Chelsea 1 West Ham Utd 0 (01/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Bob

Post by The Bob »

Imagine if Solano could head the ball. He'd be some player.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Delighted with that display........Upson and Gabbs fantastic and a special mention for Scott Parker outstanding in the midfield (we got ourselves a player there), but hats off to all the lads and Curbs. Although the game will show we lost 1-0 the performance should give the team tremendous confidence.

Boa was outstanding too :thup:
Last edited by davids cross on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

The Bob wrote:Imagine if Solano could head the ball. He'd be some player.
He'd be Christiano Ronaldo...

:lol:
jonnyhammer

Post by jonnyhammer »

TampaHammer wrote:I'm no manager, but I would have injected Ashton at the half for Boa Morte. Left Ethers out on the left. and Brought on Freddie for a more central Mid-field role for Parker, if it was a fitness thing.
Thank **** you aint the manager then mate. Boa Morte was causing them problems all game.
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

The commentators were talking about something the fat one said about us in the match program. Does anyone know what he said?
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Before the season it was pointed out that :-

a) Both feet off the floor = straight red
b) Tackle from behind = straight red

c) Both feet from behind = yellow?

Turning point of the game for me.

We also really need Bellamy back because right now Ashton needs a good 2 months of intensive cardio.
XIRONSX

Post by XIRONSX »

davids cross wrote:Delighted with that display........Upson and Gabbs fantastic and a special mention for Scott Parker outstanding in the midfield (we got ourselves a player there), but hats off to all the lads and Curbs. Although the game will show we lost 1-0 the performance should give the team tremendous confidence.

Boa was outstanding too :thup:
Agree with all of that. :thup:
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Jackanakanory wrote:Upson MOM for me, he's getting better every week, no coincidence that we have the best defence outside the top four.

Gabbs did very well too.

Good team performance very unlucky.

Only gripe...Ethers...Pull the trigger son...gets through on goal and passes instead of taking a crack.

Can I also give a mention to AC, I'm not his greatest fan but he got the tactics and the subs spot on today. Well done sir.
"Oh no he didn't "(Coming up to the panto season) He should have taken Ethers off and left Nobby on, he would probably have scored that free kick Deano wasted. Lunberg is a totally useless c***. and just before that little moron Cole scored he should have brought the Yank on as Parker looked knackered as well he might with the effort he and the rest of the lads put in. Carlton Cole was my MOTM
I say this every week Curbishley is NOT tactically aware at this level.
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

Also Mullins appears to be pushing forward a lot more now, and he is very good at doing so. Well done Curbs for recognising this.
Cock & Hammer

Post by Cock & Hammer »

It was always going to be a draw or a 1-0 although I thought it was us who were going to nick it.

Boa & Scott were excellent.

Good game. Great atmosphere.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I think we were superb. I didn't really think they ever looked like scoring. It's annoying that Upson and Gabs play so well and then we have a goal not given offside. All the hard work undone by a stupid linesman.
desertiron

Post by desertiron »

Just a question, but what are your opinions on how Green handled the goal? Did he come out at the right time? Not slating by any means, just curious.
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

desertiron wrote:Just a question, but what are your opinions on how Green handled the goal? Did he come out at the right time? Not slating by any means, just curious.
He did all he could do IMO, Cole did unfortunately very well.
anjado
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by anjado »

I thought we played very well today our team is built to play away from home. Gabbidon,Upson,Cole,Mullins and Parker all had fantastic games. Boa Morte worked his socks off but his acceleration with the ball sometimes is appalling. He also looked ****ed by the end and should of come off instead of Etherington. Etherington is completly lacking confidence since the Bolton game when he was blamed for putting a cross in. He never took on Belletti at all the only time he did Belletti hacked him down and got booked. If Reid keeps playing brilliantly for the reserves i would give him a chance soon.

We worked very hard and deserved a point from the game despite not really creating much.

Also does anyone know if Noble was injured surely having him on the bench is a better option then Spector if he wasn't ?
Last edited by anjado on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

jacko wrote:I think we were superb. I didn't really think they ever looked like scoring. It's annoying that Upson and Gabs play so well and then we have a goal not given offside. All the hard work undone by a stupid linesman.
To be fair, it was a bloody close call.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

anjado wrote:I thought we played very well today our team is built to play away from home. Gabbidon,Upson,Cole,Mullins and Parker all had fantastic games.
From my moody (free!) feed I thought Upson and Mulilns were just about our best performers.

A decent effort all round but it's hard to be too happy when we've been beaten. Regardless of the opposition (who, let's be fair, were there for the taking today).
FurryDice Upton Boy

Post by FurryDice Upton Boy »

Good performance from the lads - let donw by some dodgy officials again - seems to be every week now doesn't it? I think Ashton definitely looks out of shape and Ljungberg looks like he wants to bee anywhere but with West Ham!

Thought Boa played a blinder and cannot believe that Sky gave Didier Dogshit MOTM - WTF is that about? Anyone know what Curbs said if interviewed after the game?
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

Up the Junction wrote: From my moody (free!) feed I thought Upson and Mulilns were just about our best performers.

A decent effort all round but it's hard to be too happy when we've been beaten. Regardless of the opposition (who, let's be fair, were there for the taking today).
Yeah i agree, they were there for the taking today. If someone would have just bloody shot.

Well pleased with there efforts though. Just need to be more deadly in front of goal
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

just got back.-its handing living in west london (sometimes!)..almost a great day out....

ref ruined the game..how the fuk did mikel stay on- shud have been off for one or both transgressions.

we played so well today, great atmos. all round..

we lost it for two reasons i) we didnt pull the trigger on a couple of good chances we had ii) curbs didnt react quickly enough to the swp substitution

other than that, we are looking alot more solid-- and a goood second half of the season beckons...

was joe cole offside?
looked so to me!!

oh, and just finally...I think i was there when freddi gaylord finally got a sweat on for us *

*just joking
Last edited by w4hammer on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

As Curbs said... We deserved a draw.. Work rate and effort v good and the fans fantastic again. :thup: A lot of positives today.