Chelsea 1 West Ham Utd 0 (01/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

No surprise our competitiveness effectively ended the moment Freddie F. Ljungberg came on for Solano. How the f*** he deserved a place on the bench ahead of Noble (let alone a 20 min performance that made a one-legged Don Hutchison look like Kaka) after the shenanigans he pulled last week against the Spuds I'll never ****ing know. Wake the f*** up Droopy and ship that freeloading ******** out. NOW.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

miles wrote:No surprise our competitiveness effectively ended the moment Freddie F. Ljungberg came on for Solano. How the f*ck he deserved a place on the bench ahead of Noble (let alone a 20 min performance that made a one-legged Don Hutchison look like Kaka) after the shenanigans he pulled last week against the Spuds I'll never f*cking know. Wake the f*ck up Droopy and ship that freeloading ******** out. NOW.
He didn't do a great deal that's for sure & we certainly weren't as good with him on the pitch that we were without him..

Anyway, chuffed to bits, good performance, we defended much better than last week, we were better in the middle of the park although didn't create loads, but not many teams do against them, good performance none the less..

Carlitos Cole MOTM !! :thup:
Neil's Orr

Post by Neil's Orr »

Sorry not read thru the whole thread but personally thought it was one of the hardest working team performances we have put in for a long time.
Just about everyone was top drawer - particularly impressed with the work Solano, Boa Morte and Cole put in pressing their defence/midfield. Mullins was great, as were Upson and Gabbidon.

Still get nervous when Neill has the ball. Parker breaks up play well but when he has it still has a tendency to turn cirles or simply run with it until he is tackled but decent enough.

Etherington was the only player (from starting 11) that frustrated today, had many chances to create but just either seemed overly excited or clueless. Still worked hard but not his best day.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Neil's Orr wrote:Sorry not read thru the whole thread but personally thought it was one of the hardest working team performances we have put in for a long time.
Just about everyone was top drawer - particularly impressed with the work Solano, Boa Morte and Cole put in pressing their defence/midfield. Mullins was great, as were Upson and Gabbidon.

Still get nervous when Neill has the ball. Parker breaks up play well but when he has it still has a tendency to turn cirles or simply run with it until he is tackled but decent enough.

Etherington was the only player (from starting 11) that frustrated today, had many chances to create but just either seemed overly excited or clueless. Still worked hard but not his best day.
Pretty much how i saw it too..
H4g5ster

Post by H4g5ster »

Torrent of yesterdays game

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1023287
coviron

Post by coviron »

sanchoz wrote:f*cking loved it today. "Size 16, you're having a laugh". And they call us p****. How f*cking ugly were those four that f*cked off during the first half? Plus that guy who was on the verge of crying. I wonder if he did end up sheading some tears over getting berated by a few thousand West Ham fans :wink:

Leaving the game today there were a group singing West Ham songs and what not and then there was a bit of agro outside a hotel and the police ran in sharpish. Next thing I know I have a police horse either side of me and my brother has a horse drooling over his shouler (ha ha). The old bill did not like it and they chased this group all the way up Fulham Road to the station were things started to get silly and those Hammers there getting involved started to show themselves up.
was your brother the one walking backwards, who ended up between the two horses :D
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I've been reading some of the reports of our game in the papers and they seem so different to the game i watched yesterday. THey seem to make out that chelsea were in total control in the second half and that we didn't have any chances. I agree we didn't offer much going forward but I didn't think chelsea really looked like scoring until they got lucky with the offside.

Is it just me?
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

jacko wrote:I've been reading some of the reports of our game in the papers and they seem so different to the game i watched yesterday. THey seem to make out that chelsea were in total control in the second half and that we didn't have any chances. I agree we didn't offer much going forward but I didn't think chelsea really looked like scoring until they got lucky with the offside.

Is it just me?
It's not just you...

The reports seem to mostly say two things: it was a poor game; and Chelski dominated. It seems most here don't think either is true. I thought it was a facinating and edgy derby. And whilst Chelski always looked capable of scoring, apart from the double save by Greeno they had few clear-cut chances either.
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Surprise surprise The Mail gave us the better write up said we were unlucky and that Mikle should have been red carded. Wonders never cease
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: He didn't do a great deal that's for sure & we certainly weren't as good with him on the pitch that we were without him..

