Blackburn 0 West Ham Utd 1 (09/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Harewood-3.16

Blackburn 0 West Ham Utd 1 (09/12/07)

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Ah the memories of our last trip to Ewood Park still ring in my memory. How lucky were we then. A big result in the context. You have to win games you dont deserve to every now and then.

Hopefully Bowyer is back. We need a bit more attacking flair in the central of midfield and we need a CM to give Cole something to flick the ball onto in the middle of the park. Id start Ashton reluctantly. He looks fat and unable to jump over a ant never mind go for a ball but his touch still seems to be there. Id go with

Green
Neill Gabbidon Upson Macca
Solano Bowyer Parker Boa Morte
Ashton Cole

Bench: Wright Ljungberg Collins Etherington Mullins

Boa Constrictor has been great as a striker, lets see how he goes in his more favored position down at LW. Ethers is struggling abit and id like to see how he goes coming off the bench. Defence picks itself nowadays. Parker Bowyer could be a very good CM partnership and im looking forward to seeing it. Solano just edges out Ljiungberg but I think Solano should be subbed off earlier then he has been lately.

My prediction is a 1-0 win. Blackburn despite winning have been in poor form and they are definetly vulnerable
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

Can we get the same ref?
westhamrobw

Post by westhamrobw »

not confident for this one. 2-0 blackburn :(

green
neill gabbidon upson mccartney
solano bowyer mullins parker boa morte
cole
I am law

Post by I am law »

H-3.16 is right; the defence now picks itself. Let's get a clean sheet on our travels again please.

Is there any hope of Bellamy being fit for this one? I am assuming not if he doesn't appear in anyone else's 16. I am sure he'd relish a goal against his old team(mates).

I too hope Bowyer is back, but I wouldn't start Ashton and drop Mullins at the same time. Regardless of the spell that they've just gone through, Blackburn have a fluid and resourceful attack (Bentley's two goals yesterday were close to perfection) and I think we'll be better off to revert to the counter-attacking movement seen at Reading and Derby.

Blackburn are a different prospect to those two teams. I'd be happy with an away point and no injuries going into the Cup match.
Eggy bread

Post by Eggy bread »

rather worried about this one :?

as said above defence picks itself, would put Bowyer and Ljungberg in.
he used to be one of the Arse's main attacking threats not that long ago, and is still swedish captain so he can't really be as bad as he's shown for the moment. just feel he needs a couple of games then he'll be fine (well I hope...) bring Solano on with about 20 mins to go. No way can we drop Mullins, he was excellent yesterday!

-----------Green------------
-Neill-Upson-Gabbs-Linda-
Freddy-Parker-Mullins-Boa
-----------Bowyer-----------
-------------CC--------------

subs: Wright, Collins, Nobby, Ethers, Deano
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

Must have nobby in there. Nobby was our best player for the first 45 minutes yesterday and by far the best dead ball striker. If only he was on the pitch when Deano hit that free kick in to the top row yesterday...
Eggy bread

Post by Eggy bread »

kthammer wrote:Must have nobby in there. Nobby was our best player for the first 45 minutes yesterday and by far the best dead ball striker. If only he was on the pitch when Deano hit that free kick in to the top row yesterday...
I just feel he could have a bigger impact if he came for last half hour, can't last all game really
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Massive game this, win it and we are still in touch with those above, lose it and we are in no mans land with newcastle.
MaastrichtHammer

Post by MaastrichtHammer »

Very difficult. I hope for a draw 1-1
resus

Post by resus »

With all our midfield players fit we could field a complete exNewcastle midfield of

Solano----Parker----Bowyer ----Dyer :D ,

but against Blackburn I'd love to see the same midfield starting as against Chelsea.
one fine morning....

Post by one fine morning.... »

i fancy newcastle to get four points before we play this one, so we have to get something.
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

We played well last night, so could get something, but then again Blackburn has traditionally been a bogey ground so I'm not sure.
west ham dancing shoes

Post by west ham dancing shoes »

FloridaHammer wrote:Can we get the same ref?
howard webb?, we had him yesterday.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

I think we'll win this one 2-0. Team's starting to look really well-organised.
D.C

Post by D.C »

Can't see Curbs changing much other than the possibility of getting Bowyer back in at the expense of Matty...unchanged other than that for me and a cheeky 2-1 win too add :D

Green
Lucas-Upson-Gabbs-Linda
Nobby-Bowyer-Mullins-Parker-Boa
Cole

or same line up as against Chelsea (can't see it being anything other than this because Curbs surely won't use a 4-5-1 against Blackburn if he didn't against Chelsea):

Green
Lucas-Upson-Gabbs-Linda
Nobby-Parker-Mullins-Matty
Cole-Boa

Subs:

Wright
Collins
Bowyer/Matty
Freddie
Deano
bobo

Post by bobo »

For me Ashton has to start this game & i would go.

4-4-2

Green
Neill, Gabbs, Upson, Mac.
Bowyer, Parker, Mullins, Etherington.
Ashton, Cole.

I just can't see them handling us in the physical sence & we seem to have a lot of energy in midfield. I also think Bowyer gives us more going forward on the break & that Salano will be deadly in the last 20mins.

Subs;
Wright
Noble/Freddie
Collins
LBM
Nobby

This is if we have not got back Z-man or Bellamy.

That team would have 10 Brits in it & 3 on the bench, who in the prem can say that?
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

bobo - how can you drop boa more and have bowyer on the wing? the former, a natural winger, with some pace, playing well and working hard. The latter, a natural central midfielder, with no pace, playing well and working hard, but offers absolutely no width or options when stuck out on the flank...

for me, time to bring deano in from the start, move boa morte onto the left wing in replace of ethers. Keep mullins and parker in the centre (favouring the sturdy defensive mullins over the more attacking threat of bowyer - it's a close call though, depends how risky/ambitious we are)
irniron

Post by irniron »

Anyone know how many we're taking to this match?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

irniron wrote:Anyone know how many we're taking to this match?
Sorry mate, my crystal balls ****ed atm.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

1-1, we score first half, they score second half !! :wink: 8-)