LCQF: West Ham Utd 1 Everton 2 (12/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Romford wrote:I don't want some overpaid knob upfront who can't take a poxy corner...

We will see on Saturday just how injured these fellas are...in my book Curbs put up the white flag :thdn:
Ah which of the overpaid knobs are you talking about. If Cole could of stayed on he would of. Coles all man. Hes no wimp
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Harewood-3.16 wrote: Ah which of the overpaid knobs are you talking about. If Cole could of stayed on he would of. Coles all man. Hes no wimp
I'm talking of that Swedish c@nt

We must have more depth than that :?
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Romford wrote: I'm talking of that Swedish c@nt

We must have more depth than that :?
Not atm. Ephriam is our only other attacking option left and well yeh. Its getting a bit ridiculous now though isnt it. Frustrating as hell.

Still, I dont think a coach should ever be blamed for taking of a notably injured player
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Moyes said the first half was the best half of footy in his managerial career. f*** me he must be easily pleased or what :shock:
Langley Hammer

FFS!!

Post by Langley Hammer »

I've just woken up in Australia and logged on and why am I not surprised at the result?

Ok we are all dissapointed, but Everton are a good team and with our injuries it is always going to be a struggle. It appears that Curbs wanted to win and maybe got his team selection a bit wrong champing at the bit. Should he have stuck with Wright? Why did Ashton start? Paintsil?? Don't forget having Solano and Camara cup-tied doesn't help the cause.
In the end a defensive error cost us and if the game did go into extra time we would have been mullered.

I know it's difficult bet lets rally and get our own back on Saturday!
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

Neither team gave it 100%. Everton are very well organised but they are not unbeatable at all. Let's hope Deano has got all the crap out of his system and will be back on form on Saturday. Freddie will get better and with a bit of luck Matty will be available as we lacked width. At some point Lucas Neill will have a decent game, too.
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

sick of us playing like an away side at home and can't see that changing anytime soon :(
I am law

Post by I am law »

Just home

Haven't read anything else of this thread and, from the BMU, I couldn't see how we possibly conceded the second. Yakubu was given it on a plate, it seems.

There's no real spark in our play at home at the moment and the die was cast the moment Cole went off.

Ashton barely jumped for any of the long balls played up to him in the last 20 minutes.

Everton beat us - deservedly - in 3rd gear. Pretty disappointing all told.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Romford wrote:Curbs tactics are fine ???? :shock:

Who was going to score in extra time...and who was going to make it ??

Reid and Pants on each wing

An unfit duo of Ashton and Fred upfront

Curbs had as much in us being out as the prick of a ref who missed the push in the centre of the park :evil:

think he went 4-5-1 with ljundberg behind ashton to counter the 5 in mid than the scousers had...

to be honest mate, i ain't too arsed about the result.

with the squad the way it is, would prefer less games.

with the two cup tied players, dyer out until the end of the season, faubert back maybe march (fully fit) bellamy out until feb (if reports are to be believed ~ if then) the squad is fairly stretched right now. noble recovering from a double hernia, bowyer still to regain fitness, anton gradually getting fit, collins been out a while, now etherington (albeit he is playing like ***** the past 2 games) i don't think we can afford more games.

i actually think that some time off and resting players will be of benefit.

(always borrow money from a pessimist. he will NEVER expect to get it back).

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

On a plus thought Scott Parker played well again
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Most disappointing result of the season this season. Apart from the first 20 minutes we justs didn't look like we wanted to win. Ashton was particularly **** and their second goal summed up the performance as a whole.

That said, I think that we will stuff them on Saturday. Neil had another mare, got to be time to give him a rest I think, wasn't impressed with Mullins and I would drop him for Noble at the weekend. Was impressed of what I saw with Reid though.
lynothehammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

Is there any news of what happened outside the ground 2nite on the Barking Road ? lots of rumours flying about ?
Hammer Laffers
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

lynothehammer wrote:Is there any news of what happened outside the ground 2nite on the Barking Road ? lots of rumours flying about ?
Car accident
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

Any video footage of the Gabbidon/Green disaster? Somebody got a youtube link? (It's like a car crash - I know it's grusome, but I can't look away)
lynothehammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

Hammer Laffers wrote: Car accident
Heard some fella got hit by a bus? just wondered if anyone knew of his condition.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

fair play..we were beaten by a very, very well organised and hard working everton side, that truly speaking, are about two years ahead of where we are at.

They won just about every first ball, and if they didnt, they won the knock downs..they were miles better than us at ball retention- nowt spectacular, just ground us down.

as for us? looked good generally at the back.Thought parker tried but was submerged in midfield, we had a shokin lack of width. ...mainly cos the twat llundberg seems to want to play in the centre...deano's worst game ever, in fact if that was zammo or cole etc etc who had played as badly as he had done, he'd be ruined here, but he isnt, so he wont be. in fairness, he had shocking service, but he looks like as agile as jon ****ing hartson...

the subs were a joke.

reidy had trouble running and kicking a ball at the same time ..and no, im not joking

john paintsil a west ham player? do f*** off!!

the 2nd goal was a double ricket from greeny...i) he should have come out and cleared it ii) he had the chance to just flick the ball away with his hand - did neither and hey ho its over

p.s. I never want that useless ****ing prima donna freddie gaylord ****ing swedish **** near our club again....listen pretty boy --if you cant get your corners over the defender..FOR THE SIXTH OR SEVENTH TIME!!! fuk offf

please

now
!!

60 clicks a week for that you ****?>!!??

anywayss...we'll beat em 3-1 on saturday!
I am law

Post by I am law »

w4hammer wrote: anywayss...we'll beat em 3-1 on saturday!
Freddie hat-trick?
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

I'm sorry but Ashton should not start on Saturday after tonight, I accept his lacking fitness but thats no excuse for not jumping or running two feet, Carlton Cole run the show upfront tonight and is playing out of his skin and his
reaction when he scored was one of sheer delight, we should really keep getting behind the lad. We lost due to our own incomptence, I think Everton would of nicked it in extra time but we gave it to them on a plate. Also what has happened to Lucas, lucky not to give a penalty away with a move that wouldn't look out of place in WWE. I thought Freddie played well and is too clever for his team mates sometimes, he sees things other don't, i think it will take him time to adjust a lower level of team mate.

Just hope we get revenge Saturday.
mattyfwd

Post by mattyfwd »

Anybody got a link for the Yakubu goal?
westhamben

Post by westhamben »

lynothehammer wrote:Is there any news of what happened outside the ground 2nite on the Barking Road ? lots of rumours flying about ?
bus and person, bit of a mess!

much like the game!

sat in the Dr Martins stand, what a joke it is in there, no ****er sings!
you might as well have it empty!

the Ref was the biggest pile of **** i have ever seen!

as long as we do them on saturday i dont care!