Blackburn 0 West Ham Utd 1 (09/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

resus

Post by resus »

Happy witth the result, well done to the team.
When Ashton came on we looked much more dangerous. probably has to start in the next game.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Typical West Ham heart in the mouth peformance when it comes to defending at times but very happy with the win. Would have taken a draw before the game
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

A little highlight package for those who haven't seen anything yet.
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

MrBen wrote: Picky C*nt. Have a few more Quilmes and you'll see it a whole different game :thup:
Behave

Remind me how many goals he coneded in this game and for all the season
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

:raver: :raver: :raver: :raver: :raver: :raver: :raver:

and thanks for the highlights, Lee.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Greens 6th clean sheet this season :thup:
Dan M

well

Post by Dan M »

How many clean sheets has Robinson, Carson, James, Foster kept this season. Must be at least 12 to warrent them being in front of Green for England
cockney boy

Post by cockney boy »

davids cross wrote: Your avatar :thup: :lol:
Keep your eyes off my nan, matey. :lol:
clarke

Post by clarke »

Was anybody else amazed by the 'mobile carvery' in the pub car park?
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I was working and watched the game as i got home until the goal as im too tired :D From what i saw we just looked so solid and was attacking pretty well on the break. The delivery was poor a lot of the time but nevertheless we were playing well and i felt we were the better team from what i saw.

Scott Parker looks like the player we have needed for a long time. A ball winner, that can play from box to box and just be a nuisance to the oppositions midfield. Also good to have a player who isn't scared to shoot from outside the box. Hardly ever do we score outside the box as we are too scared to shoot, we usually over play it.

Upson and Gabbs, ultimate thumbs up! :thup:
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Well, we can nitpick individual performances to death but in general I thought the team had a really solid shape to it. Lacking a bit of imagination going forward perhaps, but once Fatty came on he gave us a bit of guile, not to mention a goal. Gabbidon was ****ing awesome, back to his HOTY best I thought. Humble pie duly served and swallowed re him. Well done Droops.

p.s. No coincidence our victory coincided with the turfing out of Freddie Freeloading F. Ljungberg from the 16. Long may it continue. The absolute ********.
John Simkin
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by John Simkin »

Green 8 – Once again showed he is the best shot stopper in the premiership.

Neill 5.5 - Gives the ball away too often when he advances upfield. Our main weak link at the moment.

McCartney 6 – Except for one sliced clearance had his usual good game. Played an important role in the goal.

Gabbidon 8 – My man of the match. Did not think he would recapture the form of two seasons ago but he has.

Upson 7 – Good solid performance. Developing a very good partnership with Gabbidon.

Parker 8 – Still not match fit but a class performer. I love the way he drives the team forward. Over-ran the ball a couple of times and was lucky not to get a yellow card with his late tackles but has the ability to dominate the midfield area.

Mullins 7 – Works well with Parker. He will rarely catch the eye but he covers well for Neill and Parker when they advance upfield.

Solano 5.5 - Couple of nice passes but I still see him as a luxury player. He is the sort of player you bring on late in the game to unlock a stubborn defence.

Cole 7 - Worked hard but was not so effective as he has been over the last couple of games. Linked up well with Ashton in the second-half and his good work set-up his fellow striker for what should have been a second goal.

Boa Morte 6 – Contributes a great deal by closing players down but does not pose too much of an attacking threat.

Etherington 5.5 – Seems to have lost his confidence again. He is reluctant to go past players at the moment. It is possible he is carrying an injury.

Ashton 7 – Clearly not fully fit but showed some good touches. Tremendous potential. He could turn out to be a another Shearer if he keeps clear of injuries.
hammer it home
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by hammer it home »

clarke wrote:Was anybody else amazed by the 'mobile carvery' in the pub car park?
Ha ha - bit of beef in a roll with a few spuds and gravy! I opted for the hot dog.
clarke

Post by clarke »

hammer it home wrote: Ha ha - bit of beef in a roll with a few spuds and gravy! I opted for the hot dog.
I wanted a ****ing half pounder. However, i was truly in awe of the mobile carvery and the dry beef.
I am law

Post by I am law »

Has anyone established yet what Deano's beef was?
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Fantastic three ponts and another clean sheet.

Curbs really has sorted out our defence out. Upson and Gabbidon kept McCarthy and Santa Cruz so quiet, McCartney was solid and got forward well and Neill had a decent game. I thought we played really well 1st half but just lacked the final ball and in the 2nd half we found that final ball. Great ball from Solano, good cross from McCartney and Ashton was in the right place for a simple tap in. Ashton had a very good game when he came on, scored the goal and showed some great touches.