Anyway, chuffed to bits, good performance, we defended much better than last week, we were better in the middle of the park although didn't create loads, but not many teams do against them, good performance none the less..

Carlitos Cole MOTM !! :thup:

Completely agree. The moment Solano went off Ljunberg came on was the moment I began to think we were gonna lose.
chalky

Post by chalky »

desertiron wrote:Absolutely ridiculous in the first half when Terry had LBM by the collar.
And my favourite commentry quote of the match, something like "Lampard was a bit heavy when he was 17 or 18"
Yeah, I heard that too. Made me smile. Also the oblique reference to dad Frank snr and uncle 'arry + nepotism. Thing is, they've been proved right! Love him or loath him, he can actually play a bit.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Post Horn Gallop wrote:Surprise surprise The Mail gave us the better write up said we were unlucky and that Mikle should have been red carded. Wonders never cease
I just fainted
bobo

Post by bobo »

Does anyone know if Parker was OK? Mullins was signalling to the bench that Parker needed to come off. I hope that it was just because he was so ****ed from bossing the midfield & carrying Lampard in his pocked all day.

Also did anyone have a pint of the black stuff in the slug before the game? that was the best pint i have ever had in my life!!

Parker 10/10 for me.
bobo

Post by bobo »

AlfieG wrote: No Mate. I just cannot understand why we are always looking for a scapegoat. Today the TEAM performance was v good. I felt proud of them and do not look for the negatives on such a day.

Freddy has barely played for us yet so why slag him off :eh:

I feel really sorry for Dyer.... At half time in his first game back some muppet will be on here saying 'what a waste of money'....... Jeez!

:thup:
bobo

Post by bobo »

Collins doing cross bar challenge yesterday was funny!!
Ironted
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Ironted »

sanchoz wrote: I just fainted
what is it with these people buyiing the Mail?
westhamnil

Post by westhamnil »

I was away for the weekend but caught the full game on Sky. I thought that it would be amongst the best performances we have put in this season. We were unlucky to lose but that's football. I thought that Webb had a reasonable game yesterday over 90 minutes, the goal wasn't his decision. Other refs may have sent Mikel off but he wasn't intimidated by their antics overall.
Is it just me or is Terry the best example of everything that is wrong with modern football out there. I never thought I'd say it but Beckham is absolutely head and shoulders over Terry for leading by example.
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Kentammer »

westhamnil wrote: I never thought I'd say it but Beckham is absolutely head and shoulders over Terry for leading by example.
Can you recall Beckham ever giving referees as much abuse and as little respect as John Terry? Can you even imagine it? How about the shirt / neck grabbing? Trying to grab a card out of the referees hand? Terry is a cheating, arrogant **** of a footballer and human being. Cannot fathom how he gets away with it. Can't stand the bloke.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Fantastic performance! We really deserved to get a point out of the game and if it wasn't for a goal that was offside we would of got that point.

Outstanding team performance with a lot of outstanding individual performances. Three players stand out for me - Cole, Parker and Gabbidon. If anyone has played Drogba better than Gabbidon did yesterday then I'd like to hear about it because Gabbs had Drogba in his back pocket, Cole worked so hard upfront on his own and dominated both Alex and Terry and Parker (who was my MOTM) was utter class and walked all over Fat Frank. Very good atmosphere from us as well.

Oh and Matty Upson is showing exactly why Curbs signed him. Another good game from him.

The ref was shocking and I'm starting to think the refs have some sort of vendetta against us. As we all know as well their goal was offside as well (looked off even from the away end) and all in all we had a lot of decisions go against us. Talking about their goal, Joe Cole has gone down in my estimation the little ****er after his celebrations. Anyone want to tell me how Mikel got away with just a yellow card with that foul? Awful challenge.

Oh and Fat Frank and his celebrations after the game - if you've just had a crap game against your ex-club and have been dominated by Scott Parker I'd suggest not celebrating like you've just won the World Cup. Utter ****.

Proud of our performance yesterday. :thup:
westhamnil

Post by westhamnil »

When we were down in the fizzy pop, we had Terry's mobile number due to one of the lad's girlfriends being a model and posing for the club catalogue pre-season (Terry gave her his number).
Did we ever give the twat grief for weeks? Every Saturday on the way to games we'd call him, by the time we finished he'd be going "Who the fack is this? How did you get this number?" Tosser kept us entertained for a while.