Blackburn 0 West Ham Utd 1 (09/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

Heysel76 wrote:I scanned the thread quickly, so apologise if i'm duplicating!
Is Cole suspended now, as it was mentioned that he was 1 booking away from a ban?
Anyone know?
Suspended for Boro, puzzled me. :?
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

I'm just glad we've gotten away from that 'Keystone Kops' defensive style we had last season. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry at times.
I can't see Anton getting in the side for a while, annoys me a bit the way he regularly hits the ball into Row Z when it's not neccessary, love the way our defense are passing the ball out of trouble now, even when under pressure, and not just kicking it straight out for a throw in and bringing the opposition straight back onto us.
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

Maroonmachine wrote:I'm just glad we've gotten away from that 'Keystone Kops' defensive style we had last season. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry at times.
I can't see Anton getting in the side for a while, annoys me a bit the way he regularly hits the ball into Row Z when it's not neccessary, love the way our defense are passing the ball out of trouble now, even when under pressure, and not just kicking it straight out for a throw in and bringing the opposition straight back onto us.
Most of that though is due to movement from players in front of them. Look at all the top teams, there's always someone to pass to. That's the major problem with England - all the players can pass the ball, but to who.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

I am law wrote:Has anyone established yet what Deano's beef was?
Probably out of the mobile carvery that Clarke was talking about !!!