MOTM for me for the second game in a row would be Parker who I thought ran the midfield. Boa Morte also had a very good game and what can you say about Green? Brilliant double save and then a great save from Tugay. He really should be England's number one.

Great win. :thup:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Cambiasso wrote: You miss the point. I'm thrilled with the win. There were many positives to take from it.

I was just making a few points that I had kept to myself for a few matches already (Neill's average if not poor performances, my dislike for the Deano is a footballing "God" comments) ...

Just because we won the match doesn't mean that the team isn't open to criticism. The same applies had we lost or drawn(?).

Out of the back four, Gabbidon, Upson, and McCartney have been tremendously reliable. LBM, despite some of his shortcomings, has been putting in great effort in (at least) the last three matches. Mullins has also been great, considering last season some (including myself) were writing him off as a mule/pony only fit for the Championship.

I truly believe that Green lacked confidence and security today. One spectacular save against Tugay and a bit of flopping on the ground to save Pedersen's, but sloppy otherwise. Not a terrible performance, but not one worthy of praise. A save or two may be worthy of praise, but not the entire performance.

The Neill of this season has not been the same as the Neill of last. One need only compare his performance to that of McCartney's on the opposite side of the pitch. Yes, the same McCartney who put in the cross for Asthon's goal. :wink:

Parker leaves a lot of work behind for Mullins and the rest of the defense with his sometimes irresponsible runs or wild passes. Just because a pass has a lot of power and weight doesn't mean it's a "deadly" or "defense prying" pass.

I watched the match on TV and I didn't like Ashton's celebration, nor his selfishness when he blasted that shot over the goal instead of putting LBM through ... as if he considered the option, but chose instead to go for personal glory. I almost wish Cole put in that goal instead. I'm all for Ashton coming back to his best (whatever that is ...), but he better start pulling his weight around a bit more -- pun also intended. :wink:
:shock: Are you Adrian Durham just trying to get a reaction??

Probably our best win of the season (Considering the opposition), and you seem to find more negatives than positives. get a grip.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Cambiasso wrote: You miss the point. I'm thrilled with the win. There were many positives to take from it.

I was just making a few points that I had kept to myself for a few matches already (Neill's average if not poor performances, my dislike for the Deano is a footballing "God" comments) ...

Just because we won the match doesn't mean that the team isn't open to criticism. The same applies had we lost or drawn(?).

Out of the back four, Gabbidon, Upson, and McCartney have been tremendously reliable. LBM, despite some of his shortcomings, has been putting in great effort in (at least) the last three matches. Mullins has also been great, considering last season some (including myself) were writing him off as a mule/pony only fit for the Championship.

I truly believe that Green lacked confidence and security today. One spectacular save against Tugay and a bit of flopping on the ground to save Pedersen's, but sloppy otherwise. Not a terrible performance, but not one worthy of praise. A save or two may be worthy of praise, but not the entire performance.

The Neill of this season has not been the same as the Neill of last. One need only compare his performance to that of McCartney's on the opposite side of the pitch. Yes, the same McCartney who put in the cross for Asthon's goal. :wink:

Parker leaves a lot of work behind for Mullins and the rest of the defense with his sometimes irresponsible runs or wild passes. Just because a pass has a lot of power and weight doesn't mean it's a "deadly" or "defense prying" pass.

I watched the match on TV and I didn't like Ashton's celebration, nor his selfishness when he blasted that shot over the goal instead of putting LBM through ... as if he considered the option, but chose instead to go for personal glory. I almost wish Cole put in that goal instead. I'm all for Ashton coming back to his best (whatever that is ...), but he better start pulling his weight around a bit more -- pun also intended. :wink:
someone watches the same west ham me and the people i go with

agree with all except the green bit

he had very little to do except kick until the double save and tugay one, wouldn't say there was any way of judging him, as he caught crosses well and kicked well
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

sicknote wrote: someone watches the same west ham me and the people i go with

agree with all except the green bit

he had very little to do except kick until the double save and tugay one, wouldn't say there was any way of judging him, as he caught crosses well and kicked well
Actually your right........the way we were playing this time last year was far better! :wink:
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

I scanned the thread quickly, so apologise if i'm duplicating!
Is Cole suspended now, as it was mentioned that he was 1 booking away from a ban?
Anyone know?