Chelsea 1 West Ham Utd 0 (01/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

otter_of_despair

Post by otter_of_despair »

No ****ing way does drogba deserve MOM. In Gabbidon's pocket all game
Eggy bread

Post by Eggy bread »

Larry wrote:god I hate Chelsea with a passion - no way did we deserve to lose they game. an very good performance by us.
And I particurlary hate ****ing John Terry with a passion, no need to pick Boa up as he did on first half and he's constantly moaning!!! :evil:
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

Haven't read the whole thread but if the person who has the laser pen reads this....Please piss off...those things are so **** and it's just gonna get us a bad rep.

Drogba gave you a mention...well done....hope you feel proud. Actually he more or less called you an idiot, thankfully he didn't label the rest of us with the same tag.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

smuts wrote:
Hopefully the injury jinx is over and the likes of Parker and Ljungberg can stay fit and prove they are worth the £10 million we splashed on them.
I thought Scott Parker repaid the first instalment today.
ghammer

Post by ghammer »

we battled superbly today did think we just lacked that touch of class from somewhere, but our spirit was first class. Also thought Deano's touch and quality showed when he came on he has such a good touch and close control curbs must start with him and cole next could be awesome :thup: well done lads great show today
movieweb

Post by movieweb »

To be told we "fought valiantly" doesn't make me feel less shitty than I do. We deserved something out of that game and couldn't reach out and grab it.

I think Ashton should've come on to start the second half. He might well have been able to provide that bit of magic around the goal we were lacking.

As it was, Cole produced the only magic, which of course was galling. A well-taken goal, though.

If we can keep playing like we did today, and create more chances on goal, the future looks good.

Come on you Irons!
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

Well played West Ham. :crest:
West Ham Tom

Post by West Ham Tom »

Good performance from all the players. Was very pleased with Parker he looks pretty good.
Am very dissapointed with the defeat. No way did we deserve that. And also lost all respect for Joe Cole aswell. Okay fair enough he scored but Defoe didnt even celebrate when he scored agaisnt us a few seasons ago.
jon253

Post by jon253 »

Eggy bread wrote: And I particurlary hate f*cking John Terry with a passion, no need to pick Boa up as he did on first half and he's constantly moaning!!! :evil:
So why was he not sent off? Thought H Webb had a terrible game today, seemed to be pro Chelski. Maybe Avram had given him a bung. cant trust the Israeli's :) 8-)
westhamrobw

Post by westhamrobw »

well played west ham :thup: :crest:
yabush

Post by yabush »

I feel fine even we lost,
just like the game against Spud last season

we lost but we were great :thup:
Jackanakanory

Post by Jackanakanory »

Upson MOM for me, he's getting better every week, no coincidence that we have the best defence outside the top four.

Gabbs did very well too.

Good team performance very unlucky.

Only gripe...Ethers...Pull the trigger son...gets through on goal and passes instead of taking a crack.

Can I also give a mention to AC, I'm not his greatest fan but he got the tactics and the subs spot on today. Well done sir.
Adi Cokers Boots

Post by Adi Cokers Boots »

Typical biased Sky sh*te I see, interview Drogba and Grant but don't show any Hammers :x
Adi Cokers Boots

Post by Adi Cokers Boots »

That dirty little c*nt Mikel should've gone too.
desertiron

Post by desertiron »

Absolutely ridiculous in the first half when Terry had LBM by the collar.
And my favourite commentry quote of the match, something like "Lampard was a bit heavy when he was 17 or 18"
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

jon253 wrote: So why was he not sent off? Thought H Webb had a terrible game today, seemed to be pro Chelski. Maybe Avram had given him a bung. cant trust the Israeli's :) 8-)
Yes Howard Webb was awful today, really bad. Mikel should of been sent off, he at least stopped two counter attacks by fouls and the cards he gave were very inconsistent.
Jackanakanory

Post by Jackanakanory »

Adi Cokers Boots wrote:Typical biased Sky sh*te I see, interview Drogba and Grant but don't show any Hammers :x
Be fair they had about ten minutes and are gonna interview the winning manager and MOM...If it was Super Sunday they would show both.
Zman39
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Zman39 »

Thought the central pairing of Gabbidon and Upson played great. Mullins won a lot of balls and I don't understand why so many on here slag him off. Parker looked very good, strong in the tackle and had composure on the ball. Cole held the ball up well, even though he didn't always have a lot of support. I thought our worst player was probably Etherington. I have to say that I think that their goal was onside, but I think the ref got that right more by luck than skill
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Im very proud, this is why we support the Hammers. Gabbidon excellent, gets beat once and we lose the game, feel for the bloke. Ljungberg looks disinterested. But im very proud. Chelsea deserved f*** all.
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

[quote="desertiron"]Absolutely ridiculous in the first half when Terry had LBM by the collar.

Yeah i thought that. Who does he think he is the c-nt