many free kicks.... I would argue that that is exactly what Curbishley wanted. The flow of the game was such that it was like we were the home team and when in posession Spurs looked quicker than West Ham and were passing it around them. Therefore I thought this tactic was a smart move by Curbishley as it allowed you to regroup defensively. Getting it forward long and early also put pressure on our (shaky) defence and ensured that our midfield couldn't push forward too far as they also had to get back to help deal with the scraps.

For you lot I thought Upson and Carlton Cole were the stand out players by far, Upson looks to be back where he was when he was getting into the England squad. I've never really understood what it is people rate about Lucas Neill though - all he seems to do is concede fouls. Mullins was the pick of your midfield I thought and he seemed to carry out Curbishley's gameplan to the letter. Noble though looks as though he really needs a rest as it's clear he isn't playing nearly as well as he was late last season. Ashton seemed to me to look rather heavy, I know he's a big built guy but he looks as fatter than Mido did before he was bombed out at Tottenham. Is it down to him being out injured for a while or do you think he has a problem with his diet/training?

For us I thought that some of Berbatov's touches were an absolute joy to watch. It doesn't seem to matter if he is on his own or surrounded by three players he is still able to control and use the ball exactly as he wants, in the end the West Ham players resorted to fouling him as quickly as possible.... Unfortunately for us though I fear Dimitar will be at Man Utd next Summer (if not in January). For us I thought that Zokora and especially Jenas were very good today, running the show in the centre of midfield

A draw was probably about fair I guess. I can point to the missed pen (and also the two others that weren't given - if it had been the other way round I'm sure you lot would all be screaming that they were definite pens) whereas you lot can point to a couple of very good saves from Robinson (who I thought looked to be getting back to the same keeper he was a couple of years ago when he played with confidence and looked to command his area more) along with the late clearance off the line too.

Going into the second half of the season I'd say that you lot simply need your best midfield players back from injury (Dyer and Ljundberg) and probably also a better central defensive partner for Upson. Whereas we either need Ledley King back or an able replacement for him (and with Ledley's injury record the past couple of years we cannot rely on him getting and staying fit so it has to be the latter).

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the journey home after the game nearly as much as I did the match itself. I took my two sons (5 year olds) to the game and as 5 year olds always want to do they wore their Spurs shirts. Apparently though this makes it OK for West Ham fans to spit on me and - far worse - them, and not only that but for one (as part of a small group of course) to attempt to stick a right hook on me.... Although - as is the case with most of those sort of types - he wasn't quite so brave when lying flat on his back - and suprise, suprise neither were the little group that he was with....... If that person happens to be a member of this board then all I can say is that I hope it was a broken nose you sustained.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Luke (THFC) wrote:Hi all. Not been around much this season as I've been working over in India.
Before reading the rest, I have to say the following:

RIGHTEO!! :thup: :thup: :lol: :wink:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Luke (THFC) wrote:I'd say that you lot probably also need a better central defensive partner for Upson.
Despite having one of the best defensive records in the premiership and only conceding 4 goals away from home?
Also taking into account our defensive record for the last dozen or so games last season with the same 4 to choose from?
Luke (THFC) wrote:If that person happens to be a member of this board then all I can say is that I hope it was a broken nose you sustained.
Good on you mate.
A **** is a ****, regardless of the club. :thup:

Jenas was MoM for me.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: A c*nt is a c*nt, regardless of the club. :thup:
Agreed.

Where is Glorious Spurs these days.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Luke (THFC) wrote:Hi all.
Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the journey home after the game nearly as much as I did the match itself. I took my two sons (5 year olds) to the game and as 5 year olds always want to do they wore their Sp*rs shirts. Apparently though this makes it OK for West Ham fans to spit on me and - far worse - them, and not only that but for one (as part of a small group of course) to attempt to stick a right hook on me.... Although - as is the case with most of those sort of types - he wasn't quite so brave when lying flat on his back - and suprise, suprise neither were the little group that he was with....... If that person happens to be a member of this board then all I can say is that I hope it was a broken nose you sustained.
Hi Luke, concise as ever.

Re: the last paragraph: scummy behaviour.
making your kids support Spurs, that is! :wink:

Seriously, spitting at kids in colours (even your horrible shirts) fully deserves a punch to the hooter.
I'm sure that even ESM wouldn't stoop that low and his hatred for you lot is pathalogical.
Favhammer

Post by Favhammer »

[quote

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the journey home after the game nearly as much as I did the match itself. I took my two sons (5 year olds) to the game and as 5 year olds always want to do they wore their Sp*rs shirts. Apparently though this makes it OK for West Ham fans to spit on me and - far worse - them, and not only that but for one (as part of a small group of course) to attempt to stick a right hook on me.... Although - as is the case with most of those sort of types - he wasn't quite so brave when lying flat on his back - and suprise, suprise neither were the little group that he was with....... If that person happens to be a member of this board then all I can say is that I hope it was a broken nose you sustained.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that Luke , I love West Ham and 99% of our supporters are the most loyal and longest suffering there are ...but I hate that small minded bunch of idiots ...who think they are supporting their team by picking on people.. I hope the twats nose is broken ....can I also say ... I hate sp*rs but some of those anti Jewish songs are disgusting ...and I feel somewhat ashamed to hear them ... Fire away all you like ....