LCQF: West Ham Utd 1 Everton 2 (12/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

fmgod wrote:I'm sorry but Ashton should not start on Saturday after tonight, I accept his lacking fitness but thats no excuse for not jumping or running two feet, Carlton Cole run the show upfront tonight and is playing out of his skin and his
reaction when he scored was one of sheer delight, we should really keep getting behind the lad. We lost due to our own incomptence, I think Everton would of nicked it in extra time but we gave it to them on a plate. Also what has happened to Lucas, lucky not to give a penalty away with a move that wouldn't look out of place in WWE. I thought Freddie played well and is too clever for his team mates sometimes, he sees things other don't, i think it will take him time to adjust a lower level of team mate.

Just hope we get revenge Saturday.
Hes so clever he can't cross a ball in his own time without hitting the first defender :eh:

I can't have that...

As for when he was put through in the second half...the Queen fuckin Mary has a smaller turning circle than he did !!
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

OK, maybe a spot of realism.

Everton are unbeaten in 11 games, have no real injury problems, and are a good solid side with no obvious weaknesses.

We are a developing side, with stacks of injuries, and Curbs is forced to bring on Reid & Pantsil instead of Faubert /Dyer/Bowyer/Bellamy.

Not only did we not cave in, it took a defensive blunder for Everton to beat us. They didn't look like scoring any more than we did in the second half.

So what's the big problem? How (and why) did Curbs wave the white flag? Did he tell Green to gift Yakubu a goal? I don't think so. Did he tell Freddie to hit corners straight at the nearest defender. No again. Did he want to take Cole and LBM off. No way in a million years.

I've been known to slag off West Ham managers (Boxing Day against Sheffield Utd a couple of years ago stands out), but that's when the entire team are playing like a bunch of disinterested money-grabbing strangers. That simply isn't the case at the moment.
char_pdc

Post by char_pdc »

Romford wrote:Cole was more fit than Ashton and Llunberg

Carlton Cole had a groin problem and limped straight off the pitch down the tunnel with a doctor/physio. I just hope its not too serious
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

I am law wrote: Freddie hat-trick?
I think I'm pretty safe in saying W4hammer hopes not. :lol:

So do I to be honest - The geezer's looked bored with West Hamevery second he's been on the pitch.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Romford wrote: Hes so clever he can't cross a ball in his own time without hitting the first defender :eh:

I can't have that...

As for when he was put through in the second half...the Queen fuckin Mary has a smaller turning circle than he did !!
I know that but some of his runs etc went unspotted.

What was the idea on corners, a near post flick on?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

char_pdc wrote:
Carlton Cole had a groin problem and limped straight off the pitch down the tunnel with a doctor/physio. I just hope its not too serious
Douglas Badar would be more fit than fred and ashton at the mo
I am law

Post by I am law »

Tel The Hammer wrote: I think I'm pretty safe in saying W4hammer hopes not. :lol:

So do I to be honest - The geezer's looked bored with West Hamevery second he's been on the pitch.
Romford's right about his turning circle, but that was probably Ljunberg's most effective game for us, so far.

I don't care who scores on Saturday. I'd fall of the chair I sit in if we score three then!
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

If I were Richard Wright last night I would have gone home had a few drinks and bitterly laughed my arse off at Curbs, said f*** 'em and got on the blower to my agent to say please find me some football somewhere. Despite whatever else went on last night I find it highly unfair that his cup run was not continued.
Langley Hammer

Post by Langley Hammer »

Chrissieboy wrote:If I were Richard Wright last night I would have gone home had a few drinks and bitterly laughed my arse off at Curbs, said f*ck 'em and got on the blower to my agent to say please find me some football somewhere. Despite whatever else went on last night I find it highly unfair that his cup run was not continued.
Well that was Curbs' dillema. Should he go with Wright or his number one? Curbs wanted to progress so he obviously plumped for who he thought would help that aim.
As soon as it was up on the OS you knew it was going to be Green.
As I said in my earlier post I think Curbs was a bit eager which led to some of his (mis)selections.
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Im gutted. proper gutted. Anyone else feel the same? Our big night under the lights and we didnt turn up.
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

Just got back, the train journey back was hell, spent an hour and a half sitting impaled on one of those bike rack things. That aside, we just didn't turn up tonight really. Everton are a very good team, and they showed it. Their ball retention is excellent and they never stopped hussling us. TBH I couldn't see where another goal was coming from. Ljungberg's set pieces were very dissapointing and Ashton was a little of the pace. Scott Parker however is beginning to look really settled in the middle, I just wish we had a bit more creative force in there. Really dissappointed with the Yakubu goal, a rush of blood to the head by Mr. Gabbidon it seems. Still we live and learn, no need for all this Curbs bashing just because we lost tonight, roll on Saturday.
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Gotta agree with the post above about how much further along the line Everton are. They have one of the best managers in the league in charge, have been developing their team for a long while now, and they play some good football. Remember a few years back we used to lose about 8-0 regularly to Everton, and that was when they were **** fringe relegation candidates and had people like Kevin Campbell and Naysmith in the team. Things have improved.
V-M

Post by V-M »

Curbs is fine. But as far as Im concerened the swede can do one.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

vmixture wrote:Curbs is fine. But as far as Im concerened the swede can do one.

+

=

:thup:
V-M

Post by V-M »

Not even fit for a sunday lunch my friend.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

vmixture wrote:Not even fit for a sunday lunch my friend.
The middle thing in the post above looks like you vmixture..

Just woke up, knew we had lost by the odd goial despite dreaming we had won it on Pens..

I don't want to lose to the Scouse c**** on Saturday too though..
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Get over it people. This is the kind of tin-pot trophy the Totts cream themselves over winning. That said, Everton were excellent on the night and are a very very good team. No shame losing to a side like that. We WILL ****ing beat them on Saturday though, the absolute c****.

p.s. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't EVERY appearance Freddie Freeloading F. Ljungberg has made this this season (starting or off the bench) ended in defeat for us? The man is an absolute ****ing jinx and a **** footballer to boot. Free transfer in Jan please, Droops.
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

Chrissieboy wrote:If I were Richard Wright last night I would have gone home had a few drinks and bitterly laughed my arse off at Curbs, said f*ck 'em and got on the blower to my agent to say please find me some football somewhere. Despite whatever else went on last night I find it highly unfair that his cup run was not continued.
What I find strange is, Curbs put Green in goal, as he is the better keeper, but then was willing to play Ashton and Ljungberg upfront, as we headed into extra-time.

Given Ashton's regular hamstring problems which he's had since his time at Crewe, I find it strange you'd ask 2 hours of football from him, not only when he's not fit for such, but on one of the coldest nights of the year so far.

I don't think Everton were wonderful. In fact, I think despite their excellent run of form, we could have had them. Instead following the goal, we decided to drop off, and in turn, Everton were given freedom to come at us, and they scored. And with playing a 5 man midfield, they have the extra man advantage to win the seconds, which when you're playing deeper and long ball, gives them a much greater advantage as you just return possession to them and invite another wave of attack.

Yakubu showed though in the 90th minute, what chasing lost causes can create though through miscommunication.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Another day. Another bout of Curbs bashing. :oops:

Fickle babys....... :oops: We lost to a decent side by an error. Get over it FFS! :shock:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

AlfieG wrote:Another day. Another bout of Curbs bashing. :oops:

Fickle babys....... :oops: We lost to a decent side by an error. Get over it FFS! :shock:
It's unreal isn't it ??

Quite sda really..

We had a mega page thread after the Blackburn game praising the team that he has turned us into then the masses are cnuting him off after this....

The beauty of the internet i suppose..