Chelsea 1 West Ham Utd 0 (01/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

westhamgardner
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by westhamgardner »

Great game i thought we deserved a point to be honest. Solid defence, good midfield apart from Matty who looked weak and did well up front Cole put in another blinder. Proud of my team today well done boys
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

Oh well. Let's take heart from the performance and focus on the next game. :crest:
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

I seriously doubt wether Chelsea will have to work harder for a victory all season. Our lads were a credit to the club and did us fans proud today. Well done lads. :thup:

MoTM for me was Carlton Cole. Tireless display, great hold up play, superb first touch. :thup:
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

No disgrace in that defeat - tremendous performance by our lot, without creating much in the way of chances.

Upson and Gabbidon were immense today, Neil worries me. Parker & Mullins looked good in the middle. Nobby, Cole & Boa worked their arses off. Still concerned about McCartney - doesn't do anything obviously wrong, but there's too much coming in from - but again that might be because Matty "What me? break a sweat?" Etherington is doing f*** all in front of him.
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

Such a shame.

We were brilliaint today, if a little nervous when in dominating positions.

Curbs was excellenet today, set the team up perfect.

You've gotta be delighted with that performance surely.
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

We were unlucky to loose this game. I don´t think Chelsea could have won without a helping hand form the ref.

A big :thup: to our players
Football Genius

Post by Football Genius »

Great performance from the lads, Upson my MOTM.

Although, where was Etherington today? Who was the blind one legged gimp playing in his shirt?
rompling

Post by rompling »

Thought the whole team played well
parker mullins cole and gabby thumbs up
LBM great game
But why bring on SPECCY champ quality at best nowhere good enough I`m afraid
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

Very, very good job today.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I don't think we deserved to lose. Carlton Cole, Matty Upson and Gabbidon were just brilliant imo. A draw would have been a fair result, but I'm optimistic and can't wait for our next game.
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Re: s

Post by The Green Man »

theykilledkenny wrote:Has someone ever heard Ashton's voice? Is it like female?
Sounds like a hardman :thup:
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

mattcox10 wrote:Such a shame.

We were brilliaint today, if a little nervous when in dominating positions.

Curbs was excellenet today, set the team up perfect.

You've gotta be delighted with that performance surely.
Yup, we played one of the big 4 away from home, were never at all outclassed and lost to a class goal.

If we can build on that - and get bellers back for some cutting edge - I reckon we can go far this year.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

god I hate Chelsea with a passion - no way did we deserve to lose they game. an very good performance by us.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

excellent gritty performance. Unlucky lads

we've a creative, unpredictable livewire in our team who can take on and players and unlock defences, we'd be a really, really good side
desertiron

Post by desertiron »

Done us proud. The odd goal.... I thought Gabbs was fantastic against Drogba.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Kludgehammer wrote:No disgrace in that defeat - tremendous performance by our lot, without creating much in the way of chances.

Upson and Gabbidon were immense today, Neil worries me. Parker & Mullins looked good in the middle. Nobby, Cole & Boa worked their arses off. Still concerned about McCartney - doesn't do anything obviously wrong, but there's too much coming in from - but again that might be because Matty "What me? break a sweat?" Etherington is doing f*ck all in front of him.
I think you summed it up. Gabbs maybe shaded Upson for the first time, he was my MoM. And LBM had his best game for us by a long way. CC and LBM had Alex all over the place. The only let-down was Ethers.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Good performance and Gabbs and Upson coped very well against Drogba (who I feel is one of the best in the world).

Matty seems to be drifting out of sorts again though and needs to get his early season form back again.

I still reckon the goal was offside and I bet the Lino would have flagged if that was us, as for Cole ...the little mongoloid tw*t, hopefully someone will throw him out of another window soon.

Hopefully the injury jinx is over and the likes of Parker and Ljungberg can stay fit and prove they are worth the £10 million we splashed on them.
Eggy bread

Post by Eggy bread »

Kludgehammer wrote:No disgrace in that defeat - tremendous performance by our lot, without creating much in the way of chances.

Upson and Gabbidon were immense today, Neil worries me. Parker & Mullins looked good in the middle. Nobby, Cole & Boa worked their arses off. Still concerned about McCartney - doesn't do anything obviously wrong, but there's too much coming in from - but again that might be because Matty "What me? break a sweat?" Etherington is doing f*ck all in front of him.
I agree, Mullins and Parker worked well together and Coley up front was excellent. Upson and Gabbs were bloody immense!!!
We did seem a bit shie to have a shot on goal though.
Really proud to be a hammer after that performance, i really thought we deserved a point!
IRRRRROOOOOOOOOONS
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

desertiron wrote:Done us proud. The odd goal.... I thought Gabbs was fantastic against Drogba.
Agreed, had him in his pocket the whole match.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

this is the grittiest, most balanced and hardworking west ham side I can remember

just some luck with injuries and that creative livewire signing, and we'll be laughing...