Chelsea 1 West Ham Utd 0 (01/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Mitch wrote: Because he is a decent player who is very flexible and can come on and play in midfield or at the back. :wink:
Seems Mr.Curbishley fancies him more as a midfielder. Now he's no Geoff Hurst, obviously, but it's worked before ...
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

smuts wrote: How about not standing there when the ball comes near you for a start?

I am slightly biased against Freddie as I know a few Gooners at work and everyone to a man said at the start of his last season for them that "He's finished as his pace has gone, Wenger wants rid of him and he will look for someone to give him his last big pay day"......9 months later he signs for us......
:wink: :wink:
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

I think Alfie, that in the games he has played for us that he has looked the same. A shadow of the player he was 3-4 years ago, and not one that warrants being among our top earners.

Funny how Cole's goal today stood when a similar one scored by the Swedish sicknote against the Arse was disallowed.......
mrchewy

Post by mrchewy »

We lost BUT I think we are starting to look like we are a decent team, with structure. Yeh, the subs puzzled me, however, I'm fairly optimistic.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

AlfieG wrote:I am slightly biased against Freddie as I know a few Gooners at work and everyone to a man said at the start of his last season for them that "He's finished as his pace has gone, Wenger wants rid of him and he will look for someone to give him his last big pay day"......9 months later he signs for us......
:wink: :wink:[/quote]

And what does that mean? That I am glad he is proving all the gooners I know right?
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

Was Joe Cole offside?

Personally I think that maybe his head and chest were but his feet weren't - so the benefit of the doubt has to go to the attacking side in my book. I just wish we had greater consitency in these situations.

Take it on the chin and move on I say.

Also - the guy with the green laser - just do one and shuffle off the face of the earth you're not welcome anywhere in my book. West Ham or not - you give the real fans a bad name. Credit to the drog he more or less said the same thing.

Euclid
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

I went today. I thought we played really well and snuffed Chelsea out perfectly.

Was really pleased to see Gabbidon back to somewhere near he's best and he was really on song today. He still wasn't as good as Upson who's been absolutely blinding over the last few weeks - I just hope all he's injuries are behind him as with him on form, we look really solid at the back.

Two things I weren't too pleased about. First thing was Etherington today, whenever he comes up against decent players all of he's self belief goes from him. He's passing and use of the ball today was terrible.

I also thought Deano should've been brought on sooner as coming on with only 10 mins left really gave him no chance.

Oh and I'm guessing Ljungberg still had a headache as he certainly played like he had one. The Swedish ponce didn't put one foot right and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the 1st tean.

Chelsea's support was also ****ing ****. The plastic-ness of their support stands out so much - They ****ing boo every 10 seconds and seem to shout handball for anything.

Our support was yet again great and I enjoyed the day. Just a shame we didn't get the point we deserved.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Just got back, was proud of the lads and we did deserve a point. I just wish that we had shot when we had a sight of ball rather than look to score the perfect goal. Away fans were fantastic today, as was the chelsea announcer, "In consideration of your fellow West Ham fans, please sit down" :lol: :lol:

Oh and taking the piss out of the 16 year old singing, "Stand up if you've ****ed his mum was also amusing.

I thought Boa Morte had an off day, but over all itwas a good team performance, Gabbidon had Drogba in his pocket all afternoon.
JesusShoes

Post by JesusShoes »

:cry:
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

Up the Junction wrote: From my moody (free!) feed I thought Upson and Mulilns were just about our best performers.

A decent effort all round but it's hard to be too happy when we've been beaten. Regardless of the opposition (who, let's be fair, were there for the taking today).
I thought Gabbs was our top man today. Played very well, and kept Drogba pretty quiet, which is no mean feat.

Parker did well - only complaint was that there were times he should have passed instead of trying to take people on. Solano had his moments as well until he ran out of steam in the second half - some intelligent play from him.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

This team should fear no-one. As the season goes on Freddie, Bellers and Deano will get in to a groove, but if we are to progress next year it's clear we need another wide player (Faubert) and another creative striker (dyer) and another class full back to keep pressure on george and lucas.
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by Kentammer »

Was good to see Gabbidon back to his HOTY best. Upson had a good game again too, fingers crossed those two will form a decent partnership: something we haven't consistantly had since Ferdinand / Ward. & that was a division below.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

bitterly disappointed.

thought we presured well and showed some nice touches. seemed to run out of legs towards the end.

great atmosphere from our end though, in good voice throughout.

CC was immense, Gabbs and Upson didnt deserve to be on the losing side and Parker had fatty in his pocket.

as i left the ground I consoled myself with the fact that at least we're a proper club with proper support. was proud of my fellow supporters today - showed class. hopefully it came across that way on the box.
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by Kentammer »

Yet again, thought the one known affectionately as 'JT' to the Chelsea, erm, faithful, was disgraceful today. His constant harassing of the ref and his reaction to Boa Morte's challenge on Cudicini were shocking. Shame it's not a one off. I don't know how he gets away with what he does, arrogant overpaid c*nt. How he got the England captaincy over Gerrard I will never know.
west ham dancing shoes

Post by west ham dancing shoes »

ashton should have came on earlier.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Kentammer wrote:Yet again, thought the one known affectionately as 'JT' to the Chelsea, erm, faithful, was disgraceful today. His constant harassing of the ref and his reaction to Boa Morte's challenge on Cudicini were shocking. Shame it's not a one off. I don't know how he gets away with what he does, arrogant overpaid c*nt. How he got the England captaincy over Gerrard I will never know.
Agree 100%

He is one arrogant prick. How he gets away with it every week is very strange. I cannot wait to see his reaction when someone grabs him by the throat!
D&G

Post by D&G »

I found the last 15mins SO frustrating ARGH! I can already see a new system in place since Avram has become the new boss.
He plays a very Italian style which basically means when you go 1-0 up slow the game down and keep the ball. We couldn't get the ****ing ball for **** after they scored! ARGH!
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

AlfieG wrote: Agree 100%

He is one arrogant prick. How he gets away with it every week is very strange. I cannot wait to see his reaction when someone grabs him by the throat!
He was allowed to grag lbm by the throat and even then have hold of half of his shirt after that right in front of the ref. Ref did nothing.

Official - Bigger players of bigger clubs get things more there way
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Good performance & better than expected. Chelsea only realy got on top in last 15 minutes - after the substitutions. Wonder what would have happened if we'd made no chages, or just Ashton for Solano?
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Great day.

In The Slug from 11, good laugh and lots of singing. So funny that they put Bubbles on the speakers.

Good atmosphere by our lot in the ground. I feel sorry for genuine Chelsea fans; far to many US tourists looking for a day out. "Where were you when you were ****?" :wink:

Thought we were quality today and everyone worked their b*llocks off. At the end of the day their class showed today. We needed a little bit of luck but it never came.

Lampard. Oh dear. He made a point of being the last one to leave the pitch at the end of the game. He got the reaction he deserved ("Frank Lampard, you're a ****"). His dad must be so proud.
Last edited by roblo on Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